The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Read an interesting Athletic article that had some suggestive undertones that Penix was actually preventing the Washington offense from maximizing it's potential just a smidge. Can't say I agree obv but they did show some game tape/film on some questionable habits he exudes in certain moments that could get spooky against scum's d. & MHJ said they were throwing coverages at him he never seen before even tho he still cracc'd em for a 100+. UW's. OC will def need to be in his bag :ehh:
They throw those coverages at Odunze and McMillan put his name back in first round by midnight.. People sleep like he didnt lead team in receptions last year.. 2nd half of season on their 6 game win streak he also led in yards and TDs.. people keep mentioning OSU but this is more Chase/jefferson/Burrow type situation.. And thats not even including Polk who has 1k this season while McMillan was hurt. Hell Bernard has made many plays in big games this year also..

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
chase/Jefferson/Marshall/burrow
Odunze/McMillan/Polk/Bernard/Penix is up there.. That LSU crew was fun to watch even with CEH, also Washington projected starting back was injured in fall practice with acl, who knows how they look if cam davis was able to go this year

what offensive metric backs this up because none that I have seen have placed their offense at that level.
What I mean is talent level, having the ability to have 2 but even 3 WR who have all had 1k+ in their college career and them not lean soo hard on one guy, In Oklahoma semis Jefferson COOOOOKED, in championship game Chase did work.. A defense can chose its battles and take away a wr, brackets, double coverage, high low, like mich did Marvin jr. but that becomes VERY difficult if you have another WR who has shown the ability to do just as much damage. Like I mentioned McMillan actually led the team in rec. and Tds last season while also having only 50 yards less than Odunze as they both broke 1k.

Mcmillan missed half the season this year and Wash offense struggled a lil bit without him relative to what they have shown, Polk stepped up tho but when all three on field it is HELL for defense because they are unselfish and the ball is distributed to best option. Thats all I meant. I would imagine lsu ran more plays based on tempo. But just like the lsu team it was combination of WR talent, QB playing at high level distributing the ball and not being greedy, UW has GREAT oline play, GREAT fun scheme, aggressive great coaching, etc. It reminds of the great offenses, but GREAT defense has shown to neutralize also, one of my favorite cfb offense ever (oklahoma 2008) got shut down by UF in OB down their RB Demarco Murray. Mich D is NASTY with GREAT scheme

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

vino

Superstar
Daps

vino

Superstar
Daps
Odunze is scary,and washington receiving core might be the best in cfb. I hope Michigan defensive can pressure Penmix all game and disrupt.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Hated this hoe…..Says a lot about how good he was then…

fukk Stanford though. Buried you nikkas :ahh:
He used to fukk usc up. Remember those late night up watching like damn this white boy destroying :samDucktales: .

Go washington negs @DropTopDoc for the homie silkk