The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
Both points can be true. Tennessee was flat, underestimated the opponent, and just made a ton of mistakes. But App State is also very good.

I think App State can be the Houston of this season. They'll be the breakout Group of 5 team. And the Sun Belt could be the AAC of this season. Already South Alabama and Texas State have pulled off upsets. App State and Lousiana-Lafayette almost pulled off upsets. I think a few more of their good teams can beat power 5 opponents.

Just don't forget that I warned ya'll. September 17 they'll put a beat down on Miami.

You ever notice how crappy teams that play Tennessee, play them tight?

And suddenly you label them "breakout underdog sleeper underrated teams"?

Ever notice how they ALWAYS cover the spread against you?

Why do you think that is?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the best RB on planet earth Hurd averaged 3.9 YPC and Dobbs the #1 pick completed 55% of his passes with a pathetic 6.62 YPA. This was against 190 pound LBs and 5'9 corners facing 6 first round WRs :mjlol:

one game. we purposely didn't show much. apparently we ran the same 6 plays all game from the same formation.

lotta season left to play for my guys to show out.

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
one game. we purposely didn't show much. apparently we ran the same 6 plays all game from the same formation.

lotta season left to play for my guys to show out.

Did you purposely let the App State offense march up and down the field too? :leon:

Were the pregame instructions not to tackle the App State RB? :leon:

Butch Jones purposely taking overmatched teams to OT now :leon:

The strategy :leon:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You ever notice how crappy teams that play Tennessee, play them tight?

And suddenly you label them "breakout underdog sleeper underrated teams"?

Ever notice how they ALWAYS cover the spread against you?

Why do you think that is?

What crappy teams cover the spread against us? We regularly blew out scrubs last year. You forgot our annihilation of Northwestern in the outback bowl?

There was a reason we were #4 in the country at game control last year.

We led everyone and controlled every game.

2016 opener vs App State is really the outlier. Not your retarded point about us struggling with bad competition.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you purposely let the App State offense march up and down the field too? :leon:

Were the pregame instructions not to tackle the App State RB? :leon:

da fukk you talking bout?

From the 10 minute mark in the 2nd quarter on, our defense held them scoreless. They only had 292 yards total offense.

They scored 13 points. 7 came from a self-induced mistake by us when our All-American punt returner fumbled on the opening possession giving them a short field. Then they had that incredible wheel route play which resulted in another TD.

We sucked on offense. But our defense came to play.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
What crappy teams cover the spread against us? We regularly blew out scrubs last year. You forgot our annihilation of Northwestern in the outback bowl?

There was a reason we were #4 in the country at game control last year.

We led everyone and controlled every game.

2016 opener vs App State is really the outlier. Not your retarded point about us struggling with bad competition.
:bryan:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This dude went from predicting a 50 point margin of victory (Vegas had a spread of 24 points)...

..to copping pleas about how App State be the best team in the non-Power 5 :mjlol:

I've never seen them play before. Thought they were just another no name scrub team. But that's the beauty of college football. Every season brings surprises.

Who thought Memphis would be any good last year at this time? Who thought they would beat Ole Miss after getting slaughtered the year before?

App State will beat Miami week 3. Its Ole Miss/Memphis all over again.

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat
they almost lost to Boston College that year. Needed a crazy INT return TD by Ed Reed to hang on.

even the greatest teams have off nights.
They wasn't FCS tho so...
2OfQBcS.gif