The new Star Wars video game is under attack - CNN [UPDATE: DICE turns off in-game purchases]

Do you care about lootboxes?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • No.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • I'm broke.

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
You guys complain about this stuff, simply don't buy. I never purchase in game stuff and always enjoy my games. You don't need to get that rainbow light saber dlc or whatever bullshyt they are trying to sell you to enjoy the game.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
You guys complain about this stuff, simply don't buy. I never purchase in game stuff and always enjoy my games. You don't need to get that rainbow light saber dlc or whatever bullshyt they are trying to sell you to enjoy the game.
The issue is when it becomes pay2win.
Give these companies an inch and they will take a mile. Withholding content that should have been in the base game beyond a paywall is becoming worse and worse.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

Spud34 in 1950: So what they have no ******s allowed and whites only signs? Don’t go

:snoop: It’s amazing how moronic some of you dudes are

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
I agree with just increasing the price of games to like 80$ or 100$ if you have to instead of these bytchmade underhanded tactics

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
To the people defending this, they are witholding gameplay content through microtransactions, not some dumb cosmetics stuff.

Gaming doesn't deserve this kind of greed

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'll never understand people defending the "it's only cosmetic" shyt.

fukk outta here. That's how it starts.
If that's how it stays, then its fine imo

the gaming industry, AAA in particular simply couldn't sustain itself before. if people are gonna cash out on cosmetics to the point where it pays for steady long-term support and consistent content releases, then everyone wins

the problem is when companies go full profits over product, and absolutely fukk their consumer base

i still don't know why 2k fans are okay with fukking create a player and franchise mode are smacked with progression walls. you can't even develop your own drafted rookies properly in franchise mode unless you play for weeks or cash out :dead:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
If that's how it stays, then its fine imo

the gaming industry, AAA in particular simply couldn't sustain itself before. if people are gonna cash out on cosmetics to the point where it pays for steady long-term support and consistent content releases, then everyone wins

the problem is when companies go full profits over product, and absolutely fukk their consumer base

i still don't know why 2k fans are okay with fukking create a player and franchise mode are smacked with progression walls. you can't even develop your own drafted rookies properly in franchise mode unless you play for weeks or cash out :dead:
But it's not how it stays.

And it's always the companies already making money hand over fist like EA and blizzard pushing this garbage

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
But it's not how it stays.

And it's always the companies already making money hand over fist like EA and blizzard pushing this garbage
Yeah it is how it stays for companies that aren't out to fukk their consumers lol

Blizzard isn't dealing with these problems and they got a pricetag on damn near every aesthetic in the game. Overwatch, Starcraft, Heroes of the Storm, Destiny now, etc - they don't attach a pricetag to meaningful progression and because of that there's no reason to be upset about it. It doesn't mess with your gameplay experience.

Actually the worst thing Blizzard has done was the real money auction house for Diablo 3 at release and that was an entirely community driven economy.

People need to legit examine the companies that are the biggest linesteppers with this and the lack of regulation, not the entire industry.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
DICE hasn't made a good game since Bad Company 2. Why are people even fukking with them? I thought everyone hated the last Star Wars games? Guess folks don't learn.

People need to legit examine the companies that are the biggest linesteppers with this and the lack of regulation, not the entire industry.

Whoa chill. The last thing we need is for the government to get involved. That would make matters infinitely worse.