The OFFICIAL 2019 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
There's nothing to go back and forth about lol what am I wrong about? Taggart wants to run a hurry up RPO based offense and Blackman is a pocket passer.. not sure what I'm missing. Blackman would be better off in a pro style offense and FSU would be better with a more mobile QB but they don't really have many options right now. I don't have any reason to be biased here, you on the other hand have been Blackman's biggest fan the past 2 years

Bryce Petty is a pocket QB and ran the offense well at Baylor. You're so clue less about football it's not even funny. Stick to being a cheerleader bandwagon fan. You're great at that.

Tua, You do know a college spread offense where the passing game built mostly around RPO's & play-action passing (Like the Veer & Shoot/Briles offense) is supposed to be way easier for a QB than a offense that uses pro-style passing, right? So saying that Justin Blackman is a better fit for a pro-style offense doesn't even make sense. @jwonder is right.

Like I said in a previous post yesterday, the most important things for a QB in that Veer & Shoot/Briles offense is:

1. Accuracy (ESPECIALLY deep ball accuracy)
2. Arm Strength
3. Quick decision making
4. Mobility

As long Justin Blackman fits those attributes, it doesn't matter if he was labelled as pro-style QB or dual-threat QB by the recruiting sites.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Tua, You do know a college spread offense where the passing game built mostly around RPO's & play-action passing (Like the Veer & Shoot/Briles offense) is supposed to be way easier for a QB than a offense that uses pro-style passing, right? So saying that Justin Blackman is a better fit for a pro-style offense doesn't even make sense. @jwonder is right.

Like I said in a previous post yesterday, the most important things for a QB in that Veer & Shoot/Briles offense is:

2. Arm Strength
3. Quick decision making
4. Mobility

As long Justin Blackman fits those attributes, it doesn't matter if he was labelled as pro-style QB or dual-threat QB by the recruiting sites.
Yea I think I’ve seen it a few times. Blackman wouldnt be very good in any offense I was really just making the point he doesn’t fit in Taggarts offense at all. Blackman is a drop back passer he doesn’t have the quick accuracy or mobility. If you think Blackman is all of those things not sure what to tell you, you’re just wrong like your buddy wonder

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Brehs, that's the thing I think y'all are missing here. The entire point of this movement to address consussions is that we 100% did not know what football was doing to our bodies, as it's been proven that the powers that be first ignored, and then did everything they could to disprove, and then did everything they could to hide this information.

Let's not look at a bunch of kids like "you get what's coming to you :shaq2:" from the comfort of our keyboards when they've still lead their entire lives based on a way of thinking that has been proven to be a gigantic, orchestrated lie up until just a couple years ago.

And of course, they're kids. And so many of them are poor black kids.

I just don't rock with a bunch of people clamoring for us to do less to protect the very livelihood of black kids trying to make a way for their families.

Let's leave that to the MAGAside. Because you know where they stand on this

I don’t think anyone is trying to throw kids up under the bus, these kids get a raw deal on a lot of shyt, and i am one for kids getting paid!!! But they are doing it all for a shot at the league

With that said, there is an inherent danger with football, we all have played it, we all knew it was a risk, people have gotten injuries, that they will forever deal with aside from concussions. The concussion issue is a quagmire that is hard to paint the true villain, at the ncaa defense is, did they get them in high school or pop warner, did the player/coach/institution take proper protocol to protect the athlete/himself the list goes on. Bringing a lawsuit on the ncaa won’t get them to give any real restitution, and will only result in an overreaction by the ncaa, and degradation of the game we love, you already have the refs throwing kids out for breathing too hard on opposing players. I honestly miss when there were crack backs and safeties/lb’s cleaning nikkas up

That’s based off rankings. Louisiana always have underrated players that come out of no where Lipscomb at Vanderbilt, Scoota Harris At Arkansas, Irv Smith at Bama come to mind

Oh let us not forget the underdog state that never gets recognition

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Yea I think I’ve seen it a few times. Blackman wouldnt be very good in any offense I was really just making the point he doesn’t fit in Taggarts offense at all. Blackman is a drop back passer he doesn’t have the quick accuracy or mobility. If you think Blackman is all of those things not sure what to tell you, you’re just wrong like your buddy wonder
You're the worst poster regarding football. You don't know shyt. When you're hit with the facts. You deflect. You're a fat inbred Bama cac.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
You're the worst poster regarding football. You don't know shyt. When you're hit with the facts. You deflect. You're a fat inbred Bama cac.

I mean the part about Blackman's mobility has a bit of merit until proven otherwise. Not saying he doesn't have wheels, but he hasn't shown that he REALLY does

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
What facts? Blackman doesn’t have any of those things he listed besides a decent arm. He’s not accurate or mobile and his release takes way too long. Bryce petty comparison is terrible and wasn’t worthy of a response

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County

2. Arm Strength
3. Quick decision making
4. Mobility

Blackman fits it all. You give him time he'll kill you.

Traditionally no doubt a mobile QB is the best for for the RPO. But I discovered is if you fit all the traits you stated and are TALL. You can succeed in the RPO.

Look at Nick Foles when chip Kelly was coach. No way in hell I thought he would be successful. But then I thought about his height. He can see way over the O line and that fake run shyt let's then buy more time to see an open receiver.

Bryce Petty. Are you fukking kidding me? Ran that offense like it wasn't shyt. He had like 350 yards total rushing his total career there.

But according to this inbred cac. You have to be a Cam Newton to run the RPO.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
What facts? Blackman doesn’t have any of those things he listed besides a decent arm. He’s not accurate or mobile and his release takes way too long. Bryce petty comparison is terrible and wasn’t worthy of a response
No more going back and forth with a Bama. It's proven that most of y'all are stupid.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Blackman isnt accurate or mobile and doesn’t get the ball out quick. “Give him time” that’s what a pro style offense is for... And you have to keep saying he’s tall because you can’t talk about his skill. Being tall doesn’t matter in that offense that’s why all of the smaller fast, accurate guys thrive in it. And Petty had a quick release and was accurate, he also had 21 rushing touchdowns at Baylor just FYI since obviously you didn’t know he was plenty athletic to be super effective running in the red zone

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I dont gain nothing from burying FSU at this point, but this Taggart era dont look like its gonna do nothing to stop the train from skating off the racks and crushing half of Tallahassee :francis: I know its early but shyts got a twinge of Charlie Strong-UT so far

The 1 big thing that Taggart has done, that Charlie Strong should've done at UT is that he made a big OC hire after the offense he wanted to run didn't work his 1st season. If Strong had made his big OC hire after his 1st season or as part of his initial staff, he would probably still be Head Coach at UT.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I dont gain nothing from burying FSU at this point, but this Taggart era dont look like its gonna do nothing to stop the train from skating off the racks and crushing half of Tallahassee :francis: I know its early but shyts got a twinge of Charlie Strong-UT so far
All you have is to reminsce is losing the chip game to FSU.

For you to even speak on Taggart is why you Bamas are always disrespected. Gus been there for years. Should have been fired years ago with the talent Auburn had.

But enjoy those 5 loss seasons. Plenty more ahead:francis:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Blackman isnt accurate or mobile and doesn’t get the ball out quick. “Give him time” that’s what a pro style offense is for... And you have to keep saying he’s tall because you can’t talk about his skill. Being tall doesn’t matter in that offense that’s why all of the smaller fast, accurate guys thrive in it. And Petty had a quick release and was accurate, he also had 21 rushing touchdowns at Baylor just FYI since obviously you didn’t know he was plenty athletic to be super effective running in the red zone
I really wish I could kick your teeth out you dumb Hill Billy. The fact that these c00ns on here cosign your bytch ass is pathetic.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I mean the part about Blackman's mobility has a bit of merit until proven otherwise. Not saying he doesn't have wheels, but he hasn't shown that he REALLY does
I already have examples of what QBs that aren't mobile that for the system that did well

I'm pretty good when it comes with QBs. You pulled up my post about Lawrence but failed to pull up about the ones about Malik Henry and Treon Harris:sas2: