The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Because you’re only doing it to keep the current roster intact. Moore isn’t some proven, talented HC. He’s only been a OC by himself for one season. It’s like Bama hiring Rees or Trob just to try to keep the roster together.

This isn't true

-Jim groomed him to take over and was always the heir apparent
-Landed most of our top recruits as the top or secondary recruiter in the past 10 years
-Beat PSU and Ohio on short notice
- coached 2 Olines to the Joe Moore award
-obviously young with tons of room to grow
-Keeps the NFL coaching pipeline open with Jim (Chargers) and John (Ravens) which has went well with guys like Mike MacDonald and Jesse Minter
-Keeps the best strength and conditioning coach in America in place

You just have some silly idea that Courtney Morgan made Michigan and is going to somehow take 1st rd picks like Will Johnson, Mason Graham and Colston Loveland

:russ::russ::russ:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
The real question will be if he is lazy to not look outside for his OC & DC and just hire within himself cuz u can get by & make progress (see Dabo) while having some strong coordinators.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
This isn't true

-Jim groomed him to take over and was always the heir apparent
-Landed most of our top recruits as the top or secondary recruiter in the past 10 years
-Beat PSU and Ohio on short notice
- coached 2 Olines to the Joe Moore award
-obviously young with tons of room to grow
-Keeps the NFL coaching pipeline open with Jim (Chargers) and John (Ravens) which has went well with guys like Mike MacDonald and Jesse Minter
-Keeps the best strength and conditioning coach in America in place

You just have some silly idea that Courtney Morgan made Michigan and is going to somehow take 1st rd picks like Will Johnson, Mason Graham and Colston Loveland

:russ::russ::russ:
Lol so y’all are giving him the credit for building the team and winning those games now? Michigan fans can believe whatever they want but until he actually proves himself then it’s a lazy, short-sighted hire.

I’m just trolling with the Morgan stuff, only player we’d be interested in is Johnson anyway.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Because you’re only doing it to keep the current roster intact. Moore isn’t some proven, talented HC. He’s only been a OC by himself for one season. It’s like Bama hiring Rees or Trob just to try to keep the roster together.

Who that's proven is on the market or would leave?

Didn't Brian Kelly leave ND for better recruiting grounds + more lax academic admissions? Why would he come to Michigan to deal w/ that again? Not like LSU won’t pay.

Not to mention, BK is pretty overrated in my book, so if I'm Mich, I'd rather roll the dice w/ Moore than know there's a ceiling on the program

If coaches weren't leaving for Bama they're not leaving for Mich

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Lol so y’all are giving him the credit for building the team and winning those games now? Michigan fans can believe whatever they want but until he actually proves himself then it’s a lazy, short-sighted hire.

I’m just trolling with the Morgan stuff, only player we’d be interested in is Johnson anyway.

Mason Graham and Kenneth Grant are better than anyone you have in the interior D line but I digress.

Sherrone proved himself as a TE coach then as an OL coach then as a OC then as an interim HC at only 37 years old all while pulling guys like JJ McCarthy, Daxton Hill, Donovan Edwards, Mazi Smith, etc as lead recruiter.

You hire someone else and lose access to the best defensive scheme in football via the Ravens and Chargers and the best S+C coach.

Basically, you know nothing.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Who that's proven is on the market or would leave?

Didn't Brian Kelly leave ND for better recruiting grounds + more lax academic admissions? Why would he come to Michigan to deal w/ that again? Not like LSU won’t pay.

Not to mention, BK is pretty overrated in my book, so if I'm Mich, I'd rather roll the dice w/ Moore than know there's a ceiling on the program

If coaches weren't leaving for Bama they're not leaving for Mich
Why y’all keep saying BK is overrated I just seen this man inherited a absolute mess and had 2 10 wins with prolly the worst teams he’ll have here

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Mason Graham and Kenneth Grant are better than anyone you have in the interior D line but I digress.

Sherrone proved himself as a TE coach then as an OL coach then as a OC then as an interim HC at only 37 years old all while pulling guys like JJ McCarthy, Daxton Hill, Donovan Edwards, Mazi Smith, etc as lead recruiter.

You hire someone else and lose access to the best defensive scheme in football via the Ravens and Chargers and the best S+C coach.

Basically, you know nothing.
We don’t need DL.

Best defensive scheme and best S&C staff? lmao just because y’all finally won one title doesn’t make y’all the standard in football.

We’ll see what happens. Just don’t see Moore winning anything
that’s the problem y’all be having bold opinions about program yall know little about
Aren’t you the same one who was trying to tell Bama fans we needed to hire Dabo or go after Kelly lol

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
We don’t need DL.

Best defensive scheme and best S&C staff? lmao just because y’all finally won one title doesn’t make y’all the standard in football.

The defensive scheme isn't just tied to Michigan....do your googles.

Ben Herbert....once again do your googles.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
If thats the litmus then Bama damn sure aint in the convo but its already established you know nothing

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
If thats the litmus then Bama damn sure aint in the convo but its already established you know nothing
Being a Michigan fan and saying you have the best staff and scheme doesn’t mean you know something lmao. You don’t know shyt about any other programs staff or schemes.