The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm sure there are a lot of kids who don't want to live in a big city like LA and would rather play somewhere like Oregon.

Helfrich just isn't a HC I've always said he sucks. Kiffin would be great there he's an amazing recruiter

I think Kiffin goes to LSU.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
what has been some of the best hires made from this past offseason? Aranda has been pretty good. I was a big fan of the guy Michigan hired at DC. He had an elite defense at Boston College last year.
Don Brown was a good hire for michigan, Schiano got our secondary with 3 new starters looking like tops in the country

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
What if Chip Kelly came back?

Spurrier went to the league...came back. South Carolina was lucky, to be in the right place at the right time. (he's their GOAT coach)

Saban went to the league....came back. Bama was LUCKY (He's up there with Bear Bryant)

Harbaugh went to the league....came back. Michigan was LUCKY, (He's easily our best coach of the past 25 years IMO).

Kelly went to the league......he's coming back (NFL aint for him IMO)....someone is gonna be LUCKY

Last edited:

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
what has been some of the best hires made from this past offseason? Aranda has been pretty good. I was a big fan of the guy Michigan hired at DC. He had an elite defense at Boston College last year.
Aranda's replacement at Wisconsin Justin Wilcox is doing better than him

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Spurrier went to the league...came back. South Carolina was lucky, to be in the right place at the right time. (he's their GOAT coach)

Saban went to the league....came back. Bama was LUCKY (He's up there with Bear Bryant)

Harbaugh went to the league....came back. Michigan was LUCKY, (He's easily our best coach of the past 25 years IMO).

Kelly went to the league......he's coming back (NFL aint for him IMO)....someone is gonna be LUCKY
I doubt it'll be this year. I don't think 49ers let go of him after one year

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I disagree Oregon has great facilities, great unis, and a identity, kids still wanna go there it's Helfrich who hasn't been able to sustain their brand.

I love Oklahoma they're my favorite school outside of LSU but their mystique is starting to fade a bit.

Nah, our "mystique" actually jumped back up the past couple years. That win over Alabama was big for recruiting(got us Joe Mixon and Perine) and that playoff berth spawned us having what's shaping up to be Stoops best recruiting class maybe ever. Although that Ohio St drumming may have impacted that.

Oregon has great facilities, unis.....but it's not Los Angeles, it's not Austin, etc....that's the point I'm making. The average kid hears Eugene Oregon and doesn't know what's there.

With all that stuff you listed, AND given their success the past decade, Oregon should be recruiting itself. But location is key.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'm sure there are a lot of kids who don't want to live in a big city like LA and would rather play somewhere like Oregon.

Helfrich just isn't a HC I've always said he sucks. Kiffin would be great there he's an amazing recruiter

Oregon never got truly elite talent though, even under Chip Kelly. Which is why they had to run the gimmick offenses in order to compete.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Oregon never got truly elite talent though, even under Chip Kelly. Which is why they had to run the gimmick offenses in order to compete.
They haven't been a top program for a long time they were getting there with Chip. If he would have stayed they would be pulling top 10 classes consistently right now. They are still getting top 15ish every year with fukking helfrich.

Kiffin would do wonders all the top QBs would be flocking there instead of having to rely on transfers from the Big Sky conference every year. I think he's learned a lot from Saban Oregon should give him a chance he is the next best available besides Herman. If they can't get Chip back of course

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
One big plus of hiring Kiffin would be that Oregon would get Tua Tagovailoa for sure. He's the next Marcus Mariota. Or at the very least he could get Barnett to transfer there.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
They haven't been a top program for a long time they were getting there with Chip. If he would have stayed they would be pulling top 10 classes consistently right now. They are still getting top 15ish every year with fukking helfrich.

Kiffin would do wonders all the top QBs would be flocking there instead of having to rely on transfers from the Big Sky conference every year. I think he's learned a lot from Saban Oregon should give him a chance he is the next best available besides Herman. If they can't get Chip back of course
:comeon: They just played in the cfp title game 2 years ago. And they were a play away from winning a national title against Auburn.

They should've been able to capitalize off that. But it's hard to recruit Oregon. Even Chip had to cheat.