The OFFICIAL 2019 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I doubt he reaches Tyreek Hill's level. That guy's speed is something else. Generational talent.

Waddle is nice though. He's my favorite of the Alabama receivers. He reminds me of Tyler Lockett (Seahawks).

Lockett is a good comparison, and yeah Hill is faster than Waddle and Waddle isn’t even the fastest receiver on the team (Ruggs is) but he’s such a playmaker every time he touches the ball.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Mississippi has been better these past few years but I don’t remember them being a “talent rich” state. Same for Tennessee.
Tennessee never gonna have players in state. Memphis area don’t even pretend to care about football and Nashville have the occasional 2-3 cats from the area but they skate out of state as fast as they can

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tennessee never gonna have players in state. Memphis area don’t even pretend to care about football and Nashville have the occasional 2-3 cats from the area but they skate out of state as fast as they can

You talking bout last decade. The explosion in people moving to Nashville has changed all this. Our population is going thru the roof right now. Tennessee is set to become a football factory. Now we might turn into a mini-Atlanta and players won't be loyal to the home state school cause they're parents are from elsewhere. But the number of top prospects is rising.

Just just look at Clemson's national title team. It was led by 2 Tennessee born players (Trevor Lawrence and Tee Higgins). And two years ago the #1 player according to ESPN was Trey Smith (a Tenneseee native). The talent pool in Tennessee is a lot better today than in decades past.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
You talking bout last decade. The explosion in people moving to Nashville has changed all this. Our population is going thru the roof right now. Tennessee is set to become a football factory. Now we might turn into a mini-Atlanta and players won't be loyal to the home state school cause they're parents are from elsewhere. But the number of top prospects is rising.

Just just look at Clemson's national title team. It was led by 2 Tennessee born players (Trevor Lawrence and Tee Higgins). And two years ago the #1 player according to ESPN was Trey Smith (a Tenneseee native). The talent pool in Tennessee is a lot better today than in decades past.
Jacob Philips and Jacoby Stevens :lawd:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speaking of the 2018 class, what you think of Jaylen Waddle, I think he has Tyreek Hill potential
Slow down big fella :whoa:
Waddle is hella good tho
Trevor Lawrence and Tee Higgins were both born in Tennessee.

Tennessee may not be in the same class as the Big 4 (Florida, Georgia, Texas, and California) but it produces now as much talent nowadays as the next tier of states (i.e. Louisiana, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, etc.).

How else do you think that scrub Butch Jones was able to recruit so well? He was keeping the top instate guys at Tenneseee while grabbing a few 4 and 5 stars from surrounding states like Georgia.
What top in state talent did Tennessee have? I know he got Smith but who else? He didn’t get Jalen Ramsey

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Nobody really. I'll watch this year to see who emerges. Nobody heading into the 2020 draft intrigues me. Seems like a weak group.

With that said, I'm sure guys will emerge. The 2018 freshmen class looks to be very talented. So I'm guessing we'll see a lot of sophomores and redshirt freshmen exploding onto the scene.
I thought you was rocking tough with Ohio State now?

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County

Born isn't the same thing as living and playing in the state. Trevor got all his game from GA.

Only player from Tennessee that's balling that I know of is Jalen Ramsey

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jacob Philips and Jacoby Stevens :lawd:

Yeah there are a bunch all over the SEC. Even a school like Arkansas raided Tennessee last year and got a bunch of good recruits. Trey Knox (a receiver who I wish Tennessee went after) supposedly killed it during spring practice and will most likely be a starter for them as a true freshmen. His high school film reminded me of Kelvin Benjamin. For some reason the idiots at Tennessee didn't pursue him as hard as they should have.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Slow down big fella :whoa:
Waddle is hella good tho

What top in state talent did Tennessee have? I know he got Smith but who else? He didn’t get Jalen Ramsey

Jalen Hurd and Josh Malone were highly sought after 5-star recruits in 2014. Just two years ago, in 2017, Tee Higgins (Clemson), Jacoby Stevens (LSU), and Trey Smith (Tennessee) were 5-star recruits. And beyond the 5-stars, there are a bunch of solid 4-stars who are on rosters all over the SEC. Schools like South Carolina, Arkansas, and even Georgia are getting players from Tennessee. Fukkin Kirby Smart took 5-star OT Cade Mays from Knoxville in 2018. Then followed it up in 2019 by taking a couple of highly sought after 4-star defensive lineman from middle Tennessee.

Tennessee isn't Georgia or Florida. But its producing enough talent now where you can build a national title caliber team by recruiting mostly instate. That wasn't true back in the 90s. Back then Tennessee had maybe 1-2 starters from instate while the rest of the starters were from neighboring states like Georgia. Now you see a lot of players across the 2-deep being from Tennessee.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Born isn't the same thing as living and playing in the state. Trevor got all his game from GA.

Only player from Tennessee that's balling that I know of is Jalen Ramsey

The explosion in talent is happening right now. I didn't say it already happened. Ramsey was the first back in 2013. After him you got a guy like Jalen Hurd (who was just drafted this season by the 49ers) and Derek Barnett who plays for the Eagles come out in 2014. Tee Higgins (who is balling for Clemson) will likely be a 1st round pick in 2020. Trey Smith (if he ever overcomes his blood clot situation) will also be a 1st round pick. You got a guy like Ty Chandler (RB at Tennessee) who has NFL ability and will likely be drafted next year. I could keep going.

Trevor Lawrence, Tee Higgins, Jalen Ramsey, Jalen Hurd, and Derek Barnett are the beginning. The explosion in population only happened recently. So you won't see it truly blossom until the mid-2020s.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

:comeon:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Jalen Hurd and Josh Malone were highly sought after 5-star recruits in 2014. Just two years ago, in 2017, Tee Higgins (Clemson), Jacoby Stevens (LSU), and Trey Smith (Tennessee) were 5-star recruits. And beyond the 5-stars, there are a bunch of solid 4-stars who are on rosters all over the SEC. Schools like South Carolina, Arkansas, and even Georgia are getting players from Tennessee. Fukkin Kirby Smart took 5-star OT Cade Mays from Knoxville in 2018. Then followed it up in 2019 by taking a couple of highly sought after 4-star defensive lineman from middle Tennessee.

Tennessee isn't Georgia or Florida. But its producing enough talent now where you can build a national title caliber team by recruiting mostly instate. That wasn't true back in the 90s. Back then Tennessee had maybe 1-2 starters from instate while the rest of the starters were from neighboring states like Georgia. Now you see a lot of players across the 2-deep being from Tennessee.

It will be interesting to see how he does with my Niners. He looks slow from the highlights I saw. He definitely has the height and can be that end zone threat possession receiver. I think the 49ers is the best place to showcase his talents because Shanny writes up some beautiful plays and gets the most out of his players. I can see him in the back field and all kinds of shyt. I'm not tripping because they got him in the 3rd round. So it's not like it's a huge loss if he doesn't work out, I'm thinking he does though.