The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Calling bullshyt on the Serge story since it doesn't make any sense at all :manny:

Just sounds like teams calling about Serge & then it being reported like the Thunder are calling everybody.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Calling bullshyt on the Serge story since it doesn't make any sense at all :manny:

Just sounds like teams calling about Serge & then it being reported like the Thunder are calling everybody.

Maybe they're looking for a tweener SF/PF or SG after seeing how the Cavs were able to use RJ to beat the Warriors.

Like, if you had Butler you could play Roberson at the small ball 4.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He'll never be the defender Giannis is though, that's part of what makes Giannis so special is the elite shot blocking potential and overall defensive versatility.

i agree, but its the only comparison that makes sense for me for Simmons

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
DX has the Raptors going with Skal at #9 and Cheick at #27 right now. If this was last summer, I'd be ecstatic but after having watched them play this year :ld:

Chad Ford has us taking Thon Maker at #27 even after the age debacle :pachaha:
How do you feel about skal, I think I'm the only Raptors fan that wouldn't hate it :lupe:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Giannis is more fluid in his movements, Ben looks so stiff, but there are so few point forwards in the league (Giannis, LeBron, Dray) that it works to compare them.

@Miggs Skal, yay or nay?

Honestly Draymond is my comparison, but better offensively and weaker defensibly.

Also hes a terrible shooter right now.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Heard masai has a man crush on Jaylen brown

Raps need s big move tonight indy and thr knicks are better

Masai just standing pat like a idiot

DX has the Raptors going with Skal at #9 and Cheick at #27 right now. If this was last summer, I'd be ecstatic but after having watched them play this year :ld:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Makes since since toronto schools hoop programs probably are a part of hiding his age

Seems like African immigrants get away with this type of thing all the time over there :mjlol:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
How do you feel about skal, I think I'm the only Raptors fan that wouldn't hate it :lupe:

I honestly don't hate it either. Every other big man on the board has some sort of limitation that would prevent them from making a positive contribution to this team. Sabonis is un-athletic and plays below the rim. Deyonta Davis is foul-prone and can't really do anything on the offensive end yet. Skal is skinny and soft. Ellenson is soft and a turnstile on defense. They would all play on the 905 anyways, so why not swing for the fences :yeshrug:

Heard masai has a man crush on Jaylen brown

Raps need s big move tonight indy and thr knicks are better

Masai just standing pat like a idiot

You pretty much have to stand pat if you're resigning DeMar. Why would they go over the max and take on additional salary for someone like a Thad Young? Someone like him, Kenneth Faried or even Serge Ibaka wouldn't solve our problems. All those of players (except maybe Thad Young) signed big deals then promptly declined in performance. The #9 pick is not going to bring us back someone significant, especially after the George Hill for #12 deal.