The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Corny muafukka could have at least watched some bill burr fo he went out there.
Not a single one of those disses hit. Even most he crowd was hitting him with a pause, how you over a pep rally and got it sounding like a side bytch walking in a funeral.
Them folks were dancing around, to get they ass beat

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
average starters who could get you 18-25 passing tds and move the ball

this was back in may, receivers couldn't get seperation and qb play was ass

and

freeman still did nothing

The Irish contacted just one of the quarterbacks in the portal, Kedon Slovis. Alabama transfer quarterback (and Paul Bryant’s great-grandson) Paul Tyson considered Notre Dame, but nothing that says he and the Irish had contact.

Even if Notre Dame signed either Slovis or Tyson, those are not names that exactly set the world on fire. Both quarterbacks would add depth, not win a national title.

There were young, potentially transformational quarterbacks in the portal. Notre Dame did not go after Caleb Williams, Jaxson Dart, Cameron Ward, or Spencer Rattler.

Last season, the Irish did go to the portal, signing Wisconsin transfer Jack Coan. His limitations were evident, however, in the Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma State when the Irish could not run the football, though solid most of the season.
Jumping in the portal isn’t always a move, plus as notre dame, everyone is not trying to go there, nor can they transfer, most transfer out usually, after getting the degree, i think they thought they had a guy and lo and behold he may not be
freeman dug his own hole
no run game and all they have is a tight end

I won't even be shocked if cal beats em this week

that game at usc may be the end when riley puts like 60 on his azz
Saying freeman dug his own home is crazy

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Jumping in the portal isn’t always a move, plus as notre dame, everyone is not trying to go there, nor can they transfer, most transfer out usually, after getting the degree, i think they thought they had a guy and lo and behold he may not be

They didn't even attempt breh, last year they got jack coan who was serviceable at least

If you are a brand new coach and quarterbacks struggling in spring ball, receivers can't get separation. You do nothing? Their starting qb was a guy with no experience and their backup who is now the starter is a scrub 3rd year junior. Their rb has no speed and the oline is a joke.

I know freeman is a defensive guy but he blew this

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
They didn't even attempt breh, last year they got jack coan who was serviceable at least

If you are a brand new coach and quarterbacks struggling in spring ball, receivers can't get separation. You do nothing? Their starting qb was a guy with no experience and their backup who is now the starter is a scrub 3rd year junior. Their rb has no speed and the oline is a joke.

I know freeman is a defensive guy but he blew this

I’ll push back and say at the time, he may have thought he was good, or at the very least thought he could stave off one year before his talent came in, you all are also assuming that they didn’t try to bring any talent in and it just didn’t materialize. It’s easy to qb after the fact but clearly he thought he had something

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I mean who else is it on? Dude took over a legit top 5-7 program when he took it over. :ld:

Only programs that were better than ND during BK's tenure are Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma is arguable

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
After watching the game... ND's TE was the only weapon they had that was doing anything. The qb held them back to much. Brian Kelly would have never stuck with Buchner that long, or even started him in the first place. He would have won this game cause Freeman would be dc and 100% locked in on that side of the ball, and he would have pulled a transfer qb like Jayden Daniels in (Jayden aint the greatest, but he's good at something. At least he's not straight vanilla butt cheeks like the guys they have now.)

I believe Freeman is going to be alright though. They just need to be patient like they were with all those white coaches.
:skip:That tweet. In 2016 Kelly went 4-8 with losses to a 3-9 MSU team, a 5-7 Texas team, a 4-8 Duke team. Ok the quality loss to a 9-5 Navy team I’ll give you but there were a lot of bad losses in Kelly’s time at Notre Dame. Oh and he killed a kid.

ND fans need to give freeman a chance. New college coaches usually have bad 1st years unless the cupboard is loaded. If the media wasn’t trying to get the ratings up against Ohio State you would’ve been ranked 20-UR.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
11308652.jpeg

Menna

All Star
Daps
I mean who else is it on? Dude took over a legit top 5-7 program when he took it over. :ld:

Only programs that were better than ND during BK's tenure are Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma is arguable
It was VERY telling when they lost the Fiesta Bowl after being up 28-7 with half the game left...That and the program being abandoned during the playoffs hurts these kids...Just cause your 65 250 doesnt make you a man mentally. Some of these kids had their first heart break at 18-20 years old its mental cause its not talent they lost to Marshal...

The ND RB has speed Tyree but he isnt being played...Also in the first half they ran the ND QB on back to back plays I txted my dad and said they are going to get him hurt...and now he out for season...If you have to run your QB two times in a row in the first half against Marshal after already running him a bunch just go home...

Buckner wasnt great but he was Soph... Payne is worse...ND goes 7-5 at BEST... Unfortunitly ND let the players make the quick decision and they elected Freeman he isnt the right man for the job not at this stage...He is a good defensive guy and maybe head coach in his 40's a bunch of years from now...

Notre Dame Dug themselves in this hole they elected Freeman and didnt wait to get the right guy...They are fukked now recruits will drop off it will get worse before it gets better...

Its mental these kids were hurt by BK leaving them so suddenly....These Notre Dame kids are the type to ge catfished and think fake things are real... Everyone on the field is a Kelly recruit you think all of them want to be there now??? and really believe in what happned.

Last edited: