The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
They should just shorten the regular season to 10 games and expand the playoffs. Keeps everyone happy

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
They should just shorten the regular season to 10 games and expand the playoffs. Keeps everyone happy
What do you mean by shorten the regular season?

I still don’t see what an expanded playoff accomplishes other than diminishing the regular season more

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
What do you mean by shorten the regular season?

I still don’t see what an expanded playoff accomplishes other than diminishing the regular season more
Yea just cut out all the cupcake games no one cares about

Regular season only being 10 games with no cupcakes will still make it important to win and the playoffs will be better with more teams.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Yea just cut out all the cupcake games no one cares about

Regular season only being 10 games with no cupcakes will still make it important to win and the playoffs will be better with more teams.

that cuts out rivalry games and games against schools your school will normally play if you go to 10 conference game reg season like this year.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Teams could just play 9 conf games. Or they can just cut the total down to 11 games to give you 10 conf and 1 OOC if you have a rival

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
the NFL reg season wasn’t diminished with an expanded playoff this year
Cause what the NFL did is make the regular season matter more. They didn’t just expand the playoffs they made having the best record more valuable

What we have now is teams needing to lose twice to be eliminated from the playoffs and OU, OSU, Clemson and Alabama are not going to lose twice in many seasons

I’m asking what does an expanded playoff do for college football?

College football was at its best when 1 loss ruined seasons