The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
why / how did you make up the $1000 amount out of nowhere and decide that is worthy?
I didn't decide anything was worthy....

But if ppl are going come to you with an offer, it better be at least a grand.

I can see the way you styled that response we wouldn't agree on any point.

I don't know how I feel or, truth be told, can ever comprehend "perpetual likeness". it's not a problem I have to deal with. I got enough real problems on my plate.

But as far as a hypothetical discussion, I made my point and that's as far as I'm willing to go with it. I brought it to the thread's attention in order to hear what you all have to say. I've said my piece but I know ow how enterprise work, I don't see a way that a five plus figure model works for them. I have no doubt that they can afford it. They always could afford it, even before they canceled the game the last time. But, they have made it clear, they arent even interested in entertaining the conversation.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
why / how did you make up the $1000 amount out of nowhere and decide that is worthy?
They’re gonna make themselves the most unlikable “union” in recent sports memory. They have zero bargaining position here. Random # this shyt and let vikesfan009 and the rest of the Op Sports crew do their thing. I’d rather pay them than have the game held hostage by some fukkin college kids.

Edit: take the $$ kids and keep it moving. Be glad you’re getting something considering the sheer number of players on rosters
Football (49.9%) and men's basketball (17%) dominated total NIL compensation by sport

Last edited:

daemonova

Daps
They’re gonna make themselves the most unlikable “union” in recent sports memory. They have zero bargaining position here. Random # this shyt and let vikesfan009 and the rest of the Op Sports crew do their thing. I’d rather pay them than have the game held hostage by some fukkin college kids
Me and you seem to be on the same wavelength.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I didn't decide anything was worthy....

But if ppl are going come to you with an offer, it better be at least a grand.

I can see the way you styled that response we wouldn't agree on any point.

I don't know how I feel or, truth be told, can ever comprehend "perpetual likeness". it's not a problem I have to deal with. I got enough real problems on my plate.

But as far as a hypothetical discussion, I made my point and that's as far as I'm willing to go with it. I brought it to the thread's attention in order to hear what you all have to say. I've said my piece but I know ow how enterprise work, I don't see a way that a five plus figure model works for them. I have no doubt that they can afford it. They always could afford it, even before they canceled the game the last time. But, they have made it clear, they arent even interested in entertaining the conversation.
Well, I work in finance. If there is a value assigned to anything especially compensation it should be based on something tangible. A portion of the budget, a percentage of sales or revenue, etc. Sports contracts are based on a % sports related of revenue.

So, the players' NIL money could be actually worth $50, or worth $500,000 each. I was hoping "should be at least $1,000" was based on some metric.

Personally, I'd structure the NIL value at at 20% of the game's budget. Engineering + Marketing + Player likeness + Licensing + modeling/mocap; I view the likeness at 20% of the worthiness of the game.

With the budget of a typical AAA game being $60mm, and there are 13,545 FBS players to account for, that equals $885 per player. They could in theory give more to cover or advertised players but its where I would start.

not saying that is justified, and maybe it should be more than 20%, but thats where I would start personally. 20% of the budget :hubie:

daemonova

Daps
Well, I work in finance. If there is a value assigned to anything especially compensation it should be based on something tangible. A portion of the budget, a percentage of sales or revenue, etc. Sports contracts are based on a % sports related of revenue.

So, the players' NLI money could be actually worth $50, or worth $500,000 each. I was hoping "should be at least $1,000" was based on some metric.

Personally, I'd structure the NLI value at at 20% of the game's budget. Engineering + Marketing + Player likeness + Licensing + modeling/mocap; I view the likeness at 20% of the worthiness of the game.

With the budget of a typical AAA game being $60mm, and there are 13,545 FBS players to account for, that equals $885 per player

not saying that is justified, and maybe it should be more than 20%, but thats where I would start personally. 20% of the budget :hubie:
I'm thinking about a livable wage and money you can do something tangible with,that's where I got my number from

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I think Harbaugh gonna do his damndest to get back to the NFL after this season over with...

He has an itch, i think if he can get that playoff win and or a nc then yeah he finally leaves, but i think the nfl will have to flat out tell him no, given his resume he’s always going to be in the mix, the issue is they all want some young ass mcvay or Shannonhan (however you spell it) but i hard nosed run game with some plays built off that would actually do numbers honestly with lighter personnel

I understand the kids want more but it’s only so much you can milk this, and someone has to explain the reality to them, or they could do a take 500 or take we will produce X amount of copies with your team or you on them buy them whole sale and sale them at whatever cost and keep whatever off them that way you can make whatever if you think you got enough juice ( I’m sure if you are popular enough a booster may drop a check, but everyone not getting that period)
St. Louis would be a good location if they had a state of the art stadium.

Ain’t nothing in the Lou except crime, chingy, Nelly/the lunatics, and @MustafaSTL lawfirm or Dewy, Cheatum, and Howe

Alternate between indy or La or move that bytch to La
They’re gonna make themselves the most unlikable “union” in recent sports memory. They have zero bargaining position here. Random # this shyt and let vikesfan009 and the rest of the Op Sports crew do their thing. I’d rather pay them than have the game held hostage by some fukkin college kids.

Edit: take the $$ kids and keep it moving. Be glad you’re getting something considering the sheer number of players on rosters
Exactly overplaying their hands