Daps
Reppin
NULL
2018 Prospect Preview: Kahlil McKenzie flashed brilliance last year, before injury | NFL Draft news and analysis | Pro Football Focus

• Tennessee junior DT Kahlil McKenzie suffered a season-ending injury (torn pectoral muscle) just six games into the 2016 season, limiting him to just 152 defensive snaps. In that span, he earned the No. 2 ranked overall grade (78.6) among returning Power 5 interior defenders with less than 200 defensive snaps.
  • McKenzie also ranked No. 2 against the run among that same group of interior defenders, posting an 80. 4 run defense grade.
  • Though his pass-rush repertoire is limited, McKenzie picked up a bull rush pressure once every 18.7 rushes, which ranked No. 1 in the draft class. He also ranked No. 1 in pass-rush productivity from a two-point stance at 26.8.

Tennessee-DI-Khalil-McKenzie.png

nikkas got on me 2 years ago for hyping this kid up. Looks like he played well last year before the injuries.

If Tennessee can stay healthy along the defensive line, we can be tops in the country. Not too many tams have as much as we do.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Lowkey NC State just in wrong division they could make noise in Coastal. Got a bad feeling they may wet the bed Saturday though them North Carolina schools choke vs the SEC in openers can't trust them.
That's why I say we'll beat Bama Ana turn around and lose to NC State. They not good but FSU has a hard time with them. They shouldn't with how stacked the team is but it's a trap game. Clemson lucked out against them last year

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember these names:

DE Jonathan Kongbo (RS Jr.) - 5 star recruit; #1 overall JUCO recruit in 2016
DT Kendal Vickers (RS Sr.) - former 240 lbs linebacker that is now a 290 lbs menace at DT
DT Kahlil McKenzie (Jr.) - 5 star recruit; #1 overall player in 2015 class according to Scout.com
DE Darrell Taylor (RS So.) - 4 star recruit that is considered the most athletic player on the team; physically similar to Brian Orakpo

DE Kyle Phillips (Jr.) - 5 star recruit in 2015; slowed by shoulder injuries the last 2 years; but when healthy has been disruptive
DT Shy Tuttle (Jr.) - 5 star recruit in 2015; another guy who has been slowed by injuries but has balled out when healthy

Not too many teams have this much talent on their defensive line. We got 5-star juniors coming off the bench. And it ain't cause they can't play. They just got other 5-stars ahead of them.

If healthy Tennessee has the best defensive line in the country.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tennessee ain't going nowhere bruh. This ain't the 90's

Actually this new era of Tennessee football will be BETTER than the 90s. We finally have a dominant in-state recruiting base to pluck talent from.

Just check out the ESPN 300 players in the class of 2019 by state: ESPN Football Recruiting - Player Rankings - ESPN

Florida - 48
Georgia - 39
Texas - 36
California - 34
Tennessee - 16
Louisiana - 14
Alabama - 9
Michigan - 9
North Carolina - 9
Ohio - 8

State of Tennessee is now producing more talent than Louisiana. We have 2x as many ESPN 300 players as the state of Ohio. With a great in-state recruiting base, we ain't going nowhere but up. Tennessee will be a dominant force in college football moving forward.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Actually this new era of Tennessee football will be BETTER than the 90s. We finally have a dominant in-state recruiting base to pluck talent from.

Just check out the ESPN 300 players in the class of 2019 by state: ESPN Football Recruiting - Player Rankings - ESPN

Florida - 48
Georgia - 39
Texas - 36
California - 34
Tennessee - 16
Louisiana - 14
Alabama - 9
Michigan - 9
North Carolina - 9
Ohio - 8

State of Tennessee is now producing more talent than Louisiana. We have 2x as many ESPN 300 players as the state of Ohio. With a great in-state recruiting base, we ain't going nowhere but up. Tennessee will be a dominant force in college football moving forward.
I don't see it on the field. I'm not taking nothing from ya'll. Tennessee was legit in the 90's.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see it on the field. I'm not taking nothing from ya'll. Tennessee was legit in the 90's.

:dahell: We ain't even played a damn game yet. At least wait until we play a game to declare this season a flop.

You gotta realize Butch's first full recruiting class are finally seniors this year. Its not like the nikka has been at Tennessee for 10 years already. Dude is going into year 5 and he took the program from a LAUGHING STOCK to now being laughed at cause they couldn't win the SEC East or aren't a top 10 team. Butch Jones is a garbage game day coach but I'll give him props for turning the program around. And Tennessee is now in better position than its ever been. If dude fails once again this season, someone is gonna walk into a gold mine in 2018.

This is a top 10 job. We got a top 5 state when it comes to producing elite d-1 football talent. No other in-state competition for recruits other than Vanderbilt (which has academic standards that makes it hard for most recruits to get in). Plus the population in Nashville is still growing. So the talent is not gonna decrease. Its only gonna increase. Tennessee is on the come up.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Tennessee was probably top 4 in the 90s FSU nebraska Florida Tennessee and OSU probably top 5 in 90s. This Tennessee shyt ain't nowhere near that level in any aspect
Man I was rooting for Tee Martin till we had to play that fukker and he beat us for the chip. Outzen was our qb for that game:scust:

He did what Peyton could never do. Beat UF and win a Chip.

But Peyton had a street named after him :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tennessee was probably top 4 in the 90s FSU nebraska Florida Tennessee and OSU probably top 5 in 90s. This Tennessee shyt ain't nowhere near that level in any aspect

You won't be saying that after this season when we holding up the natty in Atlanta.

2 top 5 recruiting classes still on campus. The other 2 are top 15 classes. Crazy talent on defense especially along the defensive line. Tons of experience on the offensive line. Chip on our shoulder. Easy schedule (relative to previous years).

I really like where we are at heading into 2017. And the future is mad bright given how much the in-state talent in recruiting has been improving.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas don't realize that in the past Tennessee needed to recruit Georgia and the Carolinas to field a competitive team cause there wasn't much talent in the state of Tennessee. Now we can build a top 5 class made up mostly of Tennessee kids. And that is with schools like Ohio State, Clemson, LSU, and Alabama still stealing some of our players.

I don't think ya'll are recognizing how huge of a shift this is. Tennessee is now producing more 4/5 star recruits than every other state in the country outside of the Big 4 (Florida, Georgia, California, and Texas). This is a HUGE SHIFT. If Butch Jones is fired, you'll see big-name coaches fighting to get the Tennessee job next year. Its gonna be MORE attractive than the LSU job. Just watch. Tennessee is now passing up Louisiana when it comes to talent that is being produced. They got more money than LSU. And they play in the weaker side of the SEC.

Tennessee = top 5 job in college football NOW