The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
It’s still GoGamecocks but no matter the facilities, money, school whatever for some reason I just don’t think the last two HCs we’ve had want to be here. I really hope this Loggains guy does a FANTASTIC job!
I just don’t think you can win in the SEC with field goals and defensive field position in this league unless you’re Georgia who just has all the Dawgs!

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
It’s still GoGamecocks but no matter the facilities, money, school whatever for some reason I just don’t think the last two HCs we’ve had want to be here. I really hope this Loggains guy does a FANTASTIC job!
I just don’t think you can win in the SEC with field goals and defensive field position in this league unless you’re Georgia who just has all the Dawgs!
If I’m Shane I’m poaching some one off coastal offensive staff, and trying my luck at that triple spread

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
If I’m Shane I’m poaching some one off coastal offensive staff, and trying my luck at that triple spread
He just hired Dowell Loggians, dude was Arkansas TE coach. He was in the NFL for sometime. At one point voted worse OC in the NFL when he was with your Bears I think or it was with the Phins. I trust Beamer in this shyt, but yes we beat ClemTech and TennisSee but we also lost to Floorduh and Misery two awful schools that killed us. We weren’t close in the Georgia game. So I’m happy but I know we weren’t what we should have been.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
That brings me to a group question.

What would yall like the most…a coach that:

• Can recruit but can’t coach (both sides of the ball)
  • Can coach but can’t recruit (both sides of the ball)
  • Is an elite coach and recruiter on offense but can’t coach or recruit on defense
  • Is an elite coach and recruiter on defense but cant coach or recruit on offense
  • Is “solid” on all sides of the ball, coaching and recruiting, but is awful at clock management and plays down to competition often
I have examples of each :mjgrin:
I'll take elite coach O & D but can't recruit. I'm fine w/ diamonds in the rough w/ chips on their shoulders as long as the team is winning 10+ games, competing for playoffs. Who the fukk cares about having stud recruits and being A&M? Win sustainable for years and the big name recruits will start to filter in.

I.E. Dantonio 2010-2015 (he still recruited well but not at any top 10 clip). Spare me the "that's bc scUM was down" rhetoric b/c y'all had higher ranked classes every single year, and outside of a handful of MI kids, we didn't recruit the same players. Dantoio went 3-2 against OSU in that span and had 3 back to back to back top 5 finishes

What Harbaugh has done lately...there's a list of studs that were 3* players that Harbaugh has coached up the last 2 seasons which have been his best years

First 4-5 years of Tressel (he wasn't bringing in top 5-10 classes until ~2008 or so IIRC)

Sabans first title at Bama

While not elite coaching, LSU has been known to win big with 3* Lousiana kids

Last edited:

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Cristobal is what you want as a HC. Elite recruiter and focused on the trenches. He just needs to hire a tempo/spread OC and give him complete freedom.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Cristobal is what you want as a HC. Elite recruiter and focused on the trenches. He just needs to hire a tempo/spread OC and give him complete freedom.
Outside of a 12-2 season at Oregon he hasn't really won shyt....at the end of the day it's about winning games

I'll take what Harbaugh has done the last two years over anything Crisobal has done with his elite recruiting

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

He just hired Dowell Loggians, dude was Arkansas TE coach. He was in the NFL for sometime. At one point voted worse OC in the NFL when he was with your Bears I think or it was with the Phins. I trust Beamer in this shyt, but yes we beat ClemTech and TennisSee but we also lost to Floorduh and Misery two awful schools that killed us. We weren’t close in the Georgia game. So I’m happy but I know we weren’t what we should have been.
Loggains ain’t it. Maybe he learned some things at Arkansas but he ain’t nothing special

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Outside of a 12-2 season at Oregon he hasn't really won shyt....at the end of the day it's about winning games

I'll take what Harbaugh has done the last two years over anything Crisobal has done with his elite recruiting
Yea he just keeps getting in his own way really though. He'll figure it out or go back to being a OL coach here soon.

I wasn't comparing Cristobal to any coach or saying he is the best coach. But from a template standpoint(elite recruiter and OL builder) is what I would lean towards. And Michigan recruited just as well if not better than Oregon and they haven't done shyt the past 2 years lol.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I'll take elite coach O & D but can't recruit. I'm fine w/ diamonds in the rough w/ chips on their shoulders as long as the team is winning 10+ games, competing for playoffs. Who the fukk cares about having stud recruits and being A&M? Win sustainable for years and the big name recruits will start to filter in.

I.E. Dantonio 2010-2015 (he still recruited well but not at any top 10 clip). Spare me the "that's bc scUM was down" rhetoric b/c y'all had higher ranked classes every single year, and outside of a handful of MI kids, we didn't recruit the same players. Dantoio went 3-2 against OSU in that span and had 3 back to back to back top 5 finishes

What Harbaugh has done lately...there's a list of studs that were 3* players that Harbaugh has coached up the last 2 seasons which have been his best years

First 4-5 years of Tressel (he wasn't bringing in top 5-10 classes until ~2008 or so IIRC)

Sabans first title at Bama

While not elite coaching, LSU has been known to win big with 3* Lousiana kids
You all were getting the Michigan kids that were in Michigans blueprint, and the good to great Ohio kids osu ain’t want, so let’s not do that, true a lot of those kids were built up into studs, but let’s not paint a half picture, we were down that helped a lot, and osu was transitioning into nationwide recruiting,

Sabans first title in Bama was pure talent his first year there the institutional alignment came together like voltron to get him the best class in the nation if not number 2

He did the same thing at lsu, and for some of them 3 stars they got lots of 4-5 stars too
He hires good coordinators, he just has to get tf out the way

Oregon has been in contention for or won the pac 12 chip the past few years winning your conference is big everyone can’t win a chip, that’s something to be happy about

Cristobal has to stop stepping on his own feet
Yea he just keeps getting in his own way really though. He'll figure it out or go back to being a OL coach here soon.

I wasn't comparing Cristobal to any coach or saying he is the best coach. But from a template standpoint(elite recruiter and OL builder) is what I would lean towards. And Michigan recruited just as well if not better than Oregon and they haven't done shyt the past 2 years lol.
Some what comparable, but again the boogie man at the end of our hallway is one of cfb elite, and our biggest rival, we got enough talent to get to the offs but it take another level for us to get a chip

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
That brings me to a group question.

What would yall like the most…a coach that:

• Can recruit but can’t coach (both sides of the ball)
  • Can coach but can’t recruit (both sides of the ball)
  • Is an elite coach and recruiter on offense but can’t coach or recruit on defense
  • Is an elite coach and recruiter on defense but cant coach or recruit on offense
  • Is “solid” on all sides of the ball, coaching and recruiting, but is awful at clock management and plays down to competition often
I have examples of each :mjgrin:
Coach O

Daps
Reppin
Chi
You all were getting the Michigan kids that were in Michigans blueprint, and the good to great Ohio kids osu ain’t want, so let’s not do that, true a lot of those kids were built up into studs, but let’s not paint a half picture, we were down that helped a lot, and osu was transitioning into nationwide recruiting,

Sabans first title in Bama was pure talent his first year there the institutional alignment came together like voltron to get him the best class in the nation if not number 2

He did the same thing at lsu, and for some of them 3 stars they got lots of 4-5 stars too

He hires good coordinators, he just has to get tf out the way

Oregon has been in contention for or won the pac 12 chip the past few years winning your conference is big everyone can’t win a chip, that’s something to be happy about

Cristobal has to stop stepping on his own feet

Some what comparable, but again the boogie man at the end of our hallway is one of cfb elite, and our biggest rival, we got enough talent to get to the offs but it take another level for us to get a chip

Out of our best players during that era I'm not sure any were offered/recruited by yall besides Malik McDowell, and Will Gholston.

Cousins
Darquez Denard
Bell
Jeremy Langford
Bennie Fowler
Tony Lippett
Max Bollough (you know damn well no Bolloughs are going to UM-AA)
Denicos Allen
Isiah Lewis
Keyshawn Martin
BJ Cunningham

Y'all classes were still better and didn't Hoke have a top 5 class? The issue was never talent it was coaching and not being able to beat MSU & OSU. What game changers did we get over y'all? Not saying you're wrong just need a refresher. Maybe Larry Caper and Rock Baker at RB? Mark Dell?

MSU obviously benefited from y'all being down, as did OSU...beating yall for that stretch turned OSU into a national program rather than midwestern based. No different than y'all locking up all the local talent after Saban left until 2008ish while MSU was awful

Going back to Ed's point, MSU was good b/c Dantonio was an elite defensive coach, not due to outrecruiting anyone on a consistent basis.

Last edited: