The OFFICIAL 2019 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Elias Ricks acting a damn fool out there :picard:
Man this is pretty clear cut right here.

“At the same time, you have to take your trips just in case something happens. For me not to go to LSU, it would have to take something drastic like a coaching change for me to look elsewhere and you never know what can happen so the trips are important to me.”

Basically, if we come out this year stinking it up (which we very well can and have done) he has a backup plan in place.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Real talk I think Barnett, Sean White and a few others would have been better at different programs :yeshrug:

No Jalen Hurts I think Barnett would have had a solid career at Bama.

Coaching and situation matters.

I mean it ain't hard to look solid at Bama though. He got one more year to show his worth and he actually has a competent OC at USF now in Kerwin Bell (former Gator QB who was VERRRRY successful as a coach here at JU- Jacksonville University)

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Right. Blake Barnett was the darn MVP of this a few years ago :mjlol:
Tua and Fields won it too. Barnett had all the talent in the world, he's just a dumbass. And some years like last year and the year White won it the QB classes just aren't that great. This QB class is loaded though, best Elite 11 maybe ever. Most of these guys are going to be good starting QBs. No one is saying this is the only indicator of how good these guys are going to be, this is just the only football we got right now:yeshrug:
Congratulations he put up numbers against air ooooo ahhhh:mjlol:
Uh do you know what 7 on 7 means?

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Two big commits for y'all. Steiner just tested off the charts had the best all around #s by far at the Opening. 4.51 forty, 40.2 inch vert and 4.00 shuttle. Crazy #s for an ILB
Yeah he has those numbers because he plays RB too. A lot of teams still recruiting him as an RB

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
My bad DropTopBuck... yoooo @Illeye buckmatic the bolded :damn:

He rolling with them boys in blue

On the day Nasir Goat announces The Lost Tapes 2 is dropping??? :damn:

It ain’t hard to tell :ahh: we be slamming bucks like iron sheik

Tua and Fields won it too. Barnett had all the talent in the world, he's just a dumbass. And some years like last year and the year White won it the QB classes just aren't that great. This QB class is loaded though, best Elite 11 maybe ever. Most of these guys are going to be good starting QBs. No one is saying this is the only indicator of how good these guys are going to be, this is just the only football we got right now:yeshrug:

Uh do you know what 7 on 7 means?

You do know that’s nikkas throwing with no pass rush and no pads and little physicality, I’m sure it has its point in building chemistry but that’s where i draw the line

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
You do know that’s nikkas throwing with no pass rush and no pads and little physicality, I’m sure it has its point in building chemistry but that’s where i draw the line
I mean yea it's really about the WR vs DB and RB+TE vs LB matchups but the QB's still have to be accurate and make quick decisions and that's the main thing you want to see from them really

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Man this is pretty clear cut right here.

“At the same time, you have to take your trips just in case something happens. For me not to go to LSU, it would have to take something drastic like a coaching change for me to look elsewhere and you never know what can happen so the trips are important to me.”

Basically, if we come out this year stinking it up (which we very well can and have done) he has a backup plan in place.

See Kardell Thomas’ recruitment last year. 18 year olds not turning down free trips with all expenses paid. Plus the school hostesses
18j5grn7akz7ujpg.jpg

And get to party with big men on campus getting the red carpet treatment. The $100 hand shakes and free gear from each school. The recruiting site mods from each school recommending their rankings get bumped up cuz they believe they might get them. Plus these recruiting sites gonna keep giving recruiting updates in favor of their school because more clicks/views = $$$$. Then the closer they get to signing day, they gonna slowly ease the truth in so their fans wont jump off a cliff. Ricks is doing what all the kids do. Keeping his ranking high/building his hype, and the team sites using black athletes to keep the cash flowing going. Some of them decommit cuz the buzz die down , articles decrease, and rankings drop when you with one school. Then they recommit later on (Stingley last year) J Roy (this year). Marketing 101

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I mean yea it's really about the WR vs DB and RB+TE vs LB matchups but the QB's still have to be accurate and make quick decisions and that's the main thing you want to see from them really

Like i said chemistry, it’s a little hard for defense to get accuracy because a db/defense works off pash rush and you design defense off of said rush