The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
Reppin
Chi

:shaq2::shaq2::shaq2:

The ole academic standards play...as if USC, ND and other traditional powers aren't taking whatever 5* player is willing to commit. If it's a non traditional power; say Northwestern, I'm willing to believe it but you can't tell me that some 5* top 10 player would be denied getting into USC or ND if he was ready to commit.

What did buddy from OSU say? "we didn't come here to play school" ...that applies to OSU football the same as it does for ND or USC too

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lake is wrong and a bit delusional about his opponents for recruits. He’s right that Oregon has a wider reach of targets given their lesser academics, but Washington usually battles them for 8-12 recruits in the PNW each year.

USC shouldn’t even be mentioned with the other prestigious academic schools in that list. They lower the bar extremely for their student athletes. Used to be that way for Cal until a few years ago.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Lake is wrong and a bit delusional about his opponents for recruits. He’s right that Oregon has a wider reach of targets given their lesser academics, but Washington usually battles them for 8-12 recruits in the PNW each year.

USC shouldn’t even be mentioned with the other prestigious academic schools in that list. They lower the bar extremely for their student athletes. Used to be that way for Cal until a few years ago.

When it comes to blue chip athletes
, ANY school with a football pedigree and large fanbase that demands winning will be accepting any and all comers.

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When it comes to blue chip athletes, ANY school with a football pedigree and large fanbase that demands winning will be accepting any and all comers.
I don't disagree and that is why I find it silly to include a blue blood like SC who has a lengthy history of making sure they get their guys, no matter the grades. I don't know much about ND's standards right now. Going back to Lake's point, Washington recruits nationally because of what Peterson built, not because of its "academic prowess". No recruit is flying to Seattle for a regional degree unless they happen to be a CS major and even then, they'll opt for Stanford if that's the case.

There is Stanford and then everyone else when it comes to the recruits elite in both areas. Even then, Stanford might fall down to Northwestern's level if Shaw doesn't bounce back soon.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I don't disagree and that is why I find it silly to include a blue blood like SC who has a lengthy history of making sure they get their guys, no matter the grades. I don't know much about ND's standards right now. Going back to Lake's point, Washington recruits nationally because of what Peterson built, not because of its "academic prowess". No recruit is flying to Seattle for a regional degree unless they happen to be a CS major and even then, they'll opt for Stanford if that's the case.

There is Stanford and then everyone else when it comes to the recruits elite in both areas. Even then, Stanford might fall down to Northwestern's level if Shaw doesn't bounce back soon.

They have none when it comes to 5* and 4* talent...that's a myth for when a recruit goes elsewhere or when/if another school has a better class. It allows ND to say "Oh he couldn't cut it academically so he went to XYZ instead"

No school that has a history of winning especially at the level of ND or USC will be rescinding offers when it comes to the academics of blue chip athletes.

They'll pull the academic shyt when it's a 3* recruit that has an early offer but doesn't translate to 4* or 5* talent...they'll say ohhh he couldn't qualify and pat themselves on the back and force the kid to go elsewhere...NOT actually b/c of academics but b/c he didn't pan out as a player.

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Texas & Oklahoma going to the SEC set off a chain of conference realignment

Conference USA had 14 schools and lost 11 of them

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
He's saying we're hiring Jimbo.
I ain’t saying it but a lot of talk about Woodward wanting him

A04-BC7-F4-CBD2-4-E1-F-83-A0-28991-DF12-AC1.jpg

FEAC75-BC-DBE3-473-C-AAFB-C21-AC18-A30-A5.jpg

Last edited:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I don't know much about ND's standards right now.
I know the only coach they've lowered the bar for is Holtz but it quickly went back to pre-Suffering Succotash levels after he was gone. I think that was maybe one of the sticking points that kept Urban from going there even though it's his dream school