The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Out of our best players during that era I'm not sure any were offered/recruited by yall besides Malik McDowell, and Will Gholston.

Cousins
Darquez Denard
Bell
Jeremy Langford
Bennie Fowler
Tony Lippett
Max Bollough (you know damn well no Bolloughs are going to UM-AA)
Denicos Allen
Isiah Lewis
Keyshawn Martin
BJ Cunningham

Y'all classes were still better and didn't Hoke have a top 5 class? The issue was never talent it was coaching and not being able to beat MSU & OSU. What game changers did we get over y'all? Not saying you're wrong just need a refresher. Maybe Larry Caper and Rock Baker at RB? Mark Dell?

MSU obviously benefited from y'all being down, as did OSU...beating yall for that stretch turned OSU into a national program rather than midwestern based. No different than y'all locking up all the local talent after Saban left until 2008ish while MSU was awful

Going back to Ed's point, MSU was good b/c Dantonio was an elite defensive coach, not due to outrecruiting anyone on a consistent basis.

Barney Rubble was ass as a coach and should be an Oline coach at best, Dan overachieved like a mf and he had a staff that was a hive mind of defense, doing the little things, and working your ass off. Your qb and run games just meshed well, but you can only hit on finding diamonds so many times it’s not a good model (see VaTech)

I can’t name exact kids because I’m not one to follow recruiting, because it’s so relative, i just remember a few guys from king and cass choosing msu over Michigan and that was big

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

Well I’ll be damned :leon: Iowa is going to be tough

Got a light schedule too

Psu and msu being their toughest opponent, and no telling what Wisconsin is

Ol Perk Finna have a run probably :russ:

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Keon Sabb posted on All’s IG. Said ‘can’t wait to strap you’

:dame:

I’m sure we know what he meant.. but wording young fella. Wording.
We don’t play them next year they have a light schedule, it’s probably going to be an iowa big west domination year, if they can win or split the msu/psu games those are their toughest draws maybe Wisconsin is back under Luke, coin flip at Illinois

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

@smitty22 this kid and his teammate are the best players in the state as juniors. I need Hartline out of Columbus asap

Breh if we can keep him. Yall Florida players the last few years will commit then end up signing with one of the Florida schools :martinBuck: