The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
There's a lot of assed out bowl games

7 games on today and Utah vs northwestern might be the only worthwhile one (save for Thee EMU), Anyone really watching Arkansas State play northern Illinois today?
Even as a diehard I have ZERO desire to watch these shyts.

12 team playoff will at least fix that issue

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

7 games on today and Utah vs northwestern might be the only worthwhile one (save for Thee EMU), Anyone really watching Arkansas State play northern Illinois today?

Some of it is matchups. I think if their were better matchups this yr, niccas wouldn't be as salty or 'overwhelmed'. And then all of the skips and sit outs. I mean, Oregon vs Liberty?

S. Ala vs EMU
Minnesota vs Bowling Green
Auburn vs Maryland wit no Baby Tua
Boise St vs UCLA
Iowa vs Tenn
LSU vs Maryland wit no Daniels + more skipping

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
What they need to do is make the teams who play each other in the bowl game also have to play each other on opening week. That will add a revenge factor to the game

That’s just impossible. There is no way to make those schedules work.

You would need to remove the actual schools from scheduling completely. Not just dates would change but your opponents would change too. Then you have instances where your bowl opponent is already on your schedule next season, so would you play them twice?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Even as a diehard I have ZERO desire to watch these shyts.

12 team playoff will at least fix that issue
I don’t think every bowl game is for all fans was my original point

y’all are going to be severely disappointed in the 12 team playoff

Daps
Reppin
Chi

Its not a cure, but...

At least w/ playoffs you won't have players opting out. The match ups that would've been this year like OSU vs mizzou, uga vs fsu would be HUGE games, but now don't even matter.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Highly doubt it. I barely watch nfl regular season but always watch the playoffs.

Nothing better than a one game winner take all in sports. Its why everybody loves Game 7s.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Highly doubt it. I barely watch nfl regular season but always watch the playoffs.

Nothing better than a one game winner take all in sports. Its why everybody loves Game 7s.
College football is not the nfl.

College football playoffs will not feel like other sports playoffs the same way the college football regular season feels different from all the others

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Its not a cure, but...

At least w/ playoffs you won't have players opting out. The match ups that would've been this year like OSU vs mizzou, uga vs fsu would be HUGE games, but now don't even matter.
This comes at the cost of the regular season. It’s going to make sense to sit players for top teams during rivalry games at the end of the year