The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Is Tennessee leapfrogging OSU to #2 purely a marketing ploy to set up a #1 vs #2?

I can't stand OSU but they beat a higher seeded team on the road, yet somehow they drop a place to Tenn. They get so blatant with the SEC bias. Watch them still have the loser of Georgia/Tenn ranked over a 9-0 Michigan, Clemson, TCU, etc:unimpressed:
They've done this before with Ohio State/Michigan in 06. I remember it cause both teams played nobody but each other all year then got smashed in their bowl games.

They do it for the ratings, but it will work out since the loser would fall back down to where they belong and the winner is clearly the #1 team in the country based on resume.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Really don't understand why people keep bringing up Kiffins name for Auburn. He has it made at Ole Miss right now and has Ole Miss as a better program rn. Ole Miss can match his pay. He'd be a damn fool to leave Ole Miss for Auburn.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
They've done this before with Ohio State/Michigan in 06. I remember it cause both teams played nobody but each other all year then got smashed in their bowl games.

They do it for the ratings, but it will work out since the loser would fall back down to where they belong and the winner is clearly the #1 team in the country based on resume.

OSU beat Texas in Austin that year iirc but mostly the rankings are just for hype and the SEC powers end up showing who’s truly #1

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Really don't understand why people keep bringing up Kiffins name for Auburn. He has it made at Ole Miss right now and has Ole Miss as a better program rn. Ole Miss can match his pay. He'd be a damn fool to leave Ole Miss for Auburn.

Still Auburn at the end of the day, even if in name only. More players at Auburn on Top 50 NIL lists than Ole Miss.