...not a good day
...very good day
gVnQ8Zc.png

Last edited:

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
“One gets a little tired of having the United States run down by athletes who are enjoying themselves at the expense of their country,” he wrote. Musburger then infamously called Smith and Carlos “a pair of black-skinned stormtroopers.”

The headline is “Bizarre Protest By Smith, Carlos Tarnishes Medals.” Despite seeing what they did as “bizarre,” Musburger doesn’t once address why Smith and Carlos did what they did or quote them directly. He does however find time to mock them repeatedly. He describes Smith and Carlos as “juvenile”, “ignoble,” and—this actually is bizarre—“unimaginative.” Musburger calls Tommie Smith “the militant black.” In describing a scene of Carlos trying to defend their actions, Musburger writes, “Perhaps it’s time 20-year-old athletes quit passing themselves off as social philosophers.”

“We are talking about someone who compared us to Nazis. Think about that. Here we are standing up to apartheid and to a man in Avery Brundage who delivered the Olympics to Hitler’s Germany. And here’s Musburger calling us Nazis. That got around. It followed us. It hurt us. It hurt my wife, my kids. I’ve never been able to confront him about why he did this. Every time I’ve been at a function or an event with Brent Musburger and I walk towards him, he heads the other way.

:francis:
I remember as a kid watching the Hurricanes and not understanding why my parents, uncles, and aunts HATED him and said he was racist. didn't learn about his words until I got older

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Looking like the Ducks might have finally found a long term situation at QB with Justin Hebert. He is likely to redshirt this year, but by all accounts dude is balling in fall camp. Dude was only a 3 star from Eugene of all places. :ehh:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

Butch Dill/Getty Images
SEC logo on first-down marker
Michigan’s blunder reopens recruitment for 4-star DT from Georgia
ANDREW ASTLEFORD
SEC Country Staff

Michigan’s mistake could be an SEC school’s gain.

Defensive tackle Aubrey Solomon, a former Michigan commit, re-opened his recruitment Monday after an embarrassing series of gaffes by the Wolverines’ staff. Here’s what Solomon told Kipp Adams of Dawgs247:

“A day or two ago, they sent my mom a card thanking us for going to the Michigan bbq, but we never went,” Solomon said. “I do not know which recruit they were talking to, but it was not me. It was just a little heartbreaking, for me to supposedly be so high on their list, for them to confuse me with someone else. Plus they spelled both of my names wrong after I told them, but that was not the main issue. I guess they do not have tabs on me.”

KRiLL (+)

Yo! Ho! Ho!
Daps
Reppin
Straw Hat Pirates
:Mindbaugh:They reeeaaally should not have sent that letter to Solomon
Somebody is getting fired for that. I think homie will be back though.
i bet it was the mom Jimmy Boy hired to get her son to the team or maybe the coach they hired because he coached a recruit they wanted... :laff:

fukking rodents..:russ:

Last edited: