The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
@Silkk Main event? :ohhh:

I really think cfb friday night can become a great product for teams, B1G teams not wanting to play makes no sense :mjlol:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I really hate how some of the dumbass analysts keep mentioning how teams who don't make their conference title game will have to play an "extra" game in the playoffs like the Conference title game isn't an "extra" game.

Tbh Georgia would be much better off not making the SEC title game and having to play an elite team like Bama or Texas after already having played 2-3 weeks straight, Instead taking that weekend as a bye letting them beat each other up and instead either hosting a 1st round playoff game at home after a week of rest or going and smacking up some team that doesn't stand a chance against them.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
shyt I just realized the SEC and BIG10 title game losers gonna have to play that game and then turn around and play again the next week.....

Yeah fucck that, You better off not making it

concise

Veteran
Daps
I really hate how some of the dumbass analysts keep mentioning how teams who don't make their conference title game will have to play an "extra" game in the playoffs like the Conference title game isn't an "extra" game.

Tbh Georgia would be much better off not making the SEC title game and having to play an elite team like Bama or Texas after already having played 2-3 weeks straight, Instead taking that weekend as a bye letting them beat each other up and instead either hosting a 1st round playoff game at home after a week of rest or going and smacking up some team that doesn't stand a chance against them.

shyt I just realized the SEC and BIG10 title game losers gonna have to play that game and then turn around and play again the next week.....

Yeah fucck that, You better off not making it

Yep, main reason why I never understood people saying Notre Dame would have problems in this format ... not having to play a conference title game works heavily in their favor now.

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
man, washington/wash st playing the apple cup this early in the year instead of an end of season rivalry game doesn't even feel right -- it's not even harvesting season for apples until the end of the year....and i didn't see anybody really complain about it in the r/cfb postgame. what, did the fanbases not make enough noise or does the big10 not care enough to schedule that game until the end of the season?...whenever the arkansas/LSU game is moved to week 3 or 5, at least there were jokes about 'how's your thanksgiving?' or about LSU playing similar crimson-colored uniforms back to back and not realizing it's another team that just dress like bama to suddenly wake up from the bama concussion the week prior, etc

FSU finally have a broken finger reason to not play DJU prior to the clemson ass whooping:mjlol: if this was willie taggart, he would have been fired after being 1-4 despite going undefeated in the regular season the previous year...call it like it is, white privilege for not developing the scheme and gameplanning, the same shyt hugh freeze has for pretending to be a reformed man when he's still the same slimey mofo with even more excuses and rhetoric every week for throwing his own players under the bus on why they're not winning

big 10 should have accepted notre dame in the conference a long time ago before that NBC TV deal that made them realize being independent is more lucrative without having to have any championship game in order to be a shoo-in for the playoffs, smh....big 10 be hating back in the days propelled by michigan, they rejected MSU, OSU, but more because they didn't have elite education back then and 'not trusting catholics'

we getting game matchups that we only get to see at bowl games, so i'm not really complaining, even tho some of these parities are more random than complimentary football to watch if it wasn't for the upsets :manny:...refs better get it together and not play bullshyt refball just to rig game outcomes :ufdup:...but it's bound to happen in favor of the bluebloods anyways

for the random hate that texas be getting for being a privileged school just to be boat-raced by air raid spin-off offenses in the big 12 and TAMU for being a cult, it's still crazy to me that SMU didn't get invited to join the big 12 given that it's mostly texas and nearby schools for that conference. they must really hate SMU for that pony excess stunt they pulled just to wait 30 years after the death penalty to come back to football prominence, and just in time to get revenge on FSU talking shyt about the ACC and ACC social medias basking in the karma retribution of posting FSU's losses after FSU's lawsuit and criticizing the expansion members in order to leave the ACC. with these southern private schools like SMU, they just overcharge the students' tuition in order to secure football funding to pay coaches and players, and southern football fanatics are quick to be complicit with all of this

the south always had the bagman to pay players and urban meyer declaring ohio state to be an SEC school in the north should have rang alarm bells for what they needed to do in order to accomplish this. NIL before NIL was always a thing and now that it's legal, butthurt saban had to retire and go on capital hill for a hearing just because it's 'unregulated'...well, it's only regulated when it's an open secret in the south for southern advantage prior it being accessible for all athletes to profiteer for the schools that are still not paying players under the table, where the NCAA plays favorites and don't go after certain 'too big to fail programs' when hellcats were showing up at bama's practice facilities long before NIL. players being 'open-promised' money not under contract is always shytty tho and this would have happened before NIL/transfer portal and the player would have been totally screwed or had to suck it up and deal with it, just to 'fall in line' with the rest of the program

with that recent chart, i still can't believe UTSA quietly started their football program in 2011...i thought they've existed a long time ago, even prior to the spurs winning all those championships. a texas college not having a football team unheard of, even tho some teams are mediocre like Rice. even south florida and FAU starting their football program late 90s/early 00s is crazy to me, like these parts of the country don't eat breathe and sleep football...whenever florida gulf coast decides to start their football program, i suppose. i guess the schools that don't start football whatsoever or quit football a long time ago like university of chicago, NYU, boston university, and those random schools that you can't find on the map who dominates in the basketball tournaments don't get much fanfare from football blogs to know that even happened with them

Last edited: