The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
can't coach a lick but man he can recruit
That brings me to a group question.

What would yall like the most…a coach that:

• Can recruit but can’t coach (both sides of the ball)
  • Can coach but can’t recruit (both sides of the ball)
  • Is an elite coach and recruiter on offense but can’t coach or recruit on defense
  • Is an elite coach and recruiter on defense but cant coach or recruit on offense
  • Is “solid” on all sides of the ball, coaching and recruiting, but is awful at clock management and plays down to competition often
I have examples of each :mjgrin:

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat

• Is an elite coach and recruiter on offense but can’t coach or recruit on defense
  • Is “solid” on all sides of the ball, coaching and recruiting, but is awful at clock management and plays down to competition often
Elite offensive coach

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat
  • Is an elite coach and recruiter on defense but cant coach or recruit on offense
I’ll take this btw :hubie: you can pop on one offensive player as a homerun threat, or coach up a great OL….your defense will carry you far
I aint see the elite defense coach option cause if so I would of chose that

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl

• Can recruit but can’t coach (both sides of the ball)Zook
  • Can coach but can’t recruit (both sides of the ball)Mullen
  • Is an elite coach and recruiter on offense but can’t coach or recruit on defense Mcilwaine
  • Is an elite coach and recruiter on defense but cant coach or recruit on offense  Muschamp
  • Is “solid” on all sides of the ball, coaching and recruiting, but is awful at clock management and plays down to competition often No comment
I've had them all and I'm choosing elite defensive coordinator

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

I’ll take the recruiter, the off/def guy will eventually get figured out, and you have to worry will he try to adapt or be stubborn ( see les, Jimbo, Hugh, leach) but with the recruiter, you just have to hope they hit on coordinators, and you cycle them every 4 or so years ( due to poaching/promoting) with the right talent you can do some things with the right coaching

Mario’s biggest issue is not letting his coordinators coordinate, and being too conservative( ironically it’s a political joke there too, a conservative Cuban in Miami go figure)