The OFFICIAL 2018 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
So you wrote all that just to say you watched a show about some cats who choose teams who have made the playoffs :scUMsad:. Im a check it out though :ehh:
What's worse is I liked him. Said i wanna play texas dudes all thr time so i can beat they ass. Not like swaggerless Speight and Okorn. :beli:That should change this year. :ahh:

Poor guy was really looking forword to play under Urban.:pachaha:

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
He would have been the slot behind DPJ and Black tho right? And aren't yall spreading it out more this year?
Just weird for the kid to just up and move on this close to the start of his Jr year

In the slot it goes: Grant Perry, then Oliver Martin and Mcdoom fighting it out for the 2nd spot

Harbaugh has a TE obsession so they get more targets and grabs than the average offense as well

It sucks to see dude go...lots of attrition from that 2016 class already

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Real talk I hate most of the neutral site games. Home and homes would be better atmospheres but money talk
Yup. It's smart cuz it will track even more people. Family trips are based around some of these games. Some people who don't even like football go to these cities just for the atmosphere. There's way more to do in a major city than a college town.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
*** edit already posted***

Florida State to play two games against an SEC college football power, report says

BY JASON DILL

AP18114593378731.jpg

Former ESPN reporter Brett McMurphy reported Thursday that the Florida State Seminoles and LSU Tigers have agreed to two future college football games, albeit at neutral sites.

The two-game series begins in 2022 at New Orleans, with the 2023 game held in Orlando, according to a tweet from McMurphy.

McMurphy recently broke the story that led to Ohio State placing head coach Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave, while the school investigates whether Meyer knew or not about former assistant Zach Smith’s alleged domestic violence dating back to 2015.

Earlier this offseason, the Seminoles agreed to play two games with Boise State, starting with a neutral site game in Jacksonville in 2019.
The Orlando Sentinel reports the 2023 game will happen at Camping World Stadium.

Send Florida State, UCF and USF story tips to @Jason__Dill on Twitter

Beat me to it. We coming for ya'll :mjlit: I'll be at both games.

I’ll be there too. We gotta hook up.

Last edited:

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Having a bad day?

Well try Urban Meyers theraputic pizza.

Whether it's a tough day on the job or a tough loss on the field

My pizza helps with that "where my hair went?" feeling

Lower your blood pressure,lower stress

And your lady will like it too wink wink

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
I remember Ed’s recruitment like it was yesterday. Kid wanted to come to LSU but his brother was already at U of H. Boy was a Louisiana G at heart.:mjcry:

Ed Oliver still feels regret over not picking LSU

7460358.jpg

(Photo: Joe Robbins, Getty)
It is hard to argue against Ed Oliver’s college choice when you examine his sky-rocketing stock as the early first-overall pick projection in the 2019 NFL Draft. Oliver has been dominant at Houston to the point that it is almost unfair for American Athletic Conference foes. In the upcoming season, Oliver projects to do it again as one of college football's best players.

But Houston almost did not happen. In fact, Oliver still sometimes wishes it did not happen based on his preseason in-depth interview with ESPN. Oliver signed with Houston in February of 2016 and enrolled in August, but LSU was such a strong competitor that feelings still linger two-and-a-half years later.

“In almost every [recruiting] interview they asked me: ‘What's your dream school?’ My answer: ‘LSU,”’ Oliver told ESPN. “I was almost a Louisianimal. I still hate that I didn't go there, but I can't be in two places at once. I might go get my degree from LSU, just to say I went there.”

Oliver may finish his education some day at LSU, but that does not help Tiger football, which produced defensive linemen like Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Michael Brockers and Barkevious Mingo over the last decade.

Based on early buzz about Oliver, he could go higher than any of them in the draft. But what stopped Oliver from an LSU commitment to Les Miles? Houston lineman, and older brother, Marcus Oliver.

“I was going to play football with my brother,” Oliver said. “If he wasn't already at the University of Houston, I wouldn't be here.”

Oliver signed with Houston as a 247Sports Composite five-star recruit and the No. 3 defensive tackle in the 2016 class behind Michigan’s Rashan Gary and Clemson’s Dexter Lawrence. All three project as top-15 picks in the upcoming draft. In fact, Oliver made his decision to go pro far earlier than what is conventional with a May announcement the year prior.

Oliver heard plenty of criticism for his decision to play for Houston instead of a more traditional powerhouse, but that does not seem to bother him. In two years with the Cougars, Oliver has an absurd 138 tackles, 38.5 TFLs and 10.5 sacks.

‘After Houston beat Florida State to win the Peach Bowl [in 2015], people shut up,” Oliver said. “Then we came back and beat [No. 3] Oklahoma the next season, and I didn't hear nothing from nobody. For about six games, it was crickets. Then we lost to Navy. A handful of people then said I made the wrong decision. They might not like the decision, but they know I didn't make the wrong one.”

For LSU, the 2016 class was still a massive one. The Tigers hauled in the No. 2 recruiting class in the country with five-star additions at cornerback and defensive tackle as well as 15 four-star commitments.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
*** edit already posted***

Florida State to play two games against an SEC college football power, report says

BY JASON DILL

AP18114593378731.jpg

Former ESPN reporter Brett McMurphy reported Thursday that the Florida State Seminoles and LSU Tigers have agreed to two future college football games, albeit at neutral sites.

The two-game series begins in 2022 at New Orleans, with the 2023 game held in Orlando, according to a tweet from McMurphy.

McMurphy recently broke the story that led to Ohio State placing head coach Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave, while the school investigates whether Meyer knew or not about former assistant Zach Smith’s alleged domestic violence dating back to 2015.

Earlier this offseason, the Seminoles agreed to play two games with Boise State, starting with a neutral site game in Jacksonville in 2019.
The Orlando Sentinel reports the 2023 game will happen at Camping World Stadium.

Send Florida State, UCF and USF story tips to @Jason__Dill on Twitter

I’ll be there too. We gotta hook up.

Fa sho. I want to tailgate Louisiana style. NO is one of my favorite cities.

Willie T said that he is going to be adding heavy hitters to the schedule. Also wants to play more west coast teams.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I remember Ed’s recruitment like it was yesterday. Kid wanted to come to LSU but his brother was already at U of H. Boy was a Louisiana G at heart.:mjcry:

Ed Oliver still feels regret over not picking LSU

7460358.jpg

(Photo: Joe Robbins, Getty)
It is hard to argue against Ed Oliver’s college choice when you examine his sky-rocketing stock as the early first-overall pick projection in the 2019 NFL Draft. Oliver has been dominant at Houston to the point that it is almost unfair for American Athletic Conference foes. In the upcoming season, Oliver projects to do it again as one of college football's best players.

But Houston almost did not happen. In fact, Oliver still sometimes wishes it did not happen based on his preseason in-depth interview with ESPN. Oliver signed with Houston in February of 2016 and enrolled in August, but LSU was such a strong competitor that feelings still linger two-and-a-half years later.

“In almost every [recruiting] interview they asked me: ‘What's your dream school?’ My answer: ‘LSU,”’ Oliver told ESPN. “I was almost a Louisianimal. I still hate that I didn't go there, but I can't be in two places at once. I might go get my degree from LSU, just to say I went there.”

Oliver may finish his education some day at LSU, but that does not help Tiger football, which produced defensive linemen like Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Michael Brockers and Barkevious Mingo over the last decade.

Based on early buzz about Oliver, he could go higher than any of them in the draft. But what stopped Oliver from an LSU commitment to Les Miles? Houston lineman, and older brother, Marcus Oliver.

“I was going to play football with my brother,” Oliver said. “If he wasn't already at the University of Houston, I wouldn't be here.”

Oliver signed with Houston as a 247Sports Composite five-star recruit and the No. 3 defensive tackle in the 2016 class behind Michigan’s Rashan Gary and Clemson’s Dexter Lawrence. All three project as top-15 picks in the upcoming draft. In fact, Oliver made his decision to go pro far earlier than what is conventional with a May announcement the year prior.

Oliver heard plenty of criticism for his decision to play for Houston instead of a more traditional powerhouse, but that does not seem to bother him. In two years with the Cougars, Oliver has an absurd 138 tackles, 38.5 TFLs and 10.5 sacks.

‘After Houston beat Florida State to win the Peach Bowl [in 2015], people shut up,” Oliver said. “Then we came back and beat [No. 3] Oklahoma the next season, and I didn't hear nothing from nobody. For about six games, it was crickets. Then we lost to Navy. A handful of people then said I made the wrong decision. They might not like the decision, but they know I didn't make the wrong one.”

For LSU, the 2016 class was still a massive one. The Tigers hauled in the No. 2 recruiting class in the country with five-star additions at cornerback and defensive tackle as well as 15 four-star commitments.

Ed Oliver and Devin White on the same defense :merchant: