The Official 2021 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
All that talk and "news" about extra draft picks and trading the pick was coming from everybody but the Pistons org but everybody just ran with it.

I find the rumors bull from the beginning anyways because Houston could have called their bluff about Cade if Green was who they actually wanted. It isn't/wasn't like they were going to jump above a team to get him. Just stand pat and not get hoodwinked like Philly did.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just looked at this fluff piece in Mobley granted I’m not a scout at all and have definitely missed on a few assessments namely jahlil okafor, Emmanuel muduay, Malik monk, and Andre Drummond. But when I look at Mobley I’m not seeing any type of wing mobility.

H
e strikes me as a new age big man in position less basketball. Is this fluff piece or is it true and if he has that kind of ability to play on the perimeter shouldn’t he be receiving more hype?
2021 NBA Draft: Potential No. 1 pick Evan Mobley a '7-foot wing' who could change how we think about big men

as a Cavs fan when I’m looking at him play I’m not sold on the prospect of paying Allen 20 + million a season. Is Sexton really the one we should be trying to move what happens if we just keep both? Or sign and trade Allen for a SF. It’s not like we are a free agent destination let’s be 100. Just keep them both.

Last edited:

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I just looked at this fluff piece in Mobley granted I’m not a scout at all and have definitely missed on a few assessments namely jahlil okafor, Emmanuel muduay, Malik monk, and Andre Drummond. But when I look at Mobley I’m not seeing any type of wing mobility.

H
e strikes me as a new age big man in position less basketball. Is this fluff piece or is it true and if he has that kind of ability to play on the perimeter shouldn’t he be receiving more hype?
2021 NBA Draft: Potential No. 1 pick Evan Mobley a '7-foot wing' who could change how we think about big men

as a Cavs fan when I’m looking at him play I’m not sold on the prospect of paying Allen 20 + million a season. Is Sexton really the one we should be trying to move what happens if we just keep both? Or sign and trade Allen for a SF.

He 100% can handle himself defensively on switches and make life hell on defense which is valuable as hell . On offense I don’t think he’s really a wing like that but more of a Bosh type modern big

I think it’s hilarious that ppl are taking Green over him . He can be far more impactful

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He 100% can handle himself defensively on switches and make life hell on defense which is valuable as hell . On offense I don’t think he’s really a wing like that but more of a Bosh type modern big

I think it’s hilarious that ppl are taking Green over him . He can be far more impactful

I mean if the rockets rockets want green I won’t knock them. But Mobley is not making it past us at 3. And now with the love retiring rumors it could be a better fit.

FukkaPaidEmail

Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I mean if the rockets rockets want green I won’t knock them. But Mobley is not making it past us at 3. And now with the love retiring rumors it could be a better fit.
He shouldn’t .

no way I’d pass on him because of Allen .If his perimeter game takes a jump they can play together anyway

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He shouldn’t .

no way I’d pass on him because of Allen .If his perimeter game takes a jump they can play together anyway

:russ: Oh no that’s all me. I’m just not sure if I want to pay Allen 20 million a year. But at the same time does it really matter. But I’m also not a fan of moving Sexton unless we upgrade at SG.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps

H

as a Cavs fan when I’m looking at him play I’m not sold on the prospect of paying Allen 20 + million a season. Is Sexton really the one we should be trying to move what happens if we just keep both? Or sign and trade Allen for a SF. It’s not like we are a free agent destination let’s be 100. Just keep them both.
I've watched a lot of Mobley as a Pistons fan paying attention to high lottery picks during this college season. KD is a 7 ft wing, and so far still really the only successful one. Mobley may have a few skills on the perimeter, but he's definitely not a wing. All these pieces during the draft over emphasising these guys strengths and weaknesses get nauseating after a while. They'll have you thinking any player is the next great such and such or has no business being drafted that high with all these glaring weaknesses.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Idk...in today's NBA there's way less impactful bigs than there is guards. It's possible for Mobley to be a great and impactful big, but I feel like the league values a Devin Booker over an AD, even though there may be people out there that feel that having an AD is more important.

FukkaPaidEmail

Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Idk...in today's NBA there's way less impactful bigs than there is guards. It's possible for Mobley to be a great and impactful big, but I feel like the league values a Devin Booker over an AD, even though there may be people out there that feel that having an AD is more important.
I think that’s recency bias …Two
Months ago nobody would begin to think that a Booker/Lavine type would be more valuable than AD

if they can playmake or defend at a high level that’s another thing ..but just a straight up one way two guard ? Nahh imo .

And the fact there is less impact two way bigs than guards makes those bigs have a higher value …they’re hard as hell to find so when you have one you have a big advantage over other teams

Last edited: