The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
:ehh: I'm sure they'll be more of it if UF and Miami become far and away the top programs in state, seems like there's a push to make football boom again in Florida, on every level of leadership. Plus, if UNC doesn't end up like I think they will, Miami will need to find tough comp elsewhere

The problem with this logic is that people gave LSU the benefit of the doubt from 2013 to 2017 and they never even got to a SEC title. So its not like y'all have been constantly hated on like you say. After 2016, the general perception of LSU dipped a little so that, plus a new staff, explained the 2017 and 2018 lack of love. it wasnt irrational IMO. same way it wouldnt have been irrational to not think LSU would average like 45 points a game:yeshrug:
I’ll tell y’all exactly where Y’all go wrong, y’all get sucked in to the narratives and ignore the talent on the team. I told y’all in 2018 there’s too much talent for this team to go 6-6 and you guys were stuck in Coach O being a dumb coach and the schedule being too hard, same thing this past season we brought back 80% of that 10 win team, bought in Joe Brady, and Burrow was coming off a good stretch at the end of the season, none of this is nothing y’all weren’t told but nope none of y’all wanted to hear it

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Y’all should be playing UGA more too. When was the last time y’all played each other in the regular season?

This century we’ve played Georgia in the regular season in:

2002, 2003, 2007, 2008, and 2015

Played Florida this century in the regular season in:

2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, and 2014

SEC’s 8 game conference schedule + expansion has effected big time regular season games such as that.

Y’all should play Florida more too, Auburn vs Florida is always a good game.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I’ll tell y’all exactly where Y’all go wrong, y’all get sucked in to the narratives and ignore the talent on the team. I told y’all in 2018 there’s too much talent for this team to go 6-6 and you guys were stuck in Coach O being a dumb coach and the schedule being too hard, same thing this past season we brought back 80% of that 10 win team, bought in Joe Brady, and Burrow was coming off a good stretch at the end of the season, none of this is nothing y’all weren’t told but nope none of y’all wanted to hear it

The reason that narrative was even a thing was because y’all lost to Troy, y’all was too damn talented to lose to Troy, a lot of years in the last decade y’all were the most/second most talented team in the SEC and yet y’all underachieved outside of 2 years so don’t get mad at people for thinking that you guys weren’t gonna be good in ‘18. It was completely justified.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
The reason that narrative was even a thing was because y’all lost to Troy, y’all was too damn talented to lose to Troy, a lot of years in the last decade y’all were the most/second most talented team in the SEC and yet y’all underachieved outside of 2 years so don’t get mad at people for thinking that you guys weren’t gonna be good in ‘18. It was completely justified.
There’s no way to justify a 6-6 prediction when LSU hasn’t had a record that bad in over 20 years

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

This century we’ve played Georgia in the regular season in:

2002, 2003, 2007, 2008, and 2015

Played Florida this century in the regular season in:

2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, and 2014

SEC’s 8 game conference schedule + expansion has effected big time regular season games such as that.

Y’all should play Florida more too, Auburn vs Florida is always a good game.

Florida's West permanent opponent should be LSU and Auburn like the old days

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Missed the point :usure: I was saying that not playing a rivalry annually makes that next game feel bigger than it would otherwise
Ehh as long one of the teams ain't shyt then playing a big rivalry game annually will always be hot

Y’all should be playing UGA more too. When was the last time y’all played each other in the regular season?

Bump all that, Has Alabama/LSU ever played @ Missouri since they came to the SEC? :dahell:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

What's that you say?
yaheard.png

Mac Jones bout to sit
bryce2.png