The New PS5 is a downgrade, Sony foul y'all

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This is a surprise to some of you :snoop:

When Sony announced they was no longer taking losses on consoles sold they also announced a new version of PS5 was ready and Sony fans thought that was a good thing :mjlol:

So the new systems run just shy of 10 degrees hotter on average :picard:

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Trolling aside this is something to pay attention to.

Looks like they shrunk the heat sink on the newer models and it shows because the newer ones do run significantly hotter than the launch models.

Im assuming that with proper ventilation this shouldn't be an issue. It's something to watch in the long run tho, especially now that SSDs can be added to the console.

I wonder how long this model has been in the wild :jbhmm:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
looks like I’ll be holding onto my OG models even if sony do eventually sell “slim” units or start selling different color PS5s…just waiting to see if they will sell their own custom plates…that’s the only change I want to make to it…I don’t foresee a “pro” unit this gen

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So I'm feeling some hostility :mjlol:
I don't get why this dude is taken seriously. 3° higher *exhaust* temperatures suggests that the newer, smaller heat sink is doing a better job of drawing and expelling heat away from the internal components.
I'll tell you why I'm taken seriously. Because I tell the truth. Now they said 8 to 9 degrees higher on average and they made it clear it wasn't doing a better job. Which I'll get into below...
:snoop: more than likely a higher exhaust temp means it could be cooling the internals even better than prior. Smh. nikkas who never built a damn computer in they life be the loudest ones. Austin Evans should know better.
nikkaz just making shyt up while lying and crying :picard:
A dumb nikka, they say it's a much smaller heat sink and it's cheap quality. They break down how it's no bueno and you just turned it into what you wanted to hear :laff:

Like the nikka didn't have the infrared to see if that heat was moving like you claiming :mjlol:
It's all good tho because they not taking a loss on systems anymore so this isn't even an issue. And it's not a coincidence they told you about that while doing this :martin:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Trolling aside this is something to pay attention to.

Looks like they shrunk the heat sink on the newer models and it shows because the newer ones do run significantly hotter than the launch models.

Im assuming that with proper ventilation this shouldn't be an issue. It's something to watch in the long run tho, especially now that SSDs can be added to the console.

I wonder how long this model has been in the wild :jbhmm:

I've long held onto the theory that the rumors of a 12TF Microsoft console when Mark Cerny realized he needed to go to Sony brass to revise the the PS5 that was going to come out in 2019. Due to generations lasting longer, a one year lead isn't really enough technologically. Cerny realized that more parity among the specs is needed. He is a genius at this stuff and they hit the winning formula last gen at 399. Sony could have just run back the formula this gen for 399 but they learned at Microsoft was going to throw the kitchen sink in at 499 and not have a 150 camera this time. Everyone knows that it was the gpu and the ram from last generation that set the PS4 down the path to success initially.

Now, to my point, you know how the ps5 came in hot, you don't start opening up hardware functions six months after release. Everything about the hardware works as intended out of the box. That's any multimedia device. It's like buying a pc and then having to wait for your USB-C ports to be active but you can still use the slower USB ports. A nuisance but one that definitively shows how not ready a device it was at the time of release in terms of full functionality. The wattage for the ps5 is 350w. That of the XSX is 315w. The ps5 has liquid cooling metal in it as well. Because they threw an anvil at an ant, I'm pretty sure that our launch ps5s are good. However, they threw said anvil at it because, in a mad dash to make 2020 with Microsoft, you have ultimately, a hotter console, even with custom cooling solutions while the gpu, cpu and ram are faster in the XSX with typical cooling. It's why the console is cavernous in size. Gotta get the heat out. Nothing has dissuaded me from thinking that we got the ps5.x.

I just hope Sony knows what they are doing with this rush to cut costs here.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don’t get it in the very same test it showed that the ps5 still runs much cooler than the series x

E99wauJX0AoGugq