The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Report: QB Palmer does not want to restructure contract

Quarterback Carson Palmer seems unwilling to restructure his contract with the Oakland Raiders, which could cause the team to release him, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Monday.

Reports lately have suggested Palmer and the Raiders would work out a deal, but that may not be the case.

Palmer is scheduled to make $13 million in base salary in 2013.

If Palmer, 33, and the Raiders cannot reach agreement on a restructured deal that is more cap-friendly, the Raiders would have to decide whether to keep him under the present terms of the contract or release him.

Palmer passed for 4,018 yards with 22 touchdowns and 14 interceptions last season.

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie has said that Terrelle Pryor will get a chance to compete for the starting position.

bigblue99

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
As a Cowboys fan and kinda know what yall are going thru, but my question to is why didn't the coach put Pryor in the game? I understand you want to win every game but by week 10 or 11 when you knew the playoff's weren't happening :yeshrug:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
As a Cowboys fan and kinda know what yall are going thru, but my question to is why didn't the coach put Pryor in the game? I understand you want to win every game but by week 10 or 11 when you knew the playoff's weren't happening :yeshrug:

:shaq2: We have a new coach who is probably scared of losing his job, and wants the "best chance" to win, so he stayed with Palmer. :beli: Funny thing is, :trash: Jamarcus Russell's record as QB was 8-19, Palmer's record as QB with the Raiders is 8-16, and Jason Campbell the 2 seasons he played for us was 11-7. :pachaha: Plus, I hope we can get some picks off of Palmer (no pun intended).

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
555322240.gif

bigblue99

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:shaq2: We have a new coach who is probably scared of losing his job, and wants the "best chance" to win, so he stayed with Palmer. :beli: Funny thing is, :trash: Jamarcus Russell's record as QB was 8-19, Palmer's record as QB with the Raiders is 8-16, and Jason Campbell the 2 seasons he played for us was 11-7. :pachaha: Plus, I hope we can get some picks off of Palmer (no pun intended).

So what is the fan's consensus on Pryor is the starting spot his if Palmer is traded (lets be real here you aint getting shyt for him):troll: or cut

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
So what is the fan's consensus on Pryor is the starting spot his if Palmer is traded (lets be real here you aint getting shyt for him):troll: or cut

:yeshrug: He has no zip on his passes and has accuracy issues. Plus, he floats the ball too much, which is just begging to be picked off. But, he has really been busting his ass though to improve and has changed tenfold since his OSU days. He has been humble, and hasn't had no issues not being in the spotlight like in college. He has turned into a hard worker, and has leader qualities. Plus, he is still young, and is one of the fastest QB's in the game, and is tall and strong as hell. So he has the athletic tools, but he has QB's issues. But, there is times where the coach has to play him full time for a couple of games and see what he has. And with how the Reid-option has been on the rise and with the rise of more athletic and mobile QB's, TP has potential. If I was the Raiders, I would just cut Palmer, bring in another QB to back-up Pryor, and just let Pryor start for the whole year. We are in rebuilding mode, and if he is just really bad, terrible, or doesn't show in improvements throughout the season, than draft a new QB or spend money in FA to spend on another QB. :shaq2: But, with how our coach is, he would rather prefer Matt fukking Leinhart over Terrelle Pryor. :snoop:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Report: QB Palmer does not want to restructure contract

Quarterback Carson Palmer seems unwilling to restructure his contract with the Oakland Raiders, which could cause the team to release him, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Monday.

Reports lately have suggested Palmer and the Raiders would work out a deal, but that may not be the case.

Palmer is scheduled to make $13 million in base salary in 2013.

If Palmer, 33, and the Raiders cannot reach agreement on a restructured deal that is more cap-friendly, the Raiders would have to decide whether to keep him under the present terms of the contract or release him.

Palmer passed for 4,018 yards with 22 touchdowns and 14 interceptions last season.

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie has said that Terrelle Pryor will get a chance to compete for the starting position.

Cut this nikka already :pacspit: