The OFFICIAL 2019 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy you say that. I was looking at how out of conference schools are coming into Cali and Az and cleaning up with the top rated talent. Hell coach O and LSU has like two of the top players for California committed.
The west coast kids usually commit later in the cycle but these past two years have been particularly bad when it comes protecting home turf. All the west coast kids are open to a 4 year experience elsewhere and they’re willing to go far if it helps there chances of making the league and actually be around fan bases who genuinely care about football. The only Pac 12 school that can give them that experience is probably Oregon and even then, they’re stadium is no bigger than Vanderbilt’s.

Every national powerhouse should be recruiting out West.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
The west coast kids usually commit later in the cycle but these past two years have been particularly bad when it comes protecting home turf. All the west coast kids are open to a 4 year experience elsewhere and they’re willing to go far if it helps there chances of making the league and actually be around fan bases who genuinely care about football. The only Pac 12 school that can give them that experience is probably Oregon and even then, they’re stadium is no bigger than Vanderbilt’s.

Them Cali nikkas soft for the most part.
Most of em aint bout that south life :bamafdup:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County

But the problem is the talent out west isn't as good as it once was. I don't want FSU recruiting out there. Mainly cuz every high rated player they got from there were a huge bust.

The best places to get players are Florida Georgia, and Texas. In that order. Outside of that. Louisiana and the DMV area is bomb too.

Last edited:

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
But the problem is the talent out west isn't as good as it once was. I don't want FSU recruiting out there. Mainly cuz every high rated player they got from there were a huge bust.

The best places to get players are Florida Georgia, and Texas. In that order. Outside of that. Louisiana and the DMV area is bomb too.
Alabama too

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yep and Mississippi always has a lot of good talent too. And of course Tennessee and the Carolinas as well. The southeast is just where all the talent is
Mississippi has been better these past few years but I don’t remember them being a “talent rich” state. Same for Tennessee.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Mississippi has been better these past few years but I don’t remember them being a “talent rich” state. Same for Tennessee.
I mean they usually always produce the same level of talent as Alabama does at least, I'm not saying they are Florida or anything. Mississippi last year did have better top end talent than Louisiana though which is saying a lot. Same with Tennessee they aren't Florida or Georgia but they produce more talent than any western state besides Cali

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What players you looking at this season?

Nobody really. I'll watch this year to see who emerges. Nobody heading into the 2020 draft intrigues me. Seems like a weak group.

With that said, I'm sure guys will emerge. The 2018 freshmen class looks to be very talented. So I'm guessing we'll see a lot of sophomores and redshirt freshmen exploding onto the scene.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Nobody really. I'll watch this year to see who emerges. Nobody heading into the 2020 draft intrigues me. Seems like a weak group.

With that said, I'm sure guys will emerge. The 2018 freshmen class looks to be very talented. So I'm guessing we'll see a lot of sophomores and redshirt freshmen exploding onto the scene.

Speaking of the 2018 class, what you think of Jaylen Waddle, I think he has Tyreek Hill potential

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Trevor Lawrence and Tee Higgins were both born in Tennessee.

Tennessee may not be in the same class as the Big 4 (Florida, Georgia, Texas, and California) but it produces now as much talent nowadays as the next tier of states (i.e. Louisiana, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, etc.).

How else do you think that scrub Butch Jones was able to recruit so well? He was keeping the top instate guys at Tenneseee while grabbing a few 4 and 5 stars from surrounding states like Georgia.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking of the 2018 class, what you think of Jaylen Waddle, I think he has Tyreek Hill potential

I doubt he reaches Tyreek Hill's level. That guy's speed is something else. Generational talent.

Waddle is nice though. He's my favorite of the Alabama receivers. He reminds me of Tyler Lockett (Seahawks).