The Official 2016 Olympics thread: Medals Are For the Elite but Zika is For Everybody

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mike Vick should go ahead and have a GOAT level career in handball and forget about the NFL

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
okay wade :obama:
CUa8u2JUkAAmHsR.jpg:large

CUa8nOvUcAANdIS.jpg:large

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The story is finally up on the 10KM swimmers. The French swimmer couldn't resist being a dumbass after swimming for 2 straight fugging hours in the polluted ocean in Brazil.

French swimmer disqualified in 10km open-water marathon

10:49 AM
August 15 by Cindy Boren
2016-08-15T142531Z_01_OLYGK38_RTRIDSP_3_OLYMPICS-RIO-MARATHONSWIMMING-W.jpg

"Sharon van Rouwendaal of Netherlands was rewarded with a gold medal for spending nearly two hours in the polluted waters of Rio de Janeiro’s Fort Copacabana, but the 10km open-water competition was marred by the disqualification the second-place French swimmer.

Van Rouwendaal finished 16.6 seconds ahead of France’s Aurelie Muller, who was in a tight race with Rachele Bruni of Italy. After the swimmers crossed the finish line, it was determined that Muller had nudged Bruni into the floating structure at the finish line.

“The French swimmer has sunk me,” Bruni told members of the Italian media after the race (via the Guardian). “At the finish, she obstructed me and I could not touch the board. I’m glad of the decision of the judges.”"

Last edited:

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
US was up by 10 and decided to switch out a black goalie for a white one, then they gave up three goals:russ:

US won 13-3

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
The story is finally up on the 10KM swimmers. The French swimmer couldn't resist being a dumbass after swimming for 2 straight fugging hours in the polluted ocean in Brazil.

10:49 AM
August 15 by Cindy Boren
2016-08-15T142531Z_01_OLYGK38_RTRIDSP_3_OLYMPICS-RIO-MARATHONSWIMMING-W.jpg

"Sharon van Rouwendaal of Netherlands was rewarded with a gold medal for spending nearly two hours in the polluted waters of Rio de Janeiro’s Fort Copacabana, but the 10km open-water competition was marred by the disqualification the second-place French swimmer.

Van Rouwendaal finished 16.6 seconds ahead of France’s Aurelie Muller, who was in a tight race with Rachele Bruni of Italy. After the swimmers crossed the finish line, it was determined that Muller had nudged Bruni into the floating structure at the finish line.

“The French swimmer has sunk me,” Bruni told members of the Italian media after the race (via the Guardian). “At the finish, she obstructed me and I could not touch the board. I’m glad of the decision of the judges.”"

Wait till they swimming in those post Fukushuma waters off Tokyo...