The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
I still think Kelly is ND's best option for coach.

I don't know who else they could get.

Yeah might just be timing issue I honestly don't even know who the top 5 upcoming coaches are right now everyone seems to have cooled off on Herman nationally I don't even hear shyt bout him anymore. What is LSU gonna do I honestly think Arkansas might get them again next week those games are always wars Arky usually finishes season strong under Bret. Glad I caught that Arky ML last minute might have to take them again next week.

Did Dan Mullen put some spark back in his name yesterday? Schools like TCU,Michigan St,UCLA,Oregon,Ole Piss seem to have peaked gonna be weird. I wonder if the Colorado coach gonna get some action that turnaround he's pulled there has to be respected.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Michigan is very good and I like watching them play. They're prob the only other team I'd root for at this point. I don't wanna see bama win, nor Clemson.....(maybe Washington tho)

My only concern is, they haven't played anybody yet that can really stand up to them. How will they react when they play someone who matches up physically and skill wise to them?

Yeah, but the only time that really happens is when a team doesn't trust what they're doing and Michigan trusts what they're doing. They got a crazy amount of confidence on both sides of the ball....and so does Washington. I don't think Dabo completely trusts Deshaun throwing the ball (or his team really which is why he had his star QB running and getting hurt when they were up 30-0) and I know Bama is always one bad offensive series from Saban going ape shyt on Kiffin and they'll start handing off the ball for 3 straight series with a screen sprinkled in.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Top rival games for rivalry week look to be Michigan/OSU, Iron Bowl and the Apple Cup that game ain't been big since Bledsoe vs Brunell or the year Ryan Leaf was at Washington St.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
What buckeyes NEED to be confused about is why wilton speight has already played a season on par with JT barrett thus far on the LOW with less football played because michigan killing fools:

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA TD INT SACK RAT
Speight this week 19 24 362 79.2 15.08 2 0 1 233.4
Barrett this week 26 38 290 68.4 7.63 4 0 0 167.3
Speight season 149 231 2053 64.5 8.89 15 3 12 158
Barrett season 171 265 1965 64.5 7.42 21 4 12 149.9

So you tell ME who has had a better season...all this early heisman barrett talk and hes getting at WORST equally played by a first year starter.

@MustafaSTL @smitty22 @OSUBaneBrowns you gonna learn
So you're just gonna ignore the near 600 rushing yards, way more passing TDs, and 6 rushing TDs or nah?

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
I just think they're playing better. Bama's D will always be what it is, but they got a freshman QB at the helm and I don't think they'd be able to move the ball if they played each other right now. Harbs' folks are smart enough to force the kid to pass to win and he's not capable of that if you've been watching him this season. He's athletic and can make some throws, but he's mostly erratic. It'd be a repeat of the UM vs Wisc game earlier this year. It's the same type of squads/matchup
Have u even watched a game this year lol? LSU has a great defense and Death Valley is one of the toughest places to play we obviously had a vanilla game plan. Hurts is more than adequate. I would be way more concerned about Michigan and Wilson Speight being able to move the ball against our defense buddy.

Didn't Michigan just give up over 200 yards rushing to an awful Michigan state team? lmaooo juts stop breh.. Michigan plays no one its easy to look good week in and week out when u are playing rutgers and maryland every week. And don't ever compare Wisc to Bama again if u want to be taken seriously

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Yeah, but the only time that really happens is when a team doesn't trust what they're doing and Michigan trusts what they're doing. They got a crazy amount of confidence on both sides of the ball....and so does Washington. I don't think Dabo completely trusts Deshaun throwing the ball (or his team really which is why he had his star QB running and getting hurt when they were up 30-0) and I know Bama is always one bad offensive series from Saban going ape shyt on Kiffin and they'll start handing off the ball for 3 straight series with a screen sprinkled in.
Lol I really hope we do get Michigan. What the fukk do u think Wilson Speight is going to do against our defense?

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
I didnt know there was a real question :dahell:

The answer is, the offense was flowing through Speight so well that michigan didnt need to do anything fancy on offense, so peppers was used rarely on O,and on defense, as a rover LB, he lines up everywhere......every game this season has had a defensive rotation like that...he plays everywhere on D because he can do anything on defense. His base position is rover OLB and he goes where the offensive play or blitz dictates.
Geeze I know what it literally means. Didn't know I had to ask so specifically. This was tweeted as if he did anything significant, like it adds to his Heisman run. Behind all the "lining up at multiple positions" tweet, he had like 3 tackles and a handful of yards. But gets credit for doing what a regular safety does (line up in the box, cover WR when spread out, cover slot on nickel coverages). This is the first time I've seen someone get credit for lining up at different positions without having to produce at each one. Gets credit for lining up at WR yet he has 3 catches on the season. It's cool, it'll all come to light.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Geeze I know what it literally means. Didn't know I had to ask so specifically. This was tweeted as if he did anything significant, like it adds to his Heisman run. Behind all the "lining up at multiple positions" tweet, he had like 3 tackles and a handful of yards. But gets credit for doing what a regular safety does (line up in the box, cover WR when spread out, cover slot on nickel coverages). This is the first time I've seen someone get credit for lining up at different positions without having to produce at each one. Gets credit for lining up at WR yet he has 3 catches on the season. It's cool, it'll all come to light.
Lol the Peppers hype is so absurd. Dude can't cover WRs and he isn't even a top 5 LB in the country. And the offensive shyt is irrelevant and he isn't a top 5 returner either. Just because he can line up anywhere doesn't make him effective lmao

calh45

Cal
Daps
Have u even watched a game this year lol? LSU has a great defense and Death Valley is one of the toughest places to play we obviously had a vanilla game plan. Hurts is more than adequate. I would be way more concerned about Michigan and Wilson Speight being able to move the ball against our defense buddy.

Didn't Michigan just give up over 200 yards rushing to an awful Michigan state team? lmaooo juts stop breh.. Michigan plays no one its easy to look good week in and week out when u are playing rutgers and maryland every week. And don't ever compare Wisc to Bama again if u want to be taken seriously

A freshman QB winning the championship ain't in the cards with the other teams on the table this year. Bama's defense would need to be better and the only legit QB they faced on the level of Speight/Browning/Watson (I'll throw him in here because when he's on he's great) is Chad Kelly and he roasted y'all so it's not like the defense is a world beater. Ole Miss ain't capable of playing defense like anywhere near Clemson/UW/Michigan. Considering your screen name I'm just gonna go ahead and stop right here with you.

acbjr22

110er Gang
Daps
I honestly believe Louisville is the best team in the country. They should have beat Clemson and I thought they outplayed them. A few bad turnovers and mishaps cost them.

Louisville would beat Alabama. They would beat any team without a great offense. Jalen Hurts is just a freshman so he isn't going to be lighting teams up.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
A freshman QB winning the championship ain't in the cards with the other teams on the table this year. Bama's defense would need to be better and the only legit QB they faced on the level of Speight/Browning/Watson (I'll throw him in here because when he's on he's great) is Chad Kelly and he roasted y'all so it's not like the defense is a world beater. Ole Miss ain't capable of playing defense like anywhere near Clemson/UW/Michigan. Considering your screen name I'm just gonna go ahead and stop right here with you.
Who cares if he is a freshman? Some ppl mature faster obviously he is one of them. And Alabama has so much talent around him he doesn't have to be as good as those other guys to win. Speight hasn't done shyt against a good defense so I'm just going to stop u right there. And he definitely won't do shyt against our defense.

If u think Speight will move the ball against our defense but we won't be able to move the ball against their defense then u really need to stop talking CFB