The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did this dude just say offensive tackle :deadmanny: sucks that I don’t have any room to put stuff on my signature

He's 6'6" 255 right now as an incoming freshmen. He runs 4.73 in the 40 with a 30 inch vertical.

If he wants a stellar NFL career, he should try to gain 50 more pounds while maintaing his athleticism. That way he can be an elite LT in the NFL.

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
He's 6'6" 255 right now as an incoming freshmen. He runs 4.73 in the 40 with a 30 inch vertical.

If he wants a stellar NFL career, he should try to gain 50 more pounds while maintaing his athleticism. That way he can be an elite LT in the NFL.
If you salty he didn’t go to Tennessee just say that

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You might be thinking of Darnell Washington thr tight end UGA signed. He's a future tackle

I haven't watched Gilbert's tape. Its possible he has great ball skills to be a dominant TE.

I was talking more about the report of him being used like Calvin Johnson. That's just silly. Calvin ran 4.3 at 238 lbs. This kid runs 4.7 at 255 lbs. If he's planning on converting from TE, it would be more wise to get bigger and become a LT than get smaller to try to be Calvin Johnson.

Last edited:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
I haven't watched Gilbert's tape. Its possible he has great ball skills to be a dominant TE.

I was talking more about the report of him being used like Calvin Johnson. That's just silly. Calvin ran 4.3 at 238 lbs. This kid runs 4.7 at 255 lbs. If he's planning on converting from TE, it would be more wise to get bigger and become a LT than get smaller to try to be Calvin Johnson.
You replying to yourself? :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you salty he didn’t go to Tennessee just say that

Actually the only reason I knew he was a poor athlete is because he was considering Tennessee. Its why I didn't look at him as a great prospect.

You should know me by now that I don't follow the opinions of others on prospects. Just because the recruiting services say a guy is a 5-star doesn't mean he'll be good. Right now Tennessee's highest rated prospect is 5-star LB Terrence Lewis. I don't look at him as a great prospect because of how small he is. So this take has nothing to do with being salty. I'd say the same thing about him if he was at Tennessee just like I'm saying it right now about the highest rated commit in Tennessee's current recruiting class.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Meanwhile #1 on that tweet played with 32 other NFL receiving targets on his team. We had a fukking walk on kicker starting here. fukk LSU

You about to add this neg to your signature real soon :stopitslime:
You know what? You right, imma check out his film objectively and see how good he is, starting wit the Minnesota game

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps

You dont think kids faster from year to year? That was literally a year ago. Hes now on LSU’s campus working with the team getting top notch coaching and strength/conditioning. Justin Jefferson was running 4.7 40s his senior year old hs. Now look at what he ran in the draft

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You dont think kids faster from year to year? That was literally a year ago. Hes now on LSU’s campus working with the team getting top notch coaching and strength/conditioning. Justin Jefferson was running 4.7 40s his senior year old hs. Now look at what he ran in the draft

Justin Jefferson was a 2-star for that reason. His progression in college was an outlier. Most 2-stars don't go on to be 1st round picks in the draft. Most high schoolers who are already pretty much filled out end up running about the same at the combine that they ran at the Opening. Alvin Kamara for example ran 4.5 at the Nike Opening then ran 4.5 at the combine.

The players who make these wild jumps from high school to the NFL are like Khalil Mack. They were 2-stars at a mid-major who end up getting a lot bigger, changing their body, and thus becoming big-time NFL prospects. Its not common. Its pretty rare. Gilbert is already 255 lbs and pretty swole. Chances are he's already pretty much filled out his frame if he's planning on staying a TE. We'll see how he plays in college but those poor measurables stood out to me during his recruitment.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Jefferson’s grades & his knee was the reason he was ranked low. His knee at that time caused the slow 40. See google and multiple articles talk about it.