Texas
relative to expectations

Tennessee - SECE Winner
Notre Dame - Playoff bid
UCLA - easy schedule, Pac 12 South champ
Ole Piss - Bama's challenger and 3rd in the SECW
MSU - were supposed to be the 3rd best team in the big ten
Oregon - down year, but still 3rd in the north behind UW and Stanford
Texas - everyone expected Strong to be fired, but they were still projected to finish at 3-4 in the conference

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Who was biggest flop in 2016

Tennessee
Notre Dame
Ole Piss
Michigan St
UCLA
Oregon
Texas

Hmm...

A tie between Notre Dame, Michigan State, and Tennessee. Absolutely embarrassing loss for Tennessee last night, you shouldn't give up 45 to Vandy even with those injuries.

Ole Miss was disappointing as well considering the fact that they look like the best team in the country for like three straight first halfs.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I expect to wake up and see a bunch of names thrown in the bushes.

Jim Tressel's show clause is about to end
Bo Pelini is a coach I'd strongly consider if I were an AD, would kill it at Houston
After all the info came about Baylor, can't see anyone touching Briles with a 10 foot pole.

I hope Briles get hired just for the fukkery

I love to see white privilege get exposed

I want to see the feminist tears

:wow:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
fukk the ACC my team ain't winning shyt so why should I care breh

:manny:

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
He's absolutely right

I guess you gotta be a winning program first that has the capability of being in contention for conference championships to worry about the broader landscape and the politics and branding game of playoff positioning.

Miami is a ways away... so yeah, I guess he is right for the most part.

I'd argue tho, as someone else mentioned, that it's really the perennial powers that don't have to worry about conference strength and brand and perception. It really is the middling teams that should not only be worried about their own programs, but the strength and perception of the conference, which provides the opportunity for the middling teams to build their profiles with quality wins.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
I guess you gotta be a winning program first that has the capability of being in contention for conference championships to worry about the broader landscape and the politics and branding game of playoff positioning.

Miami is a ways away... so yeah, I guess he is right for the most part.

I'd argue tho, as someone else mentioned, that it's really the perennial powers that don't have to worry about conference strength and brand and perception. It really is the middling teams that should not only be worried about their own programs, but the strength and perception of the conference, which provides the opportunity for the middling teams to build their profiles with quality wins.

We'll see in a week when Washington gets fukked over how important conference perception can be

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
I hope Briles get hired just for the fukkery

I love to see white privilege get exposed

I want to see the feminist tears

:wow:
I think he sits out for a year. Let the fire die down, and he'll be coaching somewhere. Not caping for him, but it's some fukk shyt that he got wacked, but Butch Davis kept his job.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
He was ass too. I'm sick of this narrative lol he just got to hide behind wins (thanks defense and receiving playmakers)

I remember the Tennessee game thread all yall were begging Mac to get him out he wasn't nothing special he played out his ass vs Ole Piss and that was his lasting impression but he wasn't setting world on fire before that.