The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
King Chuck back to where it all started. He knows Reggie McKenzie there from GB so it's no surprise OAK had interest.

I wish we kept him for his locker room leadership.. What he did in 2008, 2009 and 2010 was the best I've seen from a DB ever.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
What are we doing as far as the QB goes? Are we riding with Pryor?

:beli: T-Pry probably gonna be 3rd on the depth chart, its a toss up between Flynn and Wilson. I had hope for T-Pry, but the Raiders organization don't have any faith in him.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:blessed: :to: That's my favorite Raider ever. :obama: Really liking what McKenzie is doing this offseason.

Rick Roller 10

All Star
Daps
:beli: T-Pry probably gonna be 3rd on the depth chart, its a toss up between Flynn and Wilson. I had hope for T-Pry, but the Raiders organization don't have any faith in him.

They must see something in Pryor to keep him around this long.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
The Pro Football Hall of Fame isn't like the Baseball Hall of Fame in which a player must choose a team to identify himself with when being enshrined. But Charles Woodson told a radio station in Milwaukee Wisconsin Friday morning that when it comes his time to be enshrined in those hallowed halls in Canton, his intention is to go in as a Raider.

"I'm an Oakland Raider now. That's kind of the way I look at it," said Woodson when asked whether he would enter the Hall of Fame as a Packer or a Raider. "My whole plan was... to retire a Green Bay Packer. There was no thought of me ever leaving the Green Bay Packers. Life throws curve balls sometimes and you gotta take the plate. So, now I'm back with the Oakland Raiders and I don't foresee myself playing for any other team after that. If I play this year, maybe play next year, who knows, when it comes that time, I'm going probably with the last team I played for."

Woodson received a one-year deal from the Raiders. He will turn 37 in October when most NFL careers are long over. Injuries have piled up for him the past few seasons, most notably having broken his collarbone twice, including last season which cost him nine games.

The switch to safety last was made to try and prolong his career but safeties are asked to do more hitting and tackling than corners so the injury questions will continue. As he said, he would like to play more than one season and his health will play a large part in whether he will be able to do so.

"I see myself coming in and making an impact. There's a lot of talk about me as a player and now I can't do this, can't do that, but I don't see it that way and maybe I delusional but I don't think so. I look at myself coming in and making an impact, making a lot of plays."

The hope for the Raiders is to get at least one good season out of him. His base salary is a very manageable $1.38 million with playing time incentives that max out at $4 million. This protects the Raiders should Woodson not finish the season.

Even without taking a snap, Woodson has already played more season in Oakland (8) than in Green Bay (7) and would retire in Oakland as well. He had plenty of playoff success with both team including trips to the Super Bowl as a Raider and as a Packer. He was finally able to get his ring as a Packer two seasons ago.

The one big difference is what uniform he will be wearing when the music stops. And at this point, it looks to be his old/new #24 Raiders jersey.

Charles Woodson says he will enter Hall of Fame as Raider - Silver And Black Pride

That boy going in as a Raider:to: