The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Chi

@jadillac you see what bama boy saying about ur squad

100% agree unless they hit on some type of generational coach from within that would never leave OU.

They won't be as bad as Nebraska due to proximity to Texas recruiting grounds. But playing in the SEC will mean many more losses when they skated by dominating a league where they had a distinct talent advantage, and UT was down for the last decade+. That will not be the case any more.

I think OU will be more of a Wisconsin level... (I could see Fickel getting the job there eventually which would be big for OU, but he'd leave in a heartbeat if OSU became open). 8-10 win seasons, but won't be beating the UGAs, LSUs, Bamas, etc. of the SEC. Plus UT is on the rise right now, so there's a def momentum shift in their rivalry.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
100% agree unless they hit on some type of generational coach from within that would never leave OU.

They won't be as bad as Nebraska due to proximity to Texas recruiting grounds. But playing in the SEC will mean many more losses when they skated by dominating a league where they had a distinct talent advantage, and UT was down for the last decade+. That will not be the case any more.

I think OU will be more of a Wisconsin level... (I could see Fickel getting the job there eventually which would be big for OU, but he'd leave in a heartbeat if OSU became open). 8-10 win seasons, but won't be beating the UGAs, LSUs, Bamas, etc. of the SEC. Plus UT is on the rise right now, so there's a def momentum shift in their rivalry.

Having that offensive of a coach leave and your most talented qb, along with others would hurt any team

Outside of uga and maybe Bama, they should be able to compete/beat a large Chuck of the sec

Fickle ain’t leaving the Midwest

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Having that offensive of a coach leave and your most talented qb, along with others would hurt any team

Outside of uga and maybe Bama, they should be able to compete/beat a large Chuck of the sec

Fickle ain’t leaving the Midwest
Definitely...I just don't think they can easily recover. Look at what happened to UF, FSU, Miami, Texas, USC...they're still recovering and are in more talent rich states. I just don't see OU being as consistently top tier with 11-12+ wins after this coaching shift and moving to the SEC.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Definitely...I just don't think they can easily recover. Look at what happened to UF, FSU, Miami, Texas, USC...they're still recovering and are in more talent rich states. I just don't see OU being as consistently top tier with 11-12+ wins after this coaching shift and moving to the SEC.

Brent ain’t exactly a slouch, but time will tell, it ain’t like Oklahoma ain’t got the want to

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Brent ain’t exactly a slouch, but time will tell, it ain’t like Oklahoma ain’t got the want to
Ehhh....I'm not sold on him. It's not like Texas doesn't have the want + much more resources. Not like UF doesn't have the want + 2 more recent titles. OU is a stronger program historically than Miami, UT, UF, FSU, etc. but Nebraska has proven history only carries you so far. Again, I don't see them falling to Nebraska level lows, but I just don't see them being what they've been the last 20 years.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
:childplease: Based on nothing he did or produced at Clemson, he def doesn’t deserve the benefit of doubt, to right the ship after getting the most important piece in football the qb taken away due to transfer
Caleb wasn’t his quarterback. He had an entire offseason to find a quarterback. Thats not on him for not being able to evaluate/develop talent?

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Caleb wasn’t his quarterback. He had an entire offseason to find a quarterback. Thats not on him for not being able to evaluate/develop talent?

Your qb leaving, hurts, i get he was never going to get him the minute lincoln left, but…. He had to get there get the staff together put a list together wait for dead period to be over, and still you can wiff, nikkas see Ohio st and y’all and think you can just hit on a qb just because you evaluate, and think they a fit, do you understand how incredibly lucky y’all were to go palmar Matt mark eventually sam (yes luck because all the analysis in the world don’t mean you don’t catch a brick)

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Ehhh....I'm not sold on him. It's not like Texas doesn't have the want + much more resources. Not like UF doesn't have the want + 2 more recent titles. OU is a stronger program historically than Miami, UT, UF, FSU, etc. but Nebraska has proven history only carries you so far. Again, I don't see them falling to Nebraska level lows, but I just don't see them being what they've been the last 20 years.

Nebraska ran a really specific offense and got by on early qualifiers

Some how Bo figured out a way to get kids to the middle of no where, and win with them,

Oklahoma ain’t a hard sell, they’ve been in the playoffs so you know it’s pedigree

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Your qb leaving, hurts, i get he was never going to get him the minute lincoln left, but…. He had to get there get the staff together put a list together wait for dead period to be over, and still you can wiff, nikkas see Ohio st and y’all and think you can just hit on a qb just because you evaluate, and think they a fit, do you understand how incredibly lucky y’all were to go palmar Matt mark eventually sam (yes luck because all the analysis in the world don’t mean you don’t catch a brick)
Recruiting good quarterbacks has nothing to do with luck though.

And im not even comparing him to USC but it’s supposed to be Oklahoma and yet they got completely outshined by schools with other coaches in the exact same situation at:

TCU
LSU (With a much harder schedule)
Washington
Mike Elko at fn Duke

Dude can go to Fucckin Duke and win 9 games his first season but Venables could barely win 6 at Oklahoma. If that doesn’t tell you anything about coaching then……aight

Matter of fact, Why am I debating this when you said Croom was a better coach than Mullen :martin:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Recruiting good quarterbacks has nothing to do with luck though.

And im not even comparing him to USC but it’s supposed to be Oklahoma and yet they got completely outshined by schools with other coaches in the exact same situation at:

TCU
LSU (With a much harder schedule)
Washington
Mike Elko at fn Duke

Dude can go to Fucckin Duke and win 9 games his first season but Venables could barely win 6 at Oklahoma. If that doesn’t tell you anything about coaching then……aight

Matter of fact, Why am I debating this when you said Croom was a better coach than Mullen :martin:

The big 12 is a bit harder to navigate than the acc

Yes it’s luck, you know how many top 5 qbs flame out, transfer or are ok at best, how many “can’t miss nikkas”

Again we’ve seen what he’s done when he has guys, i say give him the benefit of doubt, because if he come out on nikkas neck then what ? Or if he improves then by year three they are in the playoffs did he not do what he had to ?

I’m not calling any coach ass off one year, i say wait