The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
I don’t understand how they haven’t accelerated development on that on/near campus stadium…no one deserves to win with that. One of the 5 longest treks between campus and stadium.

45k on campus stadium with great acoustics would be better than 65k Hard Rock
I know MANY around country dont get it because when they think of big time football they have 65k OSU or 55k texas or 60k at UF or whatever other program that is a power which is a huge public state school with public tax dollar funding on HUGE college campuses in small towns with the school being the identity of town and built in culture, infrastructure/resources, dna, no other competing sports team, etc.

UM is complete opposite of that, lol.. Its a small private school tucked in one of the richest zip codes in america, median price is probably close to 1 milli in a huge city with an NFL team, NBA championship winning team, Marlins have fukked around and won the pennant a couple times in life time.. Enrollment is under 9k ( down here, Nova southeastern probably doubles it, famu produces same amount and they are probably more local famu alum, Barry University is probably also on par with it) You have wayyy higher chance of an fsu/uf alum being a cane fan in miami because the school is like $70k annually but they grew up Miami fans.

I think they had plans to build a stadium like 100 years ago but a major hurricane delayed/scrapped those plans, if they didnt get it built back then its just not gonna happen in the city of coral gables now with how that city is run for a private university. There is barely any space on campus and even the new training facility they got approved had to be built goin up like 5-6 levels because of limited space. Even a 45k stadium is not gonna be filled by your 9k undergrads because half of them are foreign or kids that come from northeast and soon as they graduate they go home. You have to cater to regular fans who just look at it as their second nfl sports team, most of those fans stay in broward, naples, west palm, etc. I know a ton of season ticket holders that love the location being right on the Miami-dade/broward county line, with highway access, from north, west coast, etc. Who is gonna build a billion dollar stadium for use 6-7 times a year?

The stadium is not the problem, its the admin not realizing the game changed in '00s and they couldnt be cheap anymore and hope top talent would stay home.. CFB became BIG BUSINESS and the word was out on the talent, Miami literally stormed cfb as a small ass school and not only raped the darlings but embarrassed them with dudes from the hood. ALOT of fans of those teams didnt like that we did that and won championships while doing it, I know many root for those team but there is ALOT of :mjpls:that grew out of that also.. Admin literally hired coaches off of fired staffs because they didnt want to pay for real coaches. Coming off early 00s success they won 5 championship and played for like 12 in 20 years..

The ONLY project that would have made sense was the inter miami soccer stadium which is owned and being built by Miami Alums Mas Brothers but they wanted to only build a 25k stadium and by time its built, Messi mania probably be over so I dont think they have incentive to build it larger. So it wouldnt be a good fit in near future but location being by Airport which is a straight shot on lejuene road from UM like 10 min.

I can talk about the demographics being dam near 70% latin american/hispanic, people spending their entertainment dollars elsewhere (I do it and love to back 2 back UM/dolphins games when they play at home same weekend but I am sacrificing some of Miami BEST weather weekends to do that, I could be in Bimini CHILLING) ,, spending 4 hours at stadium and cfb attendance being down across the board and even the top teams like saban led bama complaining about attendance but I already wrote too much, lmaoo..

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
It would make sense with the rest of that city that the students are just commuters that show up occasionally lol

I still think it’s gonna be a huge disadvantage for the rest of time. They’ve literally only had one season with any significant fan presence in my conscious lifetime. And 2017 led to nothing
Ok now it makes sense, you must be reallly young and dont really get how much rules changed because of impact from back then.. I already typed up too much but I can go deeper if you want.. Have you been to Miami before?

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Almost every dude you listed is worse than that kid right now

And he’d be WR2 here :mj:
U dont know that. And he's a wr. A 17 yr old 150lb wr. Your qb is still azz. Yall would still lose 4-6 games and get a Joel Osteen Bowl invite:camby:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I know MANY around country dont get it because when they think of big time football they have 65k OSU or 55k texas or 60k at UF or whatever other program that is a power which is a huge public state school with public tax dollar funding on HUGE college campuses in small towns with the school being the identity of town and built in culture, infrastructure/resources, dna, no other competing sports team, etc.

UM is complete opposite of that, lol.. Its a small private school tucked in one of the richest zip codes in america, median price is probably close to 1 milli in a huge city with an NFL team, NBA championship winning team, Marlins have fukked around and won the pennant a couple times in life time.. Enrollment is under 9k ( down here, Nova southeastern probably doubles it, famu produces same amount and they are probably more local famu alum, Barry University is probably also on par with it) You have wayyy higher chance of an fsu/uf alum being a cane fan in miami because the school is like $70k annually but they grew up Miami fans.

I think they had plans to build a stadium like 100 years ago but a major hurricane delayed/scrapped those plans, if they didnt get it built back then its just not gonna happen in the city of coral gables now with how that city is run for a private university. There is barely any space on campus and even the new training facility they got approved had to be built goin up like 5-6 levels because of limited space. Even a 45k stadium is not gonna be filled by your 9k undergrads because half of them are foreign or kids that come from northeast and soon as they graduate they go home. You have to cater to regular fans who just look at it as their second nfl sports team, most of those fans stay in broward, naples, west palm, etc. I know a ton of season ticket holders that love the location being right on the Miami-dade/broward county line, with highway access, from north, west coast, etc. Who is gonna build a billion dollar stadium for use 6-7 times a year?

The stadium is not the problem, its the admin not realizing the game changed in '00s and they couldnt be cheap anymore and hope top talent would stay home.. CFB became BIG BUSINESS and the word was out on the talent, Miami literally stormed cfb as a small ass school and not only raped the darlings but embarrassed them with dudes from the hood. ALOT of fans of those teams didnt like that we did that and won championships while doing it, I know many root for those team but there is ALOT of :mjpls:that grew out of that also.. Admin literally hired coaches off of fired staffs because they didnt want to pay for real coaches. Coming off early 00s success they won 5 championship and played for like 12 in 20 years..

The ONLY project that would have made sense was the inter miami soccer stadium which is owned and being built by Miami Alums Mas Brothers but they wanted to only build a 25k stadium and by time its built, Messi mania probably be over so I dont think they have incentive to build it larger. So it wouldnt be a good fit in near future but location being by Airport which is a straight shot on lejuene road from UM like 10 min.

I can talk about the demographics being dam near 70% latin american/hispanic, people spending their entertainment dollars elsewhere (I do it and love to back 2 back UM/dolphins games when they play at home same weekend but I am sacrificing some of Miami BEST weather weekends to do that, I could be in Bimini CHILLING) ,, spending 4 hours at stadium and cfb attendance being down across the board and even the top teams like saban led bama complaining about attendance but I already wrote too much, lmaoo..
ahhhhhh Bimini.. I need to go back.