The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
i'm chillin and very calm, so no need to calm down....just pointing out what you said makes no sense....hot seat after 1 bad year....lol ok..

key words there: since he started winning....that means since he started winning, he's allowed to have an off year without someone saying he on the hot seat...same thing with jimbo....
Auburn fired their coach 2 seasons after winning a natl title breh.. dont act like it never happened before when it just happened lol..Saban is allowed but fans would still be pissed. And like I said Jimbo isnt on Saban's level so yea bad comparison.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Auburn fired their coach 2 seasons after winning a natl title breh.. dont act like it never happened before when it just happened lol..Saban is allowed but fans would still be pissed. And like I said Jimbo isnt on Saban's level so yea bad comparison.

auburn wasnt getting the recruits fsu and jimbo are either...i'm not acting like it's never happened, just pointing out it's not the norm like you trying to make it seem...

never said he was on saban's level, just used saban to show you how ridiculous the hot seat comment was...but since you wanna keep bringing it up, he's not on saban's level you say...lets look at those numbers: in his first 6 years as a head coach (not counting this year) jimbo has a better record (68-14 vs 43-26-1) and won more titles (1 nat & 3 conf vs 1 conf) than saban had in his first 6 years as a head coach....but let me guess, you only talking about nick's years at bama right?....

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
auburn wasnt getting the recruits fsu and jimbo are either...i'm not acting like it's never happened, just pointing out it's not the norm like you trying to make it seem...

never said he was on saban's level, just used saban to show you how ridiculous the hot seat comment was...but since you wanna keep bringing it up, he's not on saban's level you say...lets look at those numbers: in his first 6 years as a head coach (not counting this year) jimbo has a better record (68-14 vs 43-26-1) and won more titles (1 nat & 3 conf vs 1 conf) than saban had in his first 6 years as a head coach....but let me guess, you only talking about nick's years at bama right?....
Auburn stays getting good recruits what are u talking about lol?

And um yea Im obviously talking about them as coaches right now...?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Auburn stays getting good recruits what are u talking about lol?

And um yea Im obviously talking about them as coaches right now...?

no, auburn doesnt get the recruits fsu gets...fsu has been in the top 5 recruiting every year since jimbo took over, auburn, not so much....dont let the sec bias fool you...

but not including this year, one has been coaching 20 years and the other 6, so why compare 20 to 6 instead of just the first 6 to 6?...i know why, cause it disproves whatever point you were trying to make lol...and i like saban as a coach by the way...but it's cool, you can have it....

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
no, auburn doesnt get the recruits fsu gets...fsu has been in the top 5 recruiting every year since jimbo took over, auburn, not so much....dont let the sec bias fool you...

but not including this year, one has been coaching 20 years and the other 6, so why compare 20 to 6 instead of just the first 6 to 6?...i know why, cause it disproves whatever point you were trying to make lol...and i like saban as a coach by the way...but it's cool, you can have it....
Go back and look for urself if u want to be proven wrong or just keep spewing ignorance.. Auburn had top 5 classes in 2010 and 2011, gene was out in 2012.. And they have had top 10 classes every year under gus.

I mean yea like I said there is no comparison. Jimbo isnt going nowhere unless it gets really bad. like i said

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go back and look for urself if u want to be proven wrong or just keep spewing ignorance.. Auburn had top 5 classes in 2010 and 2011, gene was out in 2012.. And they have had top 10 classes every year under gus.

I mean yea like I said there is no comparison. Jimbo isnt going nowhere unless it gets really bad. like i said

nothing i've spewed has been wrong/ignorant....he was out cause auburn had 1 good year under gene: the year he got a transfer named cam....just like they've had 1 good year under gus, so it wouldnt surprise me if he's gone very soon too.....those are examples of coaches on the hot seat (whether it was warranted or not)...not jimbo, which you trying to imply....

the comparison was to show that jimbo wouldnt be on the hot seat just like saban wouldnt be, you turned it into some type of career comparison...when the numbers show his career so far is just as good, if not better than saban's, you then turned it into a lifetime comparison...lol aight man.....as for 'if it turns really bad', i know you want to be right, but you're not....the man has earned the right to have a bad year or 2 before he gets the hot seat talk...

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
nothing i've spewed has been wrong/ignorant....he was out cause auburn had 1 good year under gene: the year he got a transfer named cam....just like they've had 1 good year under gus, so it wouldnt surprise me if he's gone very soon too.....those are examples of coaches on the hot seat (whether it was warranted or not)...not jimbo, which you trying to imply....

