The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

Black coaches get treated different yet these media types hype every white boy who gives them access. shyt is blatant

He was sideline mackin to the powers to be on how he’d have an sec type program, before he was selected, no talent brought in, no offensive direction, no defensive dominance, and whooping boy of the pac 12 that is severely down, him hitting the kid, (which i think he was trying to back him up, and he made contact) was the excuse they needed, to clip him, and cut the buyout

I’m all for brother’s getting paid, be they competent or not, and I’d love him on the sidelines at A2 or nick Sabans school for wayward coaches and get another shot in a year or two, but the unfortunate part we don’t get retreads often, that’s my gripe about this

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
He was sideline mackin to the powers to be on how he’d have an sec type program, before he was selected, no talent brought in, no offensive direction, no defensive dominance, and whooping boy of the pac 12 that is severely down, him hitting the kid, (which i think he was trying to back him up, and he made contact) was the excuse they needed, to clip him, and cut the buyout
He’s only been HC for ONE recruiting class. Was instrumental in a lot of talent brought in when he was on Peterson’s staff but active involvement in recruiting lessens once you’re wearing the crown. Let’s also not pretend Peterson didn’t dip out at the first signs of a downward slide either. My contention is in the coverage. We always hear that Black coaches need opportunities but when they do, they rarely get to see their first recruiting classes graduate. Yet the Frost’s, Helton’s, Butch Jones, and countless others get the benefit of the doubt while someone like Strong and other Black coaches deal with $$ being withheld, budget cuts that mysteriously pop up when they get hired, lack of booster support, leaks to the media that don’t happen to these cacs unless they really piss someone off. The playing field ain’t even on it or off it.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
He’s only been HC for ONE recruiting class. Was instrumental in a lot of talent brought in when he was on Peterson’s staff but active involvement in recruiting lessens once you’re wearing the crown. Let’s also not pretend Peterson didn’t dip out at the first signs of a downward slide either. My contention is in the coverage. We always hear that Black coaches need opportunities but when they do, they rarely get to see their first recruiting classes graduate. Yet the Frost’s, Helton’s, Butch Jones, and countless others get the benefit of the doubt while someone like Strong and other Black coaches deal with $$ being withheld, budget cuts that mysteriously pop up when they get hired, lack of booster support, leaks to the media that don’t happen to these cacs unless they really piss someone off. The playing field ain’t even on it or off it.

Wellllll you know what time it is, and cats need more assurances when negotiating the contract, they gave time to strong, but as we can see it’s deeper than that, (i will add he’s beat Oklahoma) the rest they will cut you at the knees, for some reason i thought lake had more time there, but i don’t think it was a good fit there, he had too much to overcome, and being down in a down pac 12 does not help, how Mel turned it around doesn’t help, they are on a down swing because if we being honest town and student life wise, Seattle is a better destination than most of the pac north, and some pac southern spots

but we aren’t going to get a fair shake, and we need more discernment in job opportunities as well

KneeGrow.

Superstar
Daps
The Jimmy Lake thing is funny because they basically had guys taking demotions just to keep him around. Part of the reason Petersen stepped down was because Lake was being recruited to join other schools and they saw him as too good of an asset to lose.

All that and he's gone after a year and a half.

Last edited:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
and being down in a down pac 12 does not help, how Mel turned it around doesn’t help
How? Two separate conferences that don't necessarily go after the same crop of recruits. They not thinking "well that nikka in East Lansing turned it around, you should too"

they gave time to strong
3 years with the prevailing thought at that time was you at least let you get your first recruiting class. They asked to clean up the Mack Brown country club shyt. Boosters was questioning that hire in the opening before he even set foot in DKR to coach a game. They bytched and whined when he gave the team a Code of Conduct and kicked dudes off the squad for violating it. The folks who paid that buyout were salivating for a loss to KU moment to justify it. Same won't be afforded to Sark. Give him time will be the prevailing thought even tho he's doing a shyt job in recruiting so far AND loss to KU which we were told was an unforgivable sin. But who knows? :yeshrug:

They have their eyes on .....checks notes.... Justin Wilcox who has a 24-27 lifetime coaching record and is 13-24 in conference play. shyt ain't adding up. he's won as many in conference games as Lake got to coach in a COVID season + 2/3s of this one

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Just Win Baby

Sark keep it up and they'll get his ass out of Austin the same way.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Can someone explain to me why people think Mullen should be fired?

Also the Caleb Williams hype was absurd this year. I understand OU QBs looking good get hyped to the moon but that was ridiculous