The Nice Guys (Gosling, Crowe and Shane Black)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Saw this last night. Loved it. Great dialogue, subverts expectation in a lot of ways if you know how buddy cop flicks or crime noir flicks normally go, and it's funny. Also, like any Shane Black flick, it doesn't skimp on the violence or try to make light of it. I've got a couple small hangups with it but nothing too serious. Would definitely see it again and I may just do that

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i wanna go see this with my girl (she really wants to see it)
but i just do not like Russell Crowe
on boys, i dont even know why
i just cant stand his face

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i wanna go see this with my girl (she really wants to see it)
but i just do not like Russell Crowe
on boys, i dont even know why
i just cant stand his face

Crowe is dope in the movie man. Gosling steals the show though but Crowe is a great straight man

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those who have already seen it, were most of the best moments in the trailers?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just got back from it. It's really good but I wouldn't say it's as good as Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, the biggest reason being that some of the movie's more serious moments (or better, attempts at serious moments) fall kinda flat because of all the dark humor and general goofiness around it take away from it. Luckily the movie represents Shane Black at his best, a strongly constructed and cleverly written buddy cop movie (except no cop) riding on tremendous chemistry between the lead actors. Gosling and Crowe both kill it, although Gosling definitely is the one stealing the show with his hilarious antics.

Some of my favorite parts (not really spoiling but still maybe spoiling):

The entire protest scene. :laff:

Gosling simping the black chick.:deadrose:

Every time they brought up Hitler.:dead:

How everybody kept catching strays throughout the whole goddamn movie.:deadmanny:

For those who have already seen it, were most of the best moments in the trailers?

Not so much the jokes as the violence really, as the off-guard surprise/shock element is a big deal with them and some of those are in the trailer.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I fukking hated Iron Man 3 but this seems like a genre/type of movie Black would be good at directing so I'm definitely gonna peep this, and obviously it has Crowe and Gosling in it whom I both love.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Just got back from it. It's really good but I wouldn't say it's as good as Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, the biggest reason being that some of the movie's more serious moments (or better, attempts at serious moments) fall kinda flat because of all the dark humor and general goofiness around it take away from it. Luckily the movie represents Shane Black at his best, a strongly constructed and cleverly written buddy cop movie (except no cop) riding on tremendous chemistry between the lead actors. Gosling and Crowe both kill it, although Gosling definitely is the one stealing the show with his hilarious antics.

Some of my favorite parts (not really spoiling but still maybe spoiling):

The entire protest scene. :laff:

Gosling simping the black chick.:deadrose:

Every time they brought up Hitler.:dead:

How everybody kept catching strays throughout the whole goddamn movie.:deadmanny:

Not so much the jokes as the violence really, as the off-guard surprise/shock element is a big deal with them and some of those are in the trailer.
how many movies you seen this year so far breh