The Official 2016 Olympics thread: Medals Are For the Elite but Zika is For Everybody

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
They finished with the event yet? Im at work so could you update us when its done.

Dutch chick won it. Laurie with the silver (clearly should have won gold though) Biles still won the bronze, after she fell off the beam

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
tumblr_o9lckuoGSk1qfyjoto1_500.jpg

Who's the girl in your avatar breh?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The story is finally up on the 10KM swimmers. The French swimmer couldn't resist being a dumbass after swimming for 2 straight fugging hours in the polluted ocean in Brazil.

French swimmer disqualified in 10km open-water marathon

10:49 AM
August 15 by Cindy Boren
2016-08-15T142531Z_01_OLYGK38_RTRIDSP_3_OLYMPICS-RIO-MARATHONSWIMMING-W.jpg

"Sharon van Rouwendaal of Netherlands was rewarded with a gold medal for spending nearly two hours in the polluted waters of Rio de Janeiro’s Fort Copacabana, but the 10km open-water competition was marred by the disqualification the second-place French swimmer.

Van Rouwendaal finished 16.6 seconds ahead of France’s Aurelie Muller, who was in a tight race with Rachele Bruni of Italy. After the swimmers crossed the finish line, it was determined that Muller had nudged Bruni into the floating structure at the finish line.

“The French swimmer has sunk me,” Bruni told members of the Italian media after the race (via the Guardian). “At the finish, she obstructed me and I could not touch the board. I’m glad of the decision of the judges.”"

French swimmer disqualified in 10km open-water marathon

incredibly stupid on her part, no one to be mad at but yourself

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown

DynamoEAR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston/ATL
That horse dancing shyt is the equivalent of rhythemic gymnastics and sychronized swimming. In fact any sport with a fugging horse in it should not be in the Olympics. The horse does all the work, but the rider gets the medal. That is some bullshyt.

Another useless sport is this field hockey shyt that I am watching right now. They already have soccer; handball and water polo. It is all the same sport just with different rules and a stick in the case of field hockey.
Need to replace that with something else. Don't care if the rider can take that L from the horse.