The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
To be fair they’re saying Washington came through and tripled his salary. He at 9 mill a year and was saying that without expecting that money as an option

Yeah, but to say this publicly (and most likely privately) is to essentially imply you can't be bought. Cuz let's be real, we all know mfs wit the bigger bankroll, or bigger facilities or bigger opportunity to get favor by committees etc will come knocking once you do good. All it ever does is pour more salt in the wounds wit ya players.

As much flack as Deion catch, he kinda played it right toward the end with refusing to answer when people would ask and "fans" ended up being more mad than the players I think.

Like, he knew Zona had budget issues and prob couldn't offer him the extension he was lookin for so just say I'm good for now and keep it moving lol

vino

Superstar
Daps
Dudes told me he was better than Perry after he flipped…then told me they don’t need Ryan cause they got him…
It’s gone be a little dark for Bama but the entitled fanbase won’t be use to what this winter will feel like. They’ll bounce back but I think they have a few coaches before that happens

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Man times have changed like a MF for coaches. This was Mike Shula's original deal with Bama in 02:

Six-year, $5.4 million contract.

Now we got numerours MFs at 10+ mil a year :wow:

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Bama approaching a great winter. I hope you have your thermals and parkas ready. All you’ll have is those great stories of Saban’s reign for a bit of time.

Idk on that, right now on paper they can still be in the hunt for the playoffs top 5 even which is what you can ask, i feel like he might get him one

Washington is a stepping stone program it’s hard for their fans to accept it because they prolly shouldn’t he

Not really, take sark out the mix, because he was trying to work his way to usc or better, but that program can easily be a final resting spot, it’s not like a nikka leave there for Arkansas or wake forest, it have to be a job-job

Feel bad for Zona fans, finally looks like they nailed a coaching hire after going thru several cycles, freshman starting QB that you know you will have for several years and now that's all up in smoke

The game is the game, so they pivot and give some young up and coming coach/coordinator a shot he’ll wonder if buddy at liberty might put his hat in the ring

These mfs gotta stop overselling it for when the inevitable happens lol

Like i said before coaches job is to sell ten year plans while planning one year at a time, he didn’t know how the talks and contract would go as shyt was progressing so he had to be like yep i love it

vino

Superstar
Daps
Idk on that, right now on paper they can still be in the hunt for the playoffs top 5 even which is what you can ask, i feel like he might get him one

I’m not saying with who is there now. I’m saying players will be leaving within that 30 days. Also, players will leave with spring ball. They won’t have the luxury of depth that they always experienced.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I’m not saying with who is there now. I’m saying players will be leaving within that 30 days. Also, players will leave with spring ball. They won’t have the luxury of depth that they always experienced.

We don’t know how many will go or stay, shyt might be business as usual we will see :yeshrug:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
It’s gone be a little dark for Bama but the entitled fanbase won’t be use to what this winter will feel like. They’ll bounce back but I think they have a few coaches before that happens
I think breh offensive staff gonna keep em at least competitive but

@Wisc
Georgia
@UTk
Missouri
@LSU
@OU
Hugh Freeze, who always gives Alabama troubles

That’s not even counting the nobodies, where they almost had a loss come to last year. If DeBoer can field a top 5 recruiting class through all that, I’ll be blown the fukk away. No hater shyt