The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mascot is ridiculous...either a pirate or a Al Davis lookalike rolling around the field on a black Hover Round would be the only acceptable mascots:ufdup:....until then the fans dressed up like the road warriors with the spike shoulder pads are the mascots....fuk this shyt they tryna do

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The Raiders projected 2013 starting tight end, David Ausberry's season is now over before it even began. The third year tight end has been placed on injured reserve, ending his season officially.

Ausberry suffered a shoulder injury in the team's second preseason game and hasn't played a snap since. The team had hoped he would return to action soon and he had been working on the sideline in practice which led many to believe he would join his teammates in practice. But after three weeks of the season, he had yet to practice and for the third-straight week was ruled out on the team's injury list.

To fill his spot on the active roster, the team signed offensive lineman, Lamar Mady from the practice squad. Mady is an undrafted rookie out of Youngstown State. He is expected to back up both guard positions while Lucas Nix remains limited by an ankle injury he suffered in last week's game. Andre Gurode will start at left guard for the first time as a Raider.

In Ausberry's stead, Jeron Mastrud and rookie Mychal Rivera have gotten the only passes by tight ends. The Raiders' other tight end is fellow rookie round six pick, Nick Kasa.
:snoop: :beli: I had high hopes for Ausberry too. Rivera has looked good so far, looking like Aaron Hernandez out there. :mjpls:

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Jon Gruden sat down with Greg Papa to talk Raiders. This was transcribed from an interview on Bay Area radio station, 95.7 The Game:

With the Raiders set to face the Broncos tonight, Monday Night Football host and former Raiders head coach, Jon Gruden sat down with Greg Papa to talk Raiders. He had a great many takes on things ranging from Terrelle Pryor and the spread offense, Greg Olson's offense, not wanting to draft Sebastian Janikowski, JaMarcus Russell ending his coaching career, Charles Woodson's maturity evolution, whether he will coach again, and his Raiders room in his house.

On his experience with Terrelle Pryor:

"What you did realize is, forget the size and the speed, deep down underneath all of it is a guy with a great ambition to be great. And he also realizes he needs help. He's a raw, unfinished product prospect and he was looking for help and I admire that."

On Pryor's style of play and whether a team can win with the spread offense:

"I don't know that you can win the whole thing because the Super Bowl is played at the end of the season. And I think the hits, the contact takes its toll on these quarterbacks. I don't know that Terrelle Pryor can carry the ball 11 times a game and be a factor throwing the ball in pro football because the Super Bowl doesn't happen until your 19th or 20th game. So, that's my biggest concern. I think defenses are catching up with it a little bit, you can see Griffin's 0-3, Kaepernick has struggled the last couple weeks, he's got a lot to prove yet."

On the job Greg Olson has done with turmoil in Raiders offense of late:

"Unbelievable. And when you think about Veldheer at left tackle, Alex Barron's the left tackle, now let's put Menelik Watson at left tackle, let's move Khalif Barnes, our right tackle, to left tackle and let's bring in Tony Pashos who we've never met. You're on your third left guard. Unbelievable job keeping it competitive, taking what every offensive player can do and giving him a piece of the pie. There's something for Jacoby Ford, there's something for McFadden, there's something for Jennings, I admire him for that."

"He comes from my background, the West Coast Offense background. My only concern with Olson, and I told him this, ‘wherever you go the head coach gets fired'. Mariucci got fired, dikk Jauron got fired, Linehan got fired, and sure enough, I got fired. That's the only downside with Olson, I call it bad luck with a slip rock."

On the moment that eventually got him fired in Tampa Bay:

"JaMarcus Russell took it to me. We had a ten-point lead in the fourth quarter and JaMarcus Russell took it to me and ended my career. The greatest day of my life was winning the Super Bowl against the Raiders and the worst day ever [was losing to them]... look at me now."

Charles Woodson's maturity evolving from when he coached him until now:

"Amazing. When I was with the Raiders, he was a cornerback exclusively and I can remember him playing really well, but practice was a different story. Sometimes after practice, Woodson would get in the car with Charlie Garner and Andre Rison and I said ‘Oh, no, there he goes'. And I had to call Charles in and say ‘Look, if you practice better, I'll play you on offense'. And sure enough, we put in Fremont personnel, we started throwing Woodson passes. And I used that as a bribe to get him to practice better. But over the course of the years he's really matured as a man, he's become one of the all-time greats, and to see him come back to black hole and finish... I got tears in my eyes when they announced him last week. It was just emotional for him I know and it was emotional for his old coach."

On his not wanting to draft Sebastian Janikowski in the first round in 2000:

"I wanted Sylvester Morris and I also wanted Shaun Alexander because Napoleon Kaufman as you know what considering retiring and I got wind of that and I was really concerned. My old boss Mike Holmgren was with the Seahawks when they were in the AFC West so I kind of wanted Alexander and Sylvester Morris. We had Joe Nedney who was a pretty good kicker and we got Janikowski and thank God for Raiders fans, they listened to Al Davis and not me. I'll say he was right."

On whether he will coach again:

"I do get the itch a lot. I miss it tremendously. There are some things I don't miss at all. There are things I don't understand like what a CBA is exactly, what an illegal hit is, I don't know if Tatum and Atkinson could survive in today's game. But I do have an ambition to coach some day."

On being a Raider at heart

"I grew up with the Raiders. Even though my dad didn't coach for the Raiders, I grew up a Raider fan and yes, absolutely I consider myself a Raider. You should see my house. I got a nice little room where you would think I'm still with the Raiders. A Raider room. I got a lot of old memorabilia. When I first got the head coaching job, I had a dinner set up with the Legends. So, I go out, I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but I'm there and Jack Tatum, George Atkinson, there's Clarence Davis, Ben Davidson, Daryl Lamonica, Marv Hubbard, Jim Plunkett walks in. Fred Billetnikoff and Willie Brown are on my staff and I said ‘No wonder Madden won a lot of games with these guys'. I got chills on the sideline, I got excited being down there on the field with those guys. I got stronger, I got more confident being around them and I enjoyed working for Al Davis. I like the mystique of the Raiders and I like being a part of it."

Chucky still love the Raidaz:myman:That's my former head coach:to: Hope he comes back 1 day..

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
offense depends on pryor legs and taking what the defense gives him to pass and will we see the mcfadden who killed denver in that 55 point route of the mcfadden who going to only give us 20 carries 60 yards.

special teams is the key.. no kickoff or punt returns to denver

and i prey they watch tapes of peyton playoff games where he struggle...

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Concept_helmet_1.jpg

GAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!