TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
When even punters are clowning you, you know its time to go. :snoop:

If Butch Jones was a man he would turn over his resignation papers tomorrow morning and apologize to Tennessee fans for ruining the last 3 seasons for the program.

They're not firing Butch Jones. They struggled to find a high profile coach after they fired Dooley and had to settle for Butch. Unless they want to go after Tee Martin, Butch is there to stay :umad:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Les Miles
Chip Kelly
Hugh freeze
Bob stoops :troll:
Art Briles:jawalrus:
Are all out there

They're not firing Butch Jones. They struggled to find a high profile coach after they fired Dooley and had to settle for Butch. Unless they want to go after Tee Martin, Butch is there to stay :umad:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Iowa State
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma.state
Baylor
TCU
Kansas
West Virginia
Texas tech

Only Baylor, and Kansas look like gimmies Gonna be a interesting year for Texas
And I think Texas wins the vast majority of those games as the year progresses. I am not scared of Texas playing Tech, WVU, KU, TCU, KSU, and ISU. And I think Texas will play extremely hard against their biggest rival like they always do in the RRS, and against OSU. If Texas is 8-4, I consider this season a success and they will likely keep the top 5 rated recruiting class coming in.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kelly is a DOG!!!! Take that boy to the Colts

Another example of Butch Jones ineptitude. It took injuries for Kelly to see the field at all last year. According to Butch Jones he was not worthy of getting snaps last year. And neither was NFL RB Alvin Kamara. Instead he gave all the carries to a guy who wants to play WR/TE at Baylor now.

Just think about that. Beyond questionable in-game decision-making, Butch Jones also makes some of the worst personnel decisions EVER. You see the QB for Memphis today (Riley Ferguson) that ripped apart UCLA's defense for 6 TDs? Well he was at Tennessee in 2013 along with Josh Dobbs (current NFL QB), Nathan Peterman (current NFL QB), and some guy named Justin Worley (who couldn't even make it to training camp as a undrafted free agent)? Guess who Butch Jones saw fit to start? Yup. You guessed it. He started Justin Worley, the guy who didn't even get invited to training camp by an NFL team.

Every year with Butch Jones we see guys who only got on the field only because of injury start balling out even better than their predecessors and then we're left wondering why they never played in the first place. Recent Example = Marquez Callaway vs Georgia Tech. Callaway wasn't listed as a starter coming out of training camp. And he didn't play much until Jauan Jennings went down and now he's hands down our best receiver.

Who knows how much more talent Butch Jones has standing on them sidelines? :snoop:

Last edited:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
1-2 Texas Longhorns

I WANNA SEE THOSE SAME BOOSTERS THAT WERE COMING FOR CHARLIE STRONG'S NECK DO THE SAME TO HERMAN :mjpls:

NO DIFFERENCE....A LOSS IS A LOSS!

USF IS 3-0 BTW

This Texas team is better than the any of the teams the last three years. Texas would have been blown out if Strong was the HC.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

The job is a lot more attractive now than it was 5 years ago. First of all, Butch has actually done a good job rebuilding the talent pool in the program. Before he got there, they had no players. Now they actually got dudes and look like a legit SEC team. Second, the in-state talent pool in Tennessee has improved IMMENSELY. That is a major reason for Butch Jones success in recruiting. Like I said earlier this year, if you look at the 2018 and 2019 recruiting classes, only the states of Florida, Georgia, Texas, and California have more 4-star/5-star instate prospects than the state of Tennessee. Tennessee is right now on the same level as the state of Louisiana when it comes to producing top-tier football talent. And we all know how much the LSU job is hyped up because of the instate recruiting base and lack of a natural instate rival for those players.

Someone is gonna see that the University of Tennessee is a potential gold mine when it comes to fertile recruiting as well as elite facilities. They'll say like Saban did in 1999 about LSU that there is no reason I can't win championships at Tennessee. All I gotta do is not be totally inept when it comes to game management like Butch Jones. The players are there RIGHT NOW and there is a growing pipeline of in-state recruiting GOING FORWARD to build a perennial top 10 program once again. Tennessee's problem the last 15 years has been a lack of fertile in-state recruiting to attract big name coaches. That isn't the case anymore. There will be guys lining up for job now.

Last edited: