The OFFICIAL 2018 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
y'all peep this :picard:

It’s no secret that Florida State Seminoles’ linebacker roster is a team concern. FSU sources believe there are a few recruits who could come in and play or even start right away. Georgia commit Trezman Marshall, of Clinch County (Ga.) is one of those players.

Marshall had a great interview Thursday with Jeff Sentell of the AJC’s Dawg Nation. Sentel is an excellent reporter and kids really open up to him.

Marshall said that FSU and Tennessee flip/flop as his third school. That comment has to be concerning for FSU, because Marshall has visited several times and seemed to have a good time on campus. Auburn is his No. 2.

Here are some comments by Marshall and what I read into them.

“You can just tell by going up there to talk to the (FSU) players,” Marshall said. “They aren’t focused on winning a championship just yet. They want to play football. Everyone wants to play football. You can say that about everybody, but I’m focused on going to a place with a bunch of players who are focused on winning a championship.”

This makes some sense that Marshall would say this in comparison to UGA’s players. Georgia just played for a championship and its players are probably talking about winning one.

On the other hand, FSU’s players probably seem happy to just be playing football again. The 2017 season was a miserable experience. Playing football in 2017 at FSU wasn’t fun. Much of the old staff quit on the players. Just getting out there and feeling the joy of competing and playing for one another has to feel great to FSU’s kids at this time.

And FSU is not expected to compete for a championship in 2018. Its over/under win total in Vegas is 7.5 wins, meaning 4 or 5 losses are expected by those who don’t wear garnet and gold glasses.

He feels the Seminoles are recruiting him the hardest right now. Auburn falls right after that.

“Florida State is coming with full force,” Marshall said. “They are steady coming. They are not letting up. I can tell you they are not letting up at all.”

This is encouraging to hear for FSU fans. If FSU is going to flip Marshall, a lot of things have to go right, but making him feel like a consistent priority is key.

FSU: “I don’t like coaching staff there but I love the head coach. That’s the best head coach that I have been talking to and have met. That’s what I have seen so far.”

And this is concerning. Coach Taggart has to dig deeper on this and figure out if by “staff” Marshall meant the entire staff, a portion of it, or a specific coach.

For FSU to be recruiting him the hardest per his own words, have hosted him for several visits, be able to honestly sell immediate early PT, and still be running third or fourth because he doesn’t like the staff is a failure.

For his part, after he took a lot of heat on Twitter from fans, Marshall tweeted that it was a miscommunication. I see kids issue retractions all the time after their open, honest comments get a fanbase angry.

Taggart obviously can’t accept that at face value. He’ll have to dig to see what was really meant.

And Marshall also claims that he doesn’t care about the depth chart.

“I want to hear a coach tell me competition will matter,” he said. “The best players will play. I don’t want a single thing handed to me about my spot. That’s how I feel about Georgia. You can go there and the best players will play. Period. When they recruit me, they will then try to find a better linebacker. I have to put it all my work to keep that position.”

fake news

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Just like every year with LSU. It's the Qb. Les Miles used to work some magic but he ain't there no more.
Yea the mad hatter ain't here no more :francis:

That shyt showed in the Norte Dame game. We were the better team all game till the last 2 minutes where coach O kicks a FG on the 1 yard line. Yu picking between kickers who missed 2 chip shots over Guice with the game on the line and yu pick the kicker :scust: Coach O looked weak there. He has to prove it this year, even an average coach can win 10 games with this talent and if he can't do it he ain't the guy.

He being a coach is a dope story but he gotta deliver the excuse phase is done.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I think we'll drop one of those games I can bet we'll 1 loss team

Y'all letting the media make y'all opinion. We're a decent FG kicker away from coming off an 11 win season. These bums missed 60% of their kicks and 3 XP. They missed easy FG in the games that came down to the wire. This is way more talented team than last year, this the best defense we've had since the 2011 defense and if Fulton comes back, it's better than that defense on paper.

Georgia and Mississippi st have to come to Death Valley and play a top 10 defense and y'all wanna chalk those up as auto L :hhh:
This right here. Even if we just got by on talent (which is kind of what we’ve been doing even when Les Miles was coaching) we would be alright. We not getting any hype right now because we don’t have that new car smell or any compelling stories. Journalists and casual fans are trying to write us off, but all of the opposing teams we face coaches and players know we can beat anybody on our schedule if you take us for granted.

Wins and losses aren’t counted in July. We will see what happens on the field.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Yea the mad hatter ain't here no more :francis:

That shyt showed in the Norte Dame game. We were the better team all game till the last 2 minutes where coach O kicks a FG on the 1 yard line. Yu picking between kickers who missed 2 chip shots over Guice with the game on the line and yu pick the kicker :scust: Coach O looked weak there. He has to prove it this year, even an average coach can win 10 games with this talent and if he can't do it he ain't the guy.

He being a coach is a dope story but he gotta deliver the excuse phase is done.

You talking about the bowl game? If so Y'all pissed me off. Ruined my parlay. I thought ya'll dispose of those frauds. You know more about LSU than me. So those rumors true? I read a few articles that Coach O could be fired at the end of this season. One article said it could be mid season. :picard:

Too much talent out there to be looking mediocre.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
This one of the best defense we've had in the last 20 years, it's top 10 nationally, they have to come here where the most we've loss in a long time was 10 points.

LSU getting clapped at home isn't foreign, hell Troy was up 24-7 on y'all last year until y'all came back but it was too late.

LSU's defense will be great but what about offensively? Mississippi State and Georgia's defenses are really good too.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
:comeon: Now you know good and well we lived and died by the running game, except for one year when we had Beckham Jr and Jarvis Landry
He had no other options. You see how trash them QB's were. This is the same team that didn't cross the 50 almost a whole game. He made good adjustments. Called the right pass plays when the running game was gashing opponents.

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
You talking about the bowl game? If so Y'all pissed me off. Ruined my parlay. I thought ya'll dispose of those frauds. You know more about LSU than me. So those rumors true? I read a few articles that Coach O could be fired at the end of this season. One article said it could be mid season. :picard:

Too much talent out there to be looking mediocre.
:heh: What are you reading? Coach O had to go thru his phase where he can make mistakes but he's no different than other coaches he has to be given a chance. CoachO can win the big games he's done it he just needs to loosen up. He's shown flashes of being a good in game coach. As far as building a roster and recruiting I give him his props.

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
LSU getting clapped at home isn't foreign, hell Troy was up 24-7 on y'all last year until y'all came back but it was too late.

LSU's defense will be great but what about offensively? Mississippi State and Georgia's defenses are really good too.
We have talent on offense we need to have the QB who can make the plays.Etling was a good game manager he made the right plays but he wasn't a playmaker he didnt extend plays or take risk. That might be Etling fault but O never gave him a chance because he was so conservative. He says this year he'all pass it around a lot, we'll see. I know our WR are better than last year and our RB might not be household name but their capable backs, CEH can be a 1,00 yard back he's shown the flashes.