The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

DarrynCobretti

Fresh out the bed, count up the dead
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me

Adidas ain't fukking around this year, they apparently view this class as underrated in terms of potential All-Stars produced in the future.
They hurried up and just scooped Brandon Ingram(from Nike flagship program Duke), Kris Dunn, Jamal Murray(from Nike flagship program Kentucky), Jaylen Brown & Dragan Bender.
They pretty much guaranteed to get at least one legit NBA superstar out that group moving forward, in the next 5 years this draft class will prove to be worth it for Adidas no doubt.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

Adidas ain't fukking around this year, they apparently view this class as underrated in terms of potential All-Stars produced in the future.
They hurried up and just scooped Brandon Ingram(from Nike flagship program Duke), Kris Dunn, Jamal Murray(from Nike flagship program Kentucky), Jaylen Brown & Dragan Bender.
They pretty much guaranteed to get at least one legit NBA superstar out that group moving forward, in the next 5 years this draft class will prove to be worth it for Adidas no doubt.

They're going after rookies because they gave up trying to sign established stars

DarrynCobretti

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
They're going after rookies because they gave up trying to sign established stars
Word and I don't blame em...ever since :deadrose: ruined the brand and flushed what little respeck they had on their name completely down the toilet.

With UnderAmour making geriatric cac dad shoes for Curry and his underwhelming :flabbynsick:playoff performance being directly caused by getting sonned by Nike's star duo (while both Lebron/Kyrie brand shoes universally praised on social media as well).

Nike still ain't got shyt to worried about in the grand scheme of things. :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Word and I don't blame em...ever since :deadrose: ruined the brand and flushed what little respeck they had on their name completely down the toilet.

With UnderAmour making geriatric cac dad shoes for Curry and his underwhelming :flabbynsick:playoff performance being directly caused by getting sonned by Nike's star duo (while both Lebron/Kyrie brand shoes universally praised on social media as well).

Nike still ain't got shyt to worried about in the grand scheme of things. :mjlol:
Tim Duncan and KG are their only big guys who 'survived' those shoe deals really.

Nike should worry though... its not like a Nike athlete has gone through a career with zero losses. UA's growth rate is still fukking staggering - and a big reason why Adidas basically took its ball and went home (back overseas with futbol)

DarrynCobretti

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
Nah, Nike>>>>

Along as Nike just maintain(don't even have to expand if they don't feel like it) it's ridiculously dominant market share and unlimited reach/street popularity among the most important demographics along with luckily being able to spot & sign the two most transcendent once-in-a-generation players of all time in MJ & Lebron to lifetime contracts. They'll always be :eat: good.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Ingram and Brown signing with adidas isn't a surprise. They were adidas kids in HS. Adidas is going to get a great haul next year too. Solid group though.

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
We need a shooter / scorer too and I included signing a big.

:yeshrug:

Don't love okafor. He isn't a high effort guy on D and has shown some character issues thus far. Just my personal preference.

nikka what?

I like Middleton as a player but we could use Okafor a lot more than we could use Middleton. Bradley & Crowder is possibly a top 10 SG/SF combo. While the Celtics rotation of bigs consisted of obese Jared Sullinger, Amir Johnson, Kelly Olynyk, Tyler Zeller, Jonas Jerebko and for half the season, a washed up David Lee

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We need a shooter / scorer too and I included signing a big.

:yeshrug:

Don't love okafor. He isn't a high effort guy on D and has shown some character issues thus far. Just my personal preference.

I think he'd do fine here. With how great our perimeter defense is, I don't think he'd be as big of a liability.

But the word is that Ainge prefers Nerlens anyway

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clf9AvxWAAAMSak.jpg

Future so bright brehs. This nicca Simmons tall as fukk brehs.