The Netflix of Gaming is here *update*

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Wasn't Stadia supposed to be the Netflix of gaming?

Data caps kill the idea of streaming games

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This is smart I remember they were saying Netflix biggest rival when it came to eyeballs was Fortnite and video games. This makes a ton of sense, I thought they would try to acquire a company like Spotify or Activision .

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
No one is forcing you to subscribe. You can pay $70 for every game if that's what you prefer
:ohhh:
How dare you bring logic into this convo:mjlol::mjlol:
Logic is Xbox exclusive
:laff:

If this shyt takes off
Why would this be funny if it took off :gucci:
Id play an Orange Is The New Black game where you get to run around n beat up Piper:ehh:
So if you played a prison game the first thing you thinking about is a piper? You homey is mad susssssssspect :dame:
And scissor big bishes in the shower
I guess that's an upgrade from dancing with rivets :hubie:
Wasn't Stadia supposed to be the Netflix of gaming?

Data caps kill the idea of streaming games
Data caps are not the standard unless you're near poverty. And while that's unfortunate, technology doesn't move at the pace of the poor :hula: does not cater to those who cannot partake unless that was the majority (which it's not)
Can Netflix do Stadia better than Google? :lupe:
Netflix doesn't have a cloud infrastructure at all. At least Sony has gaikai, but what you didn't realize is that only Microsoft, Amazon and Google have clouds. There's other forms of cloud but they are much much much much smaller. There's only a big 3 that could do it. I'm thinking if it's not gamefly style it'll be bullshyt titles mostly. This has no chance at succeeding imo because Netflix isn't this well ran company. You'd think it is but they've made plenty of bonehead moves over the years and I expect them to monkey this thing up like I'm the governor of Florida

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So if you played a prison game the first thing you thinking about is a piper? You homey is mad susssssssspect :dame:
Piper is an annoying character from the show genius.

FilthyOpulentHartebeest-size_restricted.gif

Piper-Always-Enjoying-Herself.gif

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Piper is an annoying character from the show genius.

FilthyOpulentHartebeest-size_restricted.gif

Piper-Always-Enjoying-Herself.gif
I am a genius because I already knew that. Look at your over here tho :cape: for bytches that look like Pete Davidson n shyt. That's why you're still on the susssssssspect list, even more so now.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Better get on it then, I don't know if console would support it though, would be cool of it does, but I'm sceptical. I think it's the future, I don't want to pay $70 for new games anymore, fukk it.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
This thread is a reminder of why I don't come to this section often. People literally upset that there would be another gaming platform as if they didn't have the option to not spend any money on it:what:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Can Netflix do Stadia better than Google? :lupe:

I doubt it. In terms of overall features and performance stadia is actually head and shoulders above everyone else. Google is bullshytting with the brand but the tech is actually very impressive. I’ve beat multiple games on stadia and you often forget that you’re streaming, it’s that good. If Microsoft matches that with their gamepass library (which they are getting close) then it will absolutely become the “Netflix of gaming” and dominate the streaming space within a year or so

Honestly Sony dropped the ball with PSNow not being bigger. They were the first major players and had a massive head start that’s already been lapped by GamePass and Stadia. 720p streaming with limited device options:hhh:

Last edited:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
None of these tech companies have shown they have any idea what they're doing with video games.

Gamepass got in the door first like Netflix did with video streaming and have already built up a strong install base and library so there's no way this is some potential Gamepass killer.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None of these tech companies have shown they have any idea what they're doing with video games.

Gamepass got in the door first like Netflix did with video streaming and have already built up a strong install base and library so there's no way this is some potential Gamepass killer.
This.

Yall know damn well this about to be a bunch of gatcha games, some Barbie's adventure kid shyt and maybe peak with a Fornite or Sonic port.

Most people I know who bought the video games off the Firestick got them by accident, their kids messed around and ran up their credit card buying stuff. Maybe that's the market they're going for. :yeshrug: Let's see what happens