The new Star Wars video game is under attack - CNN [UPDATE: DICE turns off in-game purchases]

Do you care about lootboxes?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • No.

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • I'm broke.

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
EA fukked up and didnt ease into it, they put almost everything behind a pay wall from the very start and it hit too many red flags with too many people and all it takes is 1 person to bust out a calculator and say :whoa:

the difference between this and GTA is I never felt I NEEDED to buy anything in GTA

taker597

Superstar
Daps
EA trying to gas the loot box craze hard in Need for Speed and Battlefront 2 to the point where they'll force the consumer. Need for Speed bombed and no one even noticed it. EA fukked up bad by giving excessive grind to the loot boxes/unlockable. Plus, they had no real cosmetics to give out to even sustain a loot box system. And Disney will refuse to take any bad PR so close to the Last Jedi release. Just complete incompetent all around by EA after the shytshow that was Battlefront 1. They somehow manage to outdo their bullshyt in the most asinine and something super easy to avoid.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Big reason why stopped buying alot of these new games. What's the point of a game where alot of the content and achievement is behind a pay wall when you already own the game? :heh: buying in-game currency is retarded af. Loot Boxes is just the logical progression for greedy companies whom already abused DLC.

I already paid $60 and that should be enough for the full experience without having to pay extra so miss me with all that deluxe editions n shyt. Ive never paid anything over the standard price. As soon as we went from expansion packs to launch paid DLC marked the end of gaming for me.

I have enough retro and older games in my backlog for a lifetime, I'm good. I'll buy new games from Nintendo and other companies who still have values.

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You know what's funny is that in the new need for speed the loot boxes is OPTIONAL... You don't have to buy them...
:ehh: but it does give players an unfair advantage if you unlock the cars meanwhile some rich a$$hole already got a McLaren at the start...:stopitslime:

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So what does that mean for geniuses like my man @Los! that bought the super nerd edition with the 40 loot boxes?
It means we ahead of the game and those who waited got alot of asswhippins and tears coming they way. Its not gonna be a enjoyable experience. But since you quoted me you can find that out 1st hand and cop the game.
giphy.gif

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
All this backlash means nothing if people are still buying the game :francis:

• Dap
Reactions: NZA