The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BWe1JAwCMAA0VK7.jpg

:dahell:

Those delay of game penalties were killing me. How many times do you need to be reminded to watch the play clock?

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Yall gotta remember that some people had us getting the first pick in the draft next year. This team is going to have games like this against elite teams this year. Pryor is so good that he had yall thinking we were suppose to beat a 5-0 team. We will have our time to shine, its just not gonna happen this season.
Kansas City is not an elite team. Give us a healthy oline and we would have dominated.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I was loosely using the term elite. My point is some peoples expectations are too high. Losses like this should be expected this season.

Exactly bruh, people forget we were supposed to be competing for the number 1 pick :heh: Pryor is not gona show up and magically solve everything :dead:

I think we win 6-8 games this year brehs, draft O line and get a solid running back in the latter rounds

I think its a wrap for D-Mac :to:

Bender Rodriguez

The Coli's Resident Mexican
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fábrica Robótica De La Madre
Exactly bruh, people forget we were supposed to be competing for the number 1 pick :heh: Pryor is not gona show up and magically solve everything :dead:

I think we win 6-8 games this year brehs, draft O line and get a solid running back in the latter rounds

I think its a wrap for D-Mac :to:

Sadly enough i feel if we get rid of Dmac he will flourish somewhere else, no one can use him right and when they do they shy away from it, its fukkin frustrating to root for the guy when he isnt given much to begin with

Bender Rodriguez

The Coli's Resident Mexican
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fábrica Robótica De La Madre
I feel you breh but hes always injured :to:

have you seen the line thats supposed to set him up??? they exactly havent been the best throughout the years, Pryor found that out right away. Can you blame the guy for wanting to run it right away? yeah he gets injured but its not all on him. theres nothing to set him up so he can break free and do his thang, you can only do so much juking and jiving before you got 4 men raining on you

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Raiders QB Terrelle Pryor: 'We'll get to the playoffs'

Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor might have been sacked 10 times in Oakland's loss to Kansas City on Sunday, but that didn't do anything to dampen his enthusiasm about the future of the 2-4 Raiders. Pryor thinks that future will include the team's first playoff berth since 2002.

"We have to come together and start creating," Pryor said, via CSNCalifornia.com. "We'll be back; 2-4; we'll get to the playoffs."

That's definitely better than your quarterback saying 'we won't get to the playoffs.'

We can probably agree that the Raiders won't be getting to the playoffs by winning the AFC West, but a Wild Card berth isn't completely out of the question. The Raiders only trail Miami by 1.5 games for the No. 6 spot in the AFC and Oakland's remaining schedule isn't exactly difficult.

Over their final 10 games, the Raiders only play two teams that are currently over .500 (Denver, Kansas City). That means Oakland still has eight games left against teams that are currently .500 or below.

Even with the favorable schedule, the Raiders aren't going to do anything this season if Pryor doesn't play better and he seemed to realize that after Oakland's 24-7 loss to Kansas City.

"Defensively, we played great. Offensively, we played great," Pryor said, via the Contra Costa Times. "It was just [me]. That's the only way I'm going to get better is taking the blame that's really my blame. I can't play like I played [against the Chiefs] or I won't be here very long."

If it sounds like Pryor was completely blaming himself for the loss, he was.

"What disappoints me is we lost the game because of me; that's how I look at it," Pryor said. "I deserved them hits, because I didn't get the ball out, and on one play I called the wrong protection. You make mistakes like that, you deserve to get pile-driven into the ground."

The Raiders will have a bye in Week 7 before starting their renewed playoff quest at home against the Steelers in Week 8.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's a rookie,this was definitly a setback but he won't be playing D like this every week. They line was pushing our O line back and Hali was just beastin comin around that corner:whoo:...the only part I didn't like seein from Pryor is that he looked like he was getting frustrated out there which he had every right to. But you can't show that to your teamates when you the leader,after a while he just couldn't hide it any more. O line injuries had us helpless

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
ALAMEDA -- Raiders head coach Dennis Allen considers Terrelle Pryor his starting quarterback of the present and future. He made that declaration on Monday afternoon, a day after Pryor’s worst start as a pro.

The 24-year old has shown progress and flashed potential worthy of such distinction, but his sample size is incredibly small. No matter. Allen can see Pryor at the helm of a franchise he’s charged with leading toward renaissance.

One disappointing performance in Kansas City won’t change that fact. In Pryor they still trust.

“Yeah absolutely,” Allen said. “I mean, I don’t think he played as well as he would have liked. But again, he’s still a young player. That was only his fifth start of the season. So he still has a lot growing to do and a lot of getting better to do, but he’s a talented player and we’re going to try and continue to build with him and try to grow with him.”

Pryor appreciates the vote of confidence. He’s just not comfortable taking compliments when failure’s sour taste remains. Pryor refuses to back down from Sunday’s stance, that he alone destroyed an opportunity to upset the Kansas City Chiefs.