the comparison was to show that jimbo wouldnt be on the hot seat just like saban wouldnt be, you turned it into some type of career comparison...when the numbers show his career so far is just as good, if not better than saban's, you then turned it into a lifetime comparison...lol aight man.....as for 'if it turns really bad', i know you want to be right, but you're not....the man has earned the right to have a bad year or 2 before he gets the hot seat talk...
u were 100% wrong about auburn not having good recruiting classes:usure:

u can say the same thing about Jimbo he had one good year because of Jameis.. Winning 7 games would be the same as Auburn winning 4-5 games. FSU only has 2 maybe 3 teams on their scheudle every year that can even compete with them talent wise..im jimbo has a bad year yes he will be on the hot seat but that doesnt mean he will be fired. not a hard concept to grasp breh

lets just stop mentioning saban and jimbo in the same conversation

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
If Jimbo starts winning 7-8 games, he's GONE. This guy is getting classes in the same tier as OSU and UA, for them to lose 4 games, using this season as an example, they lose to Miami, Florida, and Clemson. Those are all teams that are clearly a step below in terms of potential talent, especially with Clemson not looking like they have it all upstairs. Even tho FSU should've probably lost to OM, which clearly shows they aren't a real top 10 team, they're built to be a top 10 team and they got the expectations of being a top 10 team. Jimbo has NO wiggle room because of that program and where they are to not win 9+ games every year, and based off what this team was supposed to be, 9 wins is insulting in and of itself

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
lol no it wont....he just won a nat title, but he'll be on the hot seat for having 2 'bad' years...lmao.....some of yall really do have unrealistic expectations....
Alot of people are now feeling like I was a few weeks back. Jameis made that man's career and carried him to the tier of Sabans and D'Antonios that he clearly did not deserve to be on. A mass exodus of talent may have hurt but that aint the first time FSU had to restock talent under Jimbo. Losing the greatest god damn QB and leader that program may have ever seen is what did it. They haven't had a leader since, and it gets more and more prevalent every major game. Its hard to find the right mix of vocal leadership and god given talent in a young QB, and I definitely don't and probably won't see that in Francois any time soon. Hell FSU doesn't have that type of player on that side of the ball. Until they do, Jimbo being a fukkup will always have more of an impact on the offense than any talent the QB has

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
u were 100% wrong about auburn not having good recruiting classes:usure:

u can say the same thing about Jimbo he had one good year because of Jameis.. Winning 7 games would be the same as Auburn winning 4-5 games. FSU only has 2 maybe 3 teams on their scheudle every year that can even compete with them talent wise..im jimbo has a bad year yes he will be on the hot seat but that doesnt mean he will be fired. not a hard concept to grasp breh

lets just stop mentioning saban and jimbo in the same conversation

compare those classes to fsu getting top 5 for the last 6 years...like you've been saying: no comparison

one good year? the man has won 68 games in 6 years, how is that 1 good year? lol....lol at 7 equaling 4/5; but if they've been getting top 10 classes like you say, they should be winning more than 4/5, right? that's the true def of hot seat, not 1 bad year.....lol at 'they only have 2 or 3 teams talent wise that can compete with them'...the same can be said for the majority of big time programs, but if those programs dont go undefeated, doesnt mean the coach gonna be on the hot seat...you right, it's not a hard concept to grasp, but i dont think you understand what the hot seat means....

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alot of people are now feeling like I was a few weeks back. Jameis made that man's career and carried him to the tier of Sabans and D'Antonios that he clearly did not deserve to be on. A mass exodus of talent may have hurt but that aint the first time FSU had to restock talent under Jimbo. Losing the greatest god damn QB and leader that program may have ever seen is what did it. They haven't had a leader since, and it gets more and more prevalent every major game. Its hard to find the right mix of vocal leadership and god given talent in a young QB, and I definitely don't and probably won't see that in Francois any time soon. Hell FSU doesn't have that type of player on that side of the ball. Until they do, Jimbo being a fukkup will always have more of an impact on the offense than any talent the QB has

jameis was only there 2 years...they won 27 with him, in the other 4 years without, jimbo won 41...think that's doing pretty damn good.....and yes, the exodus of talent does hurt, there is no maybe about it...not only did he lose the players, he's lost coaches....i do agree about jameis, but that doesnt mean francois is just some shyt...just means he's not jameis...

...but it's whatever, the only reason i got into this convo was cause of the 'hot seat' comment....to say that man would be on the hot seat if he won 9 games next year (didnt even talk about this year), is just ridiculous...

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
lmao just check the recruiting sites if u don't believe me:dahell:auburn stays getting recruits...

FSU is guaranteed to win at least 7 games a year basically with their schedule. not sure why u are acting like jimbo cant be put on the hot seat. if clemson beats down fsu like louisville did and miami or florida beats them then shyt will already be heating up

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
If Jimbo starts winning 7-8 games, he's GONE. This guy is getting classes in the same tier as OSU and UA, for them to lose 4 games, using this season as an example, they lose to Miami, Florida, and Clemson. Those are all teams that are clearly a step below in terms of potential talent, especially with Clemson not looking like they have it all upstairs. Even tho FSU should've probably lost to OM, which clearly shows they aren't a real top 10 team, they're built to be a top 10 team and they got the expectations of being a top 10 team. Jimbo has NO wiggle room because of that program and where they are to not win 9+ games every year, and based off what this team was supposed to be, 9 wins is insulting in and of itself
exactly