The Nevers, Season 1B, Tubi (February/March) Roku (Spring)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The original Amalia is dead as far as we know

I think both factions were trying to survive via different means. One looked at the Aliens as threat and the other looked at them as a means to salivation.

They are changing the past to change the future. Amelia pretty much says in the closing.

The real Amelia is dead. I think Stripe was a futuristic “touched” person who’s super power was the ability to jump from body to body (kinda like the skins in Altered Carbon if you ever watched that). I don’t know if she necessarily kills the host she joins or if she must jump into a dying body. Tying back to future, I think that is the end result of humanity’s hatred to the touched. Earth dies. She’s sent back to past to lead an army of new “touched” people to avoid the same outcome.

My understanding of what’s going on in this show is very shaky, so I welcome any corrections/clarifications. Genuinely curious how far off I am :pachaha:

But in some scenes it seemed like she was having the "real" Amalia's memories. So I'm wondering if both personalities are in there merged together.
Also, she seemed pretty surprised about having a new, smaller, and weaker body, so I don't think she knew it was possible to move to a new body. It seemed like she was saying that in the future the types of powers that the Galanthi give people are totally different, and that the "random" powers that people have in the past might be due to the Galanthi that traveled back in time was crazy from being "tortured".

If the past IS changing, then what is the story behind the "Victorian" artifacts that they found in the "museum" section in the future base?
My fear is that the writers themselves (or the remaining show runners after Joss leaves) don't know where this was going.

Daps
But in some scenes it seemed like she was having the "real" Amalia's memories. So I'm wondering if both personalities are in there merged together.
Also, she seemed pretty surprised about having a new, smaller, and weaker body, so I don't think she knew it was possible to move to a new body. It seemed like she was saying that in the future the types of powers that the Galanthi give people are totally different, and that the "random" powers that people have in the past might be due to the Galanthi that traveled back in time was crazy from being "tortured".

If the past IS changing, then what is the story behind the "Victorian" artifacts that they found in the "museum" section in the future base?
My fear is that the writers themselves (or the remaining show runners after Joss leaves) don't know where this was going.

I don’t recall her having the real Amelia’s memories, but I surely could’ve missed that. I do recall Stripe remarking about Amelia’s body being weaker and smaller, but that’s in line with how people felt when they changed skin in Altered Carbon so I didn’t think anything of that.

I took the Victorian Era artifacts to hint that that was a key point in history. Either that’s when the Galanthi first come to Earth or some pivotal battle/event takes place that Stripe needs to alter.

Last edited:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Newish* trend in modern time travel stories is that you can't send matter back in time, only consciousness/data/information, shyt like that. So my theory is that the gethlani *always* make first contact with humans in the victorian era. This explains why they would have those items in a lab still for study/to hold onto. This would also explain the two factions we see in the future sorta, one more tech and science friendly, the other leaning way more into xenophobia, zealtory etc. Its the puritans vs touched shyt pushed forward a century?

Tortured alien probably saw stripe was decisive and hard enough to make the tough calls that might lead to a better future so sent her back to the beginning of the story. Given what we know and see about Stripe (future amelia) idk why she hasn't taken a harder line with the anti touched folk. Stripe was with the shyts.

*I say newish even though Carpenter's underrated classic "Prince of Darkness" uses this theory too and that was 1988 iirc. I've just seen it more lately since everybody talking about consciousness shyt now.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Where The Nevers will go next, under the control of new show-runner Philippa Goslett, is yet to be seen; filming of the next six episodes takes place over the European summer. Goslett’s CV includes co-writing the script for Australian director Garth Davis’ under-sung Mary Magdalene. “She has been given free rein to take the story wherever she wants to from here,” says Donnelly.

“I think that this, a woman taking over and writing it from a woman’s point of view, will take it really interesting places. Looking at Philippa’s history, the stuff where she has thrown her energy and artistry in the past has been based around social justice, human rights, the environment – all the conversations the show is already having with itself, so I’m interested to see where she digs in deeper.”
edac7d78dcba4ee4d241850eaf17b3b713dfe765

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Newish* trend in modern time travel stories is that you can't send matter back in time, only consciousness/data/information, shyt like that. So my theory is that the gethlani *always* make first contact with humans in the victorian era. This explains why they would have those items in a lab still for study/to hold onto. This would also explain the two factions we see in the future sorta, one more tech and science friendly, the other leaning way more into xenophobia, zealtory etc. Its the puritans vs touched shyt pushed forward a century?

Tortured alien probably saw stripe was decisive and hard enough to make the tough calls that might lead to a better future so sent her back to the beginning of the story. Given what we know and see about Stripe (future amelia) idk why she hasn't taken a harder line with the anti touched folk. Stripe was with the shyts.

*I say newish even though Carpenter's underrated classic "Prince of Darkness" uses this theory too and that was 1988 iirc. I've just seen it more lately since everybody talking about consciousness shyt now.

Whenever I hear of a story like that, the first thing I think of is 'Quantum Leap'.

I suppose "Slaughterhouse Five" is also a similar idea, but that is within the same person.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Whenever I hear of a story like that, the first thing I think of is 'Quantum Leap'.

I suppose "Slaughterhouse Five" is also a similar idea, but that is within the same person.

There's a dope canadian scifi show on netflix that does something similar too, "Travelers." It's by one of the dudes behind the stargate tv shows. It got cancelled after 3 seasons but has a satisfying ending.