The New Girl Season 5 Thread

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
mixed bag season opener.
Winston was great and i liked Nick telling the Indian woman to stop being mean to him or else he was going to fall in love wit her.

2nd post: I've been watching new girl on Netflix to refresh my memory on everything going on. So I'm in :ehh:. Megan Fox joining the show probably shows that they're struggling :francis:. I think the writers are struggling to come up with new ideas :beli:

i think Megan Fox is just replacing Zoey for a few episodes as she was having a baby etc.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
05-new-girl-season-5.w1200.h630.jpg

The show finally returns tonight on FOX after a long layoff due to Zoe's pregnancy in real life. Megan Fox will be joining the cast for a portion of the season due to that. Depending on how the ratings go upon its return, it wouldn't shock me if it turns out to be the last season of the show. FOX has struggled with comedies and most shows in general this year (sans Empire), so it does have a solid chance to keep going.
only natural they give homie the Freeway treatment in that pic...thats how it feels with him on the show...he just comes in when they need black validation then back into the shadows.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only natural they give homie the Freeway treatment in that pic...thats how it feels with him on the show...he just comes in when they need black validation then back into the shadows.
LOL, that's really how you feel? I don't get that at all. If anything, Winston is kept from most typical TV stereotypes. Genuinely one of the funniest characters. Especially last season.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
LOL, that's really how you feel? I don't get that at all. If anything, Winston is kept from most typical TV stereotypes. Genuinely one of the funniest characters. Especially last season.
i'm not saying his character itself is a stereotype..he's just like the rest of them...he just gets the usual black character treatment...

most episodes ive seen he's just in the background and in some the whole crew is out together doing shyt and he's nowhere to be found the entire time...

his character itself is normal though. i like him on the show overall.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
It's true that when Lamorne Morris was first cast as Winston, the writers didn't really know what to do with him. Especially considering the whole Coach thing in the pilot, and they would throw stuff at him to do and Lamorne is such a funny actor he can make a lot of it work. Now his character is more defined and he has a more clear role on the show. He's friends with everybody, but Jess/Cece have been best friends since grade school and Nick/Schmidt since college, plus the romantic pairings between them as well can sometimes cause him to get lost in the shuffle.

I kinda wish they had kept his relationship with Brenda Song going longer than it did.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm not saying his character itself is a stereotype..he's just like the rest of them...he just gets the usual black character treatment...

most episodes ive seen he's just in the background and in some the whole crew is out together doing shyt and he's nowhere to be found the entire time...

his character itself is normal though. i like him on the show overall.
Yeah, that's not accurate at all.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
It's true that when Lamorne Morris was first cast as Winston, the writers didn't really know what to do with him. Especially considering the whole Coach thing in the pilot, and they would throw stuff at him to do and Lamorne is such a funny actor he can make a lot of it work. Now his character is more defined and he has a more clear role on the show. He's friends with everybody, but Jess/Cece have been best friends since grade school and Nick/Schmidt since college, plus the romantic pairings between them as well can sometimes cause him to get lost in the shuffle.

I kinda wish they had kept his relationship with Brenda Song going longer than it did.
That was brenda song? I thought she looked familiar

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Catch heat from all my brehs (and some brehettes), but I fukk with this show heavy. Cut my cable some time back, so I'll hafta stream these new eps. Netflix just added Ssn 4, tho'.

tumblr_nob2j8aCRQ1s8ncmdo1_540.png

tumblr_nob2j8aCRQ1s8ncmdo2_540.png

tumblr_nob2j8aCRQ1s8ncmdo3_540.png

tumblr_nob2j8aCRQ1s8ncmdo4_540.png

tumblr_nob2j8aCRQ1s8ncmdo5_540.png

Back for more Winston fukkery. :blessed:

Thats the chick from dope? :whoo:

Had no idea this show has been on that long, might binge watch

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

Nick and Winston have been friends since they were kids.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
That's true, I forgot about those flashback episodes :snoop:. It just seems like Nick and Schmidt have been closer friends on the show.

yeah, it feels like that because Winston had been away playing ball and when he came back he was the straight down the line guy.
like someone said they didn't know what to do with him like that so there wasn't much character development until they gave him more random shyt to do which he makes funnier than it should be sometimes.