The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
  • I’m sure if a person did they googles you could find them, and a 100 tackles though good, is relative to scheme and talent around you, and a lot of times they bolster numbers, my question is how many solo and how many are tackles for loss,

no other school had 3, only other school with 2 was UCLA.

devin White had 9 sacks, 1 FF, 15 TFL, 4 PD only his 2nd year in the league, also finished 3rd in the league in solo tackles and played one less game than the 2 above him

Patrick Queen as a rookie, tied for the team lead in TFL (9), 2nd on the team in solo tackles, 2 PD, 2 FF, and a TD

Debo Jones tied for team lead in TFL(9), led his team in sacks 4.5, had 2 INT, and was 2nd in his team in PD with 9

Crizzy

U wanted the smoke...u can have it your way
Daps
Reppin
RMFT
5 mins in and I get why these kids be lost out there.
This shyt hard :damn:

@RammerJammer @Crizzy

I gotta show and watch this with my son. He played safety his freshman season. I bet his head may explode. He got switched to RB this year tho but sat the season out for covid

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I gotta show and watch this with my son. He played safety his freshman season. I bet his head may explode. He got switched to RB this year tho but sat the season out for covid

The responsibilities are :whoo:
The corner will switch from man to zone depending on what the route is.
The star will mainly reroute and push his guy to the safety while staying underneath and carrying the flat.
Safety stay deep to rally.
But it's all done on the fly after the snap.

I think that's the gist of it anyway. Its a lot to unpack to the untrained football mind :whew:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
The star will mainly reroute and push his guy to the safety while staying underneath and carrying the flat.

I think that's the gist of it anyway. Its a lot to unpack to the untrained football mind :whew:
Man that shyt is basic. Ran that shyt in pee wee. Trips wide, y z flipper hachoo beats that coverage everytime

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
5 mins in and I get why these kids be lost out there.
This shyt hard :damn:

@RammerJammer @Crizzy

bruh I’ve played football and my head exploded, I’d have to watch these for a while, but seeing it on the field would help a ton but it’s some concepts for your ass, but i also suspect it’s the reason some kids just don’t end up on the field because if you don’t learn your position and in some cases multiple positions then you will be a liability

i know nikkas will groan but a lot of those concepts were what Don brown does, the biggest issue was speed, lack of speed and D line push killed us