The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If their totally rebuilding fine but I don't think that's what there doing and they still have Rose and his albatross of a contract

They just have rose for this season as he's an expiring.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If their totally rebuilding fine but I don't think that's what there doing and they still have Rose and his albatross of a contract
DRose is an exipiring, not really an 'albatross', especially if he stays healthy

Put some respeck on that name ... you're talking like hes flabby Iso Joe Johnson or something

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DRose is an exipiring, not really an 'albatross', especially if he stays healthy

Put some respeck on that name ... you're talking like hes flabby Iso Joe Johnson or something

Exactly D Rose is alright once we look at him as the player he is today and not for what he was prior to the injury.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
I never left I view him as having the most upside I think he will be productive even if he doesn't develope a shot...I also think he will be marketable to an emerging market.

I think just in general it's easy for me to see him being the most productive and ready to contribute off the bat while also still having a star upside/potential if he gets a jumper.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Gut feeling: Boston keeps the third pick, but tries to shop every other pick.

I just think Bender will win them over and teams aren't gonna wanna panic and throw up the white flag before #CapGoinUp Free agency

Besides, everyone is shopping their pick except MAYBE New Orleans after the top 2, so that's gonna knock value down a peg

That's what I'm hoping for

Hopefully we can get a superstar via trade with all other picks (including next years Brooklyn pick if it's value is treated properly) draft somebody with the third pick and maintain our cap space

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
You can only frontload up to 10% of the average salary I believe.

and again with the downside, only bums would take frontloaded 1 year deals

You just do like the Celtics did with Amir Johnson and you give them a team option and overpay knowing damn well they won't ever see that second year

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
How? Simmons and Ingram are the only two picks who have a chance to be building blocks

Nobody thinks Bender or Chris's or whoever goes 3 is anything close to that

This has been thought of as a bad star for the past few years because of how bad the high school class from last year was

How would you know that? There are plenty of building block type players drafted all over the place every year from the 1st pick to the 60th pick

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's an average starting PG at best at this point yet he's the 2nd highest paid PG :yeshrug:

After the cap goes up this offseason his cap isn't that bad...And this is the final season of it.

I'd say he's on par with the Jeff Teagues in that bottom 14 of NBA PGs.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
After the cap goes up this offseason his cap isn't that bad...And this is the final season of it.

I'd say he's on par with the Jeff Teagues in that bottom 14 of NBA PGs.

It's his contract year

He wants another max deal

I expect him to have a great year barring obvious injury and then be terrible once he gets paid

Cause you know, he wants to be able to play with his kids when he's 